09-30-07, 05:04 PM   #1
Stumps
A Deviate Faerie Dragon

MazzleUI: One of a kind?

What would the closest thing to MazzleUI be? I am currently using Mazzle (thanks to meio), but on the chance that Mazzle is discontinued, I would like to be able to have a fall back option. I'm only asking this because I'm afraid of change.
09-30-07, 05:22 PM   #2
soritong
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
While it's no Mazzle, I've been using Mirage UI for the time being until (if ever) an official fix comes out.
09-30-07, 05:54 PM   #3
Huriana
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Mazzle is one of the only (If not the only) UI that will change your bars for you, put skills in, keybind, etc. and you don't need to make a new WTF folder in order for it to do that.
09-30-07, 09:45 PM   #4
Thunderstruk
A Murloc Raider

Soritong Mazzle works fine if you follow Meio's advice. I've used Mirage and it's Ok but as you say it's no Mazzle.
Mazzle is working fine for me and there is nothing better out there currently.
09-30-07, 10:05 PM   #5
Mixmaster
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
I wonder if Mazzle will give us a straight answer... Is he or will he update the UI? If not its time to move on insted of hacking whats there as another release is not far off. As it is I have been waiting a long time just for BC skill updates, though they can be moved manually.

Personally I been using Duce2.2 with great success the last few days. If he will not give a straight answer... time to move on.
10-01-07, 04:00 PM   #6
soritong
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Originally Posted by Thunderstruk
Soritong Mazzle works fine if you follow Meio's advice. I've used Mirage and it's Ok but as you say it's no Mazzle.
Mazzle is working fine for me and there is nothing better out there currently.
There are a few issues that just irk me enough to make Mazzle unusable. For example, it took numerous tries for Mazzify to work correctly for me even after following directions, which at that point my buttons didn't even map correctly (a known bug for the Hunter interface).

Secondly, whenever clicking on a quest and Lighthead loads, my FPS drops to 1. Literally 1. Nothing unsticks it unless I physically exit out of WoW and reload it.
10-01-07, 04:15 PM   #7
Tyrolit
A Black Drake

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
follow the instruxtions given on these forums and mazzleUI will work fine, the only errors you may get are not down to mazzleUI

take a tip, yeah i love this UI my self, so read the forums

dont give up on mazzle, its far from dead yet...
10-01-07, 09:23 PM   #8
soritong
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Originally Posted by Tyrolit
follow the instruxtions given on these forums and mazzleUI will work fine, the only errors you may get are not down to mazzleUI

take a tip, yeah i love this UI my self, so read the forums

dont give up on mazzle, its far from dead yet...
Did you even read my post?

I've read the instructions. I still get a memory leak when using the Lighthead plugin along with Mazzle. I've installed it manually on other UIs and it's worked fine.
10-02-07, 06:55 AM   #9
meio
A Cobalt Mageweaver

Originally Posted by soritong

I've read the instructions. I still get a memory leak when using the Lighthead plugin along with Mazzle. I've installed it manually on other UIs and it's worked fine.
Technically the issue you are having is not a memory leak, but that's beside the point. Since many people are not experiencing this after updating I can not give a definitive answer for a fix for you. I would start by making sure that the .svn file is gone from inside the nQuestLog folder. If it is, then I would try to update just nQuestLog and LightHeaded via WAU. The problem that caused this originally seemed to be in nQuestLog rather than LightHeaded.
10-02-07, 03:28 PM   #10
Grimsin
A Molten Giant

did you even read the forums?

Removing the svn and updating fixed my fps drop.
10-02-07, 04:30 PM   #11
soritong
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Originally Posted by meio
Technically the issue you are having is not a memory leak, but that's beside the point. Since many people are not experiencing this after updating I can not give a definitive answer for a fix for you. I would start by making sure that the .svn file is gone from inside the nQuestLog folder. If it is, then I would try to update just nQuestLog and LightHeaded via WAU. The problem that caused this originally seemed to be in nQuestLog rather than LightHeaded.
Thank you. This was the type of response I was looking for rather than "Just follow the instructions and it works kekeke kthnxbai".
10-03-07, 02:50 AM   #12
Ridcully
A Murloc Raider
Thank you. This was the type of response I was looking for rather than "Just follow the instructions and it works kekeke kthnxbai".
Um - this is in the forum too - not just in this thread. That's why so many people have already fixed this issue...
10-03-07, 05:32 AM   #13
stillklinge
A Fallenroot Satyr
To answer the initial question, why use an out-of-the-box UI at all?
I'd honestly say that for a beginner, Mazzle is by far the best choice.

But try to find out which aspects of Mazzle you like best and install those addons manually. Add others you found lacking in Mazzle and you're a free man!

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Help/Support » MazzleUI: One of a kind?