06-18-15, 06:45 PM   #1
Docsavage
A Murloc Raider
Maps mining route

Use to be when you created a route that every time you reached a point in the route a sound like a click would be made, I no longer have that now, is this gone or is there a way to turn it back on?
06-18-15, 08:02 PM   #2
Thrumbar
A Chromatic Dragonspawn
Originally Posted by Docsavage View Post
Use to be when you created a route that every time you reached a point in the route a sound like a click would be made, I no longer have that now, is this gone or is there a way to turn it back on?
Are you using the Curse/Wowinterface release or the Git Hub version.

Thrumbar
06-18-15, 09:57 PM   #3
Kreelor
A Firelord

And, it used to be true that all potential nodes (mining & herbalism) were visible since they were built into Carbonite or else they got them from Blizzard somehow, not loaded from some 3rd party source. Carbonite's Route feature used to draw a dashed line on both of the Carbonite map views (the larger and smaller one) to each potential node location (and, the node icons were visible on the map! That helped users distinguish what kind of herb etc. was a potential one to gather). Of course, users still had to glance up at Blizzard's minimap to see the flashing nodes which indicated that the node had something actually at that node. Unless I'm missing something, now the nodes only show up after you've mined or picked each individual node to add it to the game's "memory". Bummer. I used Carbonite's (GatherMate?) "Load nodes" and "Load herbs" options, but it doesn't seem to load anything usable. I don't understand that. The Route will only 'route' to the nodes I've visited up to that point, which kinda' defeats the purpose, imo.
-- Note: I have been using the latest GitHub DEV version.

Last edited by Kreelor : 06-18-15 at 10:29 PM.
06-18-15, 10:57 PM   #4
R_OReilly
An Aku'mai Servant
I've been using GatherMate2_Data - Carbonite Edition and updating the *Data.lua and .toc files manually. I update GatherMate2_Data and then copy the Arch, Fish, Gas, Herb, Mining, and TreasureData.lua as well as the Changelog*.txt over to Gathermate2_Data_Carbonite. Once there, I update GatherMate2_Data_Carbonite.toc and change the Version: to the current for GatherMate2_Data (26.7 as of this post). From there you can Import [Herb|Mining|Treasure] from GatherMate2_Data in the Carbonite options Guide and Gather menus. I think Rythal mentioned something about looking into a direct import from GatherMate2_Data but not sure. Or maybe he has done it already on the Git version?
06-19-15, 05:03 PM   #5
Docsavage
A Murloc Raider
The Curse version
06-19-15, 05:10 PM   #6
Docsavage
A Murloc Raider
Downloaded Git version and all is OK
06-19-15, 10:55 PM   #7
Rythal
Featured Artist
Featured
It never built it's own from blizzard, or from the map .. it use to be there was it's own nodes database built from information coming from wowhead.

The decision was made to use gathermate instead since they were doing the same thing a dump of information from wowhead.

This may change again in the future as Carbonite now supports dungeon levels when your gathering, and gathermates data does not have dungeon levels, nor does from what I can see the source material at wowhead (at least for garrison it doesn't) which means I may open it up to user submissions and the return of carbonite nodes.
06-20-15, 06:08 AM   #8
Kreelor
A Firelord

Rythal, thanks for filling in the details where I was only guessing at them. You explained where the data used to come from and where you might get it again in the future, but will both of the Carbonite map views ever again show all the nodes (icons) by default as it used to do? I remember how very helpful that was to scroll the maps all over the world and see where certain node-types were most dense when farming for items.

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » Carbonite » Carbonite: Maps (Main AddOn) » Maps mining route