10-12-11, 09:06 PM   #1
visent
A Murloc Raider
problem with macaroon

so ive been using this mod for a long time and love it, but i cant seem to get the duel spec working correctly between specs, i made a 3x5 square box where i put all my moves and macros that i like and when i swap specs back and forth the buttons are not where i put them and if they are then they moved another button on my RT two standard bars around.. is there a way the i can fix this i might be retarded but why do a few off the RT action slots affect my box of buttons, i wish to use the standard bars with one box of additional buttons in the middle of the screen that change when i change spec if that makes any sense....

Last edited by visent : 10-12-11 at 09:26 PM.
10-12-11, 11:28 PM   #2
Phanx
Cat.

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Make sure your Macaroon buttons are all macro buttons, and not action ID buttons. Action ID buttons use the Blizzard action slots, so if you have two buttons assigned to the same action ID, changing the spell/ability on one of them will affect the other one.

Are you using the "Dual Spec" checkbox in the bar config window, or the dual spec switching feature of Macaroon Profiles?

With a dual spec bar, you should not see any buttons moving when you switch specs, only the contents of buttons.

With dual spec profiles, make sure you are saving your profiles after you make any changes. Unlike most addons, Macaroon does not treat profiles as "what you are currently using". When you load a profile, it simply copies the profile's settings to your "current settings", and then anything you change is applied only to your current settings, but not to the profile, unless you manually go in and save your current settings to the profile.

Also make sure you don't have both features enabled, as that will probably cause issues.
10-13-11, 12:46 AM   #3
visent
A Murloc Raider
so i remapped the keys action buttons to be macros and it didnt work they macros are appearing on the rt action bars and overriding my buttons that i have there....i made the macros like /cast battle shout and such did i do that incorrectly, and it never moved the rt action buttons off of the bar before i clicked the duel spec

Last edited by visent : 10-13-11 at 12:48 AM.
10-13-11, 12:52 AM   #4
visent
A Murloc Raider
i think i should just start over....so how would i make it so i had a 3x5 square of buttons i could click that wouldn't effect the other action bars, and would change when i swapped specs
10-13-11, 03:02 AM   #5
visent
A Murloc Raider
so i just spent 3 hours remapping keys for the macros and i think i got it working.. its a shame it was such a pain in the ass i wish i could have just dragged and dropped the keys like a normal action bar instead of making like a million macros, but beggers cant be choosers lol ty for the help
10-13-11, 03:17 AM   #6
Phanx
Cat.

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Once you've set the button to be a macro-type button, you can just drag and drop spells/abilities or items onto the button, and Macaroon will automatically write a macro for you. You can even drag and drop macros from one macro button to another. The only thing you can't do is drag and drop a Blizzard macro onto a Macaroon macro button; in that situation you would need to copy the Blizzard macro's contents, and paste them by hand into the Macaroon macro editing window.

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » Ion Engines, Engage! » problem with macaroon