Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
10-25-09, 10:56 AM   #1
Yutanas
A Murloc Raider

SharedMedia Help

Hey there everyone!

I'm totally lost on how to use this addon! I don't really understand how it works. English, is not my first language, but i'll try to be as clear as I can. Please keep that in mind when answering the upcoming questions (p.s. text wall incoming lol )

1- What is SharedMedia? How does it work? For what I could understand, it goes through my AddOns folder using features originally from one addon onto others, i.e. like taking a texture from Quartz and making it avaiable for PitBull, or a font from SCT making it avaiable for Chatter. Is that what it really does?

2 - How do I use it? Do I have to create subfolders inside the SharedMedia folder in my AddOns folder, like fonts, sounds or textures and move these types of file into their respective folder or do I have to create those folders in my AddOns folder? Or can I just to throw those types of files into my AddOns folder or into the SharedMedia folder?

3 - What is the difference between SharedMedia, SharedMedia-2.0, SharedMediaAdditionalFonts, SharedMediaAdditionalFonts-2.0, SharedMedia-Blizzard, LibSharedMedia 3.0 and SharedMedia_MyMedia? When I was looking at some ui packs on the site, and I looked at the pic of their addon folder, some of them had SharedMedia and SharedMedia-2.0, others had those two plus SharedMediaAdditionalFonts and SharedMediaAdditionalFonts-2.0, and some others had only SharedMedia.

4 - I found some background textures, statusbar textures, border textures for bars, minimap textures, as well as lots of fonts around the internet, and some compilations in packs here at the site. I copied them all into the SharedMedia folder; into subfolders (textures, fonts, sounds, etc) inside the SharedMedia folder, but they are not avaiable when I log on. So, all I gotta do is to copy the files into a folder, log on and they are supposed to be avaiable, or do I have to edit something - as I've seen some comments that I have to edit something in the SharedMedia.lua? If so, how do I do it?

5 - Lets suppose that I liked a specific feature in someone's UI, like a background artwork (like this smoke artwork http://s.wowinterface.com/preview/pvw30366.jpg ), or a cool minimap (like http://s.wowinterface.com/preview/pvw27901.jpg) or a unitframe (like http://s.wowinterface.com/preview/pvw24689.jpg). What do I have to do to use only the specific feature I liked? Of course, first I値l have to download the UI pack but, what next?

I知 really really sorry for the wall of text, but as I said before, I知 completely lost on how to use SharedMedia. Hope you guys have the time and patience to clear this up for me!

Thanks!

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Help/Support » SharedMedia Help