10-21-12, 01:38 AM   #21
Byakko
A Fallenroot Satyr
Forgive me this is just a small question. I've just recently returned to WoW due to MoP and on my druid, and rebuilding my UI with addons gradually.

One thing I've found is that I find the usual action bar mods inadequate for my needs; which is more due to druid and hunter (my two mains) needing a tooooon of buttons and bar paging.

Just a question though, because what I was hoping Ion to be able to do might not be actually doable with the Blizzard framework.

Can an action bar be set to page to a new one based on detecting a particular buff/state on the character? Example being: I use Incarnation while in Cat Form, and I want the bar to page to a new set of preferred skills to use while in that state.

And then it switches again once the buff runs out. All this done in combat.

Sorry that I couldn't add anything constructive, but hopefully could you just give me a quick answer if this is possible. Having such flexibility would be a huge boon to me!
10-21-12, 08:38 PM   #22
Phanx
Cat.

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by Byakko View Post
Can an action bar be set to page to a new one based on detecting a particular buff/state on the character? Example being: I use Incarnation while in Cat Form, and I want the bar to page to a new set of preferred skills to use while in that state.
Not possible. Incarnation is just a buff, not a distinct stance/form like Cat Form, and there is no secure condition for "has a buff". For reference, the set of conditions a bar can respond to are the same set of conditions you can check for in a macro.

See:
http://www.wowpedia.org/Macro_conditionals

You would need to use a paged bar, and manually switch to the other page while in Incarnation (or macro it with /changeactionbar N /cast Incarnation, but you'd still need to switch back after Incarnation ended).
10-24-12, 03:37 PM   #23
thespillmonkey
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Originally Posted by dpwr View Post
He's been super busy, he posted a few day ago saying sorry and that he'd be doing smore more updates soon. Fear not!
Huzza!

Can't wait for it to be as functional as macaroon. I love it, but its tough without things like proper stealth/vehicle bars (I know they work but their mappings are static on the bars) and profiles.

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » Ion Engines, Engage! » Ion Alpha