07-16-11, 05:18 AM   #1
Tadedra
A Cliff Giant
Baud Auction:

Baud Auction How I love the- Its simple, elegant and does two things that I love and need. Price per unit and give me the one page feature versus having to have multiple pages for a search.

The problem I'm having with it is the items are coming through incorrectly "ffffffffScroll of Such and Such".

I'm hoping someone would be willing to dive in and work with me to fix this. Please let me know. Because all AH addons I can survive without but this one. (and I have both Auctionator and Tradeskill Master).
07-16-11, 10:44 AM   #2
Jzar
A Chromatic Dragonspawn

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Well, I commend you for offering to "dive in and work" with a developer to fix this addon -- some of the users of this site could use your same willingness to try something and learn something new.

However, in this case, the fix is quite simple, and I'm going to just give you the solution. I know it because I had to fix it myself the first day after the patch. The same problem was driving me nuts!

Open Interface\Addons\BaudAuction\BaudAuction.lua in your editor of choice. (Preferably, one that shows line numbers like Notepad++)

Then go to line 37, and change it from

Code:
Text = select(4,GetItemQualityColor(SearchItem[4]))..(SearchItem[1]or "Unknown");
to

Code:
Text = "|c" .. select(4,GetItemQualityColor(SearchItem[4]))..(SearchItem[1]or "Unknown");
The only difference is at the beginning of the line where it says "|c" ..

Enjoy!

Last edited by Jzar : 07-17-11 at 01:57 PM.
07-16-11, 02:34 PM   #3
Tadedra
A Cliff Giant
Thank you so much. I wish I could get a "cut and paste" job. I'd be a billionaire. Basic concepts and translating format to action is something I could do with a developer's Dictionary but coming up with my own stuff, not so smart.

Thank you again for your help.
07-16-11, 02:42 PM   #4
Pixol
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Thanks, the fix I've been using was changing that line to
Code:
Text = (SearchItem[1]or "Unknown");
But this new fix adds back the item quality color
12-03-11, 11:40 AM   #5
rain3x
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Anybody happen to have a fix for 4.3 for this? It's listing all the auctions as having no buyouts, with clearly isn't true.
12-18-11, 11:10 AM   #6
vivianalive
A Deviate Faerie Dragon

Originally Posted by rain3x View Post
Anybody happen to have a fix for 4.3 for this? It's listing all the auctions as having no buyouts, with clearly isn't true.
Actually I was just about to fix this mod, then I found someone else had fixed it before me.
I does work.
http://wow.curseforge.com/addons/bau...7-4-3-version/

CeeUI: a minimalistic all-class UI
12-19-11, 06:42 AM   #7
Tadedra
A Cliff Giant
Thank you for that... ^^^^ With the holidays and rushing around so much I hadn't had time to get info to request help. I love this site and the Team work around here sometimes.
04-03-14, 10:17 AM   #8
Takika
A Murloc Raider
5.4.7 version

Originally Posted by vivianalive View Post
Actually I was just about to fix this mod, then I found someone else had fixed it before me.
I does work.
http://wow.curseforge.com/addons/bau...7-4-3-version/
I just fixed the previously posted 4.3 version to work with the current 5.4.7 API version.
You can found the fixed BaudAuction.lua here:
http://wow.curseforge.com/addons/bau...5-4-7-version/

EDIT: I just added a new file to the ticket with battlepet tooltip fix.

Last edited by Takika : 04-04-14 at 08:57 AM. Reason: New file added to the ticket

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Search/Requests » Baud Auction: