08-22-08, 04:56 AM   #1
esis_swe
A Defias Bandit
Lightbulb Using /who to track networks of players

Hey!

Im wondering wether its possible to create an add on that uses the /who command to track in what zone players from a selected guild (or perhaps where all players on a server/zone are) are and save the information in an excelfile?

It would also be nice if this add on could be automatic so you could leave your computer on for a long period of time while the add on works for you.

With it you could map out who plays with who on an entire server!
08-22-08, 06:46 AM   #2
Mera
Retired of WoW, In ESO :)

Premium Member
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by esis_swe View Post
Hey!

Im wondering wether its possible to create an add on that uses the /who command to track in what zone players from a selected guild (or perhaps where all players on a server/zone are) are and save the information in an excelfile?

It would also be nice if this add on could be automatic so you could leave your computer on for a long period of time while the add on works for you.

With it you could map out who plays with who on an entire server!
It is exactly what does CensusPlus, a bit ugly UI but with a bit of training you will probably appreciate it, it also works as a client to fill the big characters database here
Mera[xeh]? - La CroisadeEcarlate (wow)
08-22-08, 04:46 PM   #3
esis_swe
A Defias Bandit
That would be perfect, but I cant seem to collect data about what region/zone the guilds players are in... anyone know how?
10-24-08, 11:52 AM   #4
Mike-N-Go
A Theradrim Guardian

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by esis_swe View Post
That would be perfect, but I cant seem to collect data about what region/zone the guilds players are in... anyone know how?
I have not looked at the addon code, but if it already cashes stuff from /who results, it should not be too hard to get the other data, too. I have plans to work on an addon called Name Net, that would cash who info, it would basically be Name Violation with more features; no ETA, though.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Search/Requests » Using /who to track networks of players