01-11-13, 01:40 AM   #1
Rythal
Featured Artist
Featured
Carbonite 5.1.2 is up

Changes: 5.1.2
Fixed Scarlet Monastery Microdungeon triggering Scarlet Monastery Instance map actions
Fixed position display inside microdungeons
Fixed missing objectives in kasarang wilds
Fixed imported carbonite nodes going to wrong zones (highly suggest resetting your herbs/ore and
importing again if you previously imported with 5.1.0 or 5.1.1)
Attempted fix on wandering isle vanishing when zoomed, lemme know if it seems to work (does for me).

http://www.wowinterface.com/download...Carbonite.html

Last edited by Rythal : 01-12-13 at 01:55 PM.

01-11-13, 02:26 AM   #2
Petrah
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Thanks for the update!

01-11-13, 02:31 AM   #3
aracthebold
Premium Member

Premium Member
Thanks Rythal

01-11-13, 10:47 AM   #4
Grewe02
A Murloc Raider
Woohoo! Thanks Rythal.

01-11-13, 12:14 PM   #5
Xcari
A Fallenroot Satyr
Appreciate your hard work on Carbonite, Rythal. Thanks so much.

01-11-13, 12:15 PM   #6
Subzero7
A Fallenroot Satyr
Resetting "herbs and ore?"

Originally Posted by Rythal View Post
(highly suggest resetting your herbs/ore and
importing again if you previously imported with 5.1.0 or 5.1.1)
Attempted fix on wandering isle vanishing when zoomed, lemme know if it seems to work (does for me).

Thanks Rythal, but how do you reset herbs and ore. I'm not even sure if I need that, but since you recommend it, I thought I would do it, but I don't know how.

01-11-13, 01:16 PM   #7
Rythal
Featured Artist
Featured
Originally Posted by Subzero7 View Post
Thanks Rythal, but how do you reset herbs and ore. I'm not even sure if I need that, but since you recommend it, I thought I would do it, but I don't know how.
In the options, under Guide you can delete the currently saved ore/herb nodes and also import the new ones.

01-12-13, 11:27 AM   #8
jeffy162
A Pyroguard Emberseer

<snip>
Well, the map doesn't completely black out if you zoom in, but it does have a dark layer over part of the map if you zoom in:
Please click the images for a larger version (might open in a new browser tab) 1280 x 800 resolution.
Minimized map: Click image for larger version

Name:	MinMap.jpg
Views:	183
Size:	127.4 KB
ID:	7494 Maximized map:Click image for larger version

Name:	MaxMap.jpg
Views:	210
Size:	103.6 KB
ID:	7495 Yes, I'm running 5.1.2: Click image for larger version

Name:	OptionsVersion.jpg
Views:	188
Size:	80.4 KB
ID:	7496

Well, it does it for me, at least. If no one else has this problem, just ignore this post.

Carbonite <----- GitHub main module (Maps ONLY) download link. The other modules are also available on GitHub.
Carbonite-CLASSIC<----- GitHub link to Carbonite Classic. Thanks to ircdirk for this!

01-12-13, 11:57 AM   #9
Kreelor
A Firelord

Your old, out-of-date website

Have you given up on your old website(s)?

There's no link on them pointing to where users can download the most current version of your changes. The ones listed, are way out-of-date.

Why not get rid of a website that you no longer have the time to maintain. It's confusing.

01-12-13, 12:12 PM   #10
Rythal
Featured Artist
Featured
The only website I have is rythal.com, it's not up to date news wise (I really need to remember to update it >< I'm horrible for that), but it does have a download link to the latest version here.

carboniteaddon I don't have any control over, nor can I do anything with it... it's owned by the previous developers.

01-12-13, 12:16 PM   #11
Rythal
Featured Artist
Featured
Originally Posted by jeffy162 View Post
Well, it does it for me, at least. If no one else has this problem, just ignore this post.
Interesting... I see that on mine now, but no where near that dark (like 99% transparent instead of 10% like yours) I'll try and figure out what it is.

01-12-13, 12:22 PM   #12
Kreelor
A Firelord

Finding the LATEST update is difficult

If new (latest updates) are available, it's getting very difficlut to find a URL LINK to where those "latest" downloads are available. Not Dissussions about it, but the actual Download file.

Rythal's older websites appear to be defunct. No recent updates on them, including current links to latest updates.

I haven't seen anything on this site (wowinterace), in any of the recent posts that point to where the download can be accessed. If the downloads are available only on some other website, then the URL to that page should be included (somewhere, prominently) within the posted text notification, here.

I expected it to be in the new topic about 'recent' updates on this website (Jan 2013), but it's not here. At least, I searched several topics and couldn't find any URL link.

Suggestion. Rythal/WowInterface --- When you announce a 'new version update,' please provide an OBVIOUS simple link to where that is. WowInterface doesn't do it. There is no obvious link that I can find. It's just too difficult with so many different websites to find one source of the most current update.

I apologize if it is here and I just didn't see it prominently displayed in any of the forum posts, nor on the website itself.

Last edited by Kreelor : 01-12-13 at 12:26 PM.

01-12-13, 12:29 PM   #13
Kreelor
A Firelord

....carboniteaddon I don't have any control over, nor can I do anything with it... it's owned by the previous developers.
I understand that. It's your website and this wowinterface forum which are perplexing to me.

EDITED: If there is a link on your website to the most recent download version, I just couldn't see it displayed. Maybe you can make it more noticeable? Just a suggestion.

Last edited by Kreelor : 01-12-13 at 12:33 PM.

01-12-13, 01:49 PM   #14
aracthebold
Premium Member

Premium Member
Hi Kreelor,

In the bug report forum for the live version at the very top is a post with the link to the download.

http://www.wowinterface.com/forums/s...ad.php?t=45626

That is where he has been putting the link for the last few versions.

Thanks

edit:

or just bookmark

http://www.wowinterface.com/download...Carbonite.html

and then when a new version is out you got the link already.

01-12-13, 03:57 PM   #15
jeffy162
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Live: Carbonite (WoWI)
Carbonite Live on Curse.com
Beta: Carbonite BETA (WoWI)

Those are the pages for Carbonite. The only changes are when Rythal updates Carbonite (either version). The page url doesn't change, so you might as well bookmark them.

By-the-way, Kreelor, the download link on Rythals site is the gray "CARBONITE DOWNLOAD" text in the navigation bar. It's a link to the current "Live" download page, not the BETA.

Carbonite <----- GitHub main module (Maps ONLY) download link. The other modules are also available on GitHub.
Carbonite-CLASSIC<----- GitHub link to Carbonite Classic. Thanks to ircdirk for this!

Last edited by jeffy162 : 01-12-13 at 04:04 PM.

03-07-13, 02:35 PM   #16
Kreelor
A Firelord

Thank you, Jeffy for the information.

March 7, 2013
BTW... now that 5.0.1.3 (5103) has been released by Rythal, maybe this sticky can be updated to it?

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » Carbonite » Carbonite Archive » Carbonite 5.1.2 is up