07-01-14, 10:18 AM   #1
emoxxxkid
A Murloc Raider
Quest Markers (? and !) not always showing on Carbonite Map

Hey guys! So I just bought WoW and am new to playing. I was searching for Addons to use and came across Carbonite, which it seems development may have halted, but I'm loving it. The only issue I'm having is that the ? and ! don't always seem to appear in either the map or minimap. They do in the regular WoW map just fine. I'm a completionist and look to do everything in a zone before moving on. I've gone through all the settings in Carbonite, but can't seem to find anything to fix it. Maybe I'm doing something wrong? I'm also using NPCScan, Gatherer, and nUI (I have the integration addon for Carbonite/nUI) so maybe something is conflicting to prevent it from populating correctly? If anyone has any insight on this, it would be greatly appreciated! I also downloaded Wholly since I saw that on a lot of forum posts for Addons. Thanks in advance!

07-08-14, 12:10 PM   #2
Nobbi
A Murloc Raider
Please note the Carbonite release you use.
Only the Beta is usable.

07-08-14, 01:45 PM   #3
emoxxxkid
A Murloc Raider
Originally Posted by Nobbi View Post
Please note the Carbonite release you use.
Only the Beta is usable.
I've tried both the beta and the regular release. Both have the issue.

07-08-14, 02:49 PM   #4
Nimhfree
A Frostmaul Preserver
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Wholly will not put proper markers on the Carbonite map unless you use a modified version of Carbonite that is currently not fully supported by Rythal as there were some problems experienced (that I did not experience as I do not use Carbonite to its fullest). Wholly only puts the map pins on the normal map (and some other maps that it explicitly supports). If you want I can provide my changes to the Carbonite code to support Wholly putting map pins in place, but you might need to revert the changes if it breaks other aspects of Carbonite you may want to use.

07-08-14, 07:01 PM   #5
jeffy162
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
How does Carbonite work by itself? I mean, with all other addons disabled, and I do mean all. That is the only way to tell if something is messing with Carbonite.

Carbonite <----- GitHub main module (Maps ONLY) download link. The other modules are also available on GitHub.
Carbonite-CLASSIC<----- GitHub link to Carbonite Classic. Thanks to ircdirk for this!

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » Carbonite » Carbonite Archive » Quest Markers (? and !) not always showing on Carbonite Map