12-30-14, 11:08 AM   #41
ircdirk
A Molten Giant

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by nelegalno2 View Post
Any chance this could go to a different file - Carbonite.Quests.lua for example?

BTW You should probably remove the Carbonite.Quests/NxQuest.lua.bak file from the pull request.
Yes, i think i can do that. It was a function for Gathering data, just made it work.

Just remove pull this request for now.
12-30-14, 11:26 AM   #42
nelegalno2
A Flamescale Wyrmkin
Originally Posted by ircdirk View Post
Yes, i think i can do that. It was a function for Gathering data, just made it work.

Just remove pull this request for now.
You should probably coordinate this with Rythal because if I remember he was working on the profile system and it'll be nice if each module kept it's data in a different file instead of Carbonite.lua
12-30-14, 03:04 PM   #43
atl77
A Chromatic Dragonspawn
He just told me he was already looking into it...
12-30-14, 04:12 PM   #44
Rythal
Featured Artist
Featured
A lot of things are still stored in Carbonite.lua that should be in it's own file, across all the modules.

If it was just profiles, it wouldn't be so bad and up and running. The problem is if you delete a profile, to also make the modules delete the same profile. If you change profiles, make the modules change to the same profile.

The easy solution would be to not do this, and keep everything separate. Profile options for every module.
12-30-14, 05:11 PM   #45
nelegalno2
A Flamescale Wyrmkin
Originally Posted by Rythal View Post
A lot of things are still stored in Carbonite.lua that should be in it's own file, across all the modules.

If it was just profiles, it wouldn't be so bad and up and running. The problem is if you delete a profile, to also make the modules delete the same profile. If you change profiles, make the modules change to the same profile.

The easy solution would be to not do this, and keep everything separate. Profile options for every module.
I think the logical solution now that Carbonite is modular is that each module should have a file with the profile and module data that is independent of the rest. Maybe also an option to reset settings to default values for emergences. An option to have the same profile assigned to multiple characters where it won't be a problem is also a good idea since I like to have an uniform UI for all my characters but some people prefer to customize the UI per character or class.

That way if someone for example decided not to use the wherehouse anymore the collected inventory data won't be loaded and take space, also having a ~1MB Carbonite.lua file is a bit to much for me when the rest are 1-2KB.

P.S. At some time in the future you might consider renaming the directories to Carbonite_ModuleName for grouping in addon control addons. I don't know if spiting the configuration by modues would help or not - might get too confusing for some users but if it helps the development process...

Last edited by nelegalno2 : 12-30-14 at 05:14 PM.
12-31-14, 04:45 AM   #46
ircdirk
A Molten Giant

Originally Posted by nelegalno2 View Post
I think the logical solution now that Carbonite is modular is that each module should have a file with the profile and module data that is independent of the rest. Maybe also an option to reset settings to default values for emergences. An option to have the same profile assigned to multiple characters where it won't be a problem is also a good idea since I like to have an uniform UI for all my characters but some people prefer to customize the UI per character or class.

That way if someone for example decided not to use the wherehouse anymore the collected inventory data won't be loaded and take space, also having a ~1MB Carbonite.lua file is a bit to much for me when the rest are 1-2KB.

P.S. At some time in the future you might consider renaming the directories to Carbonite_ModuleName for grouping in addon control addons. I don't know if spiting the configuration by modues would help or not - might get too confusing for some users but if it helps the development process...
Ok, changed to save to Carbonite.Quests.lua Pull is waiting on git.
12-31-14, 11:40 AM   #47
ircdirk
A Molten Giant

One thing: please all developers turn on Quest Data Gathering.

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » Carbonite » Carbonite: Dev Talk » Quests database