10-16-10, 12:15 PM   #1
Xhexy
A Defias Bandit
Lag when accepting quests

I hope this hasn't been posted else where, if so, I applogise in Advance.

The main issue I am getting is whenever I accept a new quest, I get about 2 seconds of really low FPS! I've disabled All addons and accpeted/handed in a Q and this does not happen. It only happens where I have Carbonite active.

This also happens whenever I achieve an objective.

Is this a known issue? Or am I doing something wrong?

Thanks in advance.

10-16-10, 12:48 PM   #2
Xhexy
A Defias Bandit
I have figured out what it was.

If anyone else has the same problem you need to disable WoW's own quest tracking, log out, and log back in! worked like a charm <3

Thanks anyway

10-16-10, 05:11 PM   #3
carboniteaddon
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
We actually have an option that is on by default that tries to do that. I'll keep an eye out for that issue.

10-17-10, 06:02 AM   #4
KhronosS
A Kobold Labourer
Hello.

I am having the same issue... actually every time i kill a quest mob... or pick a quest item i start lagging for 1-2 seconds.

Can you explain how you disabled the WOW quest tracking?...

Thank you.

10-17-10, 09:11 AM   #5
justnuts
A Murloc Raider
I was having the same problem with low frame rates. I decided to check the options and saw that the check box for emulate Tom Tom was checked. I don't have Tom Tom or even know what it is, so I unchecked it and yeeeeehawwww no more low frame rates. Not sure if this would help everyone or just me but it's worth a try.

10-17-10, 04:56 PM   #6
carboniteaddon
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Originally Posted by KhronosS View Post
Hello.

I am having the same issue... actually every time i kill a quest mob... or pick a quest item i start lagging for 1-2 seconds.

Can you explain how you disabled the WOW quest tracking?...

Thank you.
Press ESC, click Interface, select Objectives and uncheck the auto options there.

10-17-10, 04:58 PM   #7
carboniteaddon
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Originally Posted by justnuts View Post
I was having the same problem with low frame rates. I decided to check the options and saw that the check box for emulate Tom Tom was checked. I don't have Tom Tom or even know what it is, so I unchecked it and yeeeeehawwww no more low frame rates. Not sure if this would help everyone or just me but it's worth a try.
All the emulation does is add some code that looks like TomTom to other addons. It does not actively do anything until an addon calls one of those TomTom functions.

Are you using other addons?
Have your tried it with them disabled?

10-18-10, 05:06 PM   #8
justnuts
A Murloc Raider
Yes I have other addons. Cartographer had to be disabled because no matter what I did with the other addons it would take the frame rate to 4 fps when enabled. Honestly I can't explain why I had no frame rate issues after I unchecked Tom Tom but it did make a difference. I was careful to only change one setting at a time to make sure I was tracking down the culprit.

10-18-10, 05:45 PM   #9
carboniteaddon
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Sounds like some addon was trying to set a TomTom location. Possibly a lot or making errors.

Is "Display LUA Errors" on?

10-19-10, 07:04 PM   #10
justnuts
A Murloc Raider
Well, as an experiment i reenabled emulate Tom Tom. The frame rate held steady at 60 FPS. So much for my half brained theory lol. Thanks for the replies however!

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » Carbonite » Carbonite Archive » Lag when accepting quests