Feature voting - what's next

Item database - 64.44%
Northrend Instance maps - 15.53%
Improve gather features - 8.64%
German localization - 4.36%
Class spells - 2.81%
Guild bank items in Warehouse - 2.32%
Add guide repair, ammo, reagents - 1.90%

At the end of the month the top feature will be removed from the list and we will begin implementing it. We will be posting a poll in the supporters forum to determine the next feature to add to the list.

Last edited by Haavok : 05-26-09 at 09:16 AM.

05-26-09, 09:26 AM   #2
florinpatan
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Hi,

Thanks for posting the results on the votes until now.
I have only one question.
What 'Item database' means and how do you see it working? I've searched the forums and nothing relevant came up, maybe I missed something. Is it something like Atlas Loot?
If you have some little time to explain it that would be great.

Thank you and have a nice day.

Last edited by florinpatan : 05-26-09 at 09:27 AM. Reason: added: Is it something like Atlas Loot?

05-26-09, 09:31 AM   #3
Haavok
A Rage Talon Dragon Guard

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by florinpatan View Post
Hi,

Thanks for posting the results on the votes until now.
I have only one question.
What 'Item database' means and how do you see it working? I've searched the forums and nothing relevant came up, maybe I missed something. Is it something like Atlas Loot?
If you have some little time to explain it that would be great.

Thank you and have a nice day.
We haven't worked out all the specifics yet but it will behave a lot like the armory. You will be able to seach the full item database in-game and filter/sort based on various properties.

05-26-09, 12:06 PM   #4
Unbelievable
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

Will we get to vote each month? If so when will we know we can vote again?

05-26-09, 12:15 PM   #5
Haavok

Originally Posted by Unbelievable View Post
Will we get to vote each month? If so when will we know we can vote again?

You can vote any time you like - the votes won't 'reset' each time we implement a feature, we'll just add a new feature to the list to replace the one that was removed.

06-02-09, 10:41 PM   #6
EVmaker
A Deviate Faerie Dragon

Originally Posted by Haavok View Post
We haven't worked out all the specifics yet but it will behave a lot like the armory. You will be able to seach the full item database in-game and filter/sort based on various properties.
I have a question if I may, will this be an additional 'folder' such as Carbonite Nodes which can simply not be enabled to save memory and such? A database like that while handy also makes one think it'd be rather intensive and it would be nice to be able to simply not load it when it's not needed.

06-02-09, 10:47 PM   #7
Sepioth
A Molten Giant
Originally Posted by EVmaker View Post
I have a question if I may, will this be an additional 'folder' such as Carbonite Nodes which can simply not be enabled to save memory and such? A database like that while handy also makes one think it'd be rather intensive and it would be nice to be able to simply not load it when it's not needed.
I would have to agree with this and do hop you go this route ... I personally have no real need for an item database.

06-02-09, 10:52 PM   #8
Haavok

Originally Posted by EVmaker View Post
Yes, we are planning to introduce this as a separate addon that will be included in the Carbonite .zip file.

06-03-09, 07:21 AM   #9
Hambil
A Fallenroot Satyr
I'm confused. I could have sworn the feature I voted for was adding achievements to the tracker, but I don't see that in your list - instead there is item database...

06-03-09, 08:40 AM   #10
Haavok

Originally Posted by Hambil View Post
I'm confused. I could have sworn the feature I voted for was adding achievements to the tracker, but I don't see that in your list - instead there is item database...
It just got added to replace the item database feature that is now being worked on.

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » Carbonite » Carbonite Archive » Feature voting - what's next