08-28-12, 09:00 PM   #1
Dalmasca1
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
So, I figured out how to make a textual display indicating how many whole Burning Embers I have, but is there any way to detect how many fractions of an Ember -or "emberbits" as they've been called on the forums- I have?

Right now, I'm not able to input decimal values like "1.2" when I have "Absolute Values" checked for the resource monitor.

08-28-12, 09:01 PM   #2
Meorawr
A Chromatic Dragonspawn
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
I'll take a look at it tomorrow and make the adjustment to allow it. Thanks

08-28-12, 09:57 PM   #3
judoka
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Maybe I am not seeing it, but I cannot find a way to change the display of an aura. Is that implemented yet?

08-28-12, 10:14 PM   #4
Dalmasca1
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Originally Posted by judoka View Post
Maybe I am not seeing it, but I cannot find a way to change the display of an aura. Is that implemented yet?
Yes, it is. What exactly are you trying to do? Change a texture display to another texture?

08-28-12, 10:19 PM   #5
judoka
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Originally Posted by Dalmasca1 View Post
Yes, it is. What exactly are you trying to do? Change a texture display to another texture?
Right now I have the default icon used for auras. I would like to change the icon to something else. Normally the icon would be the icon of the spell or buff you are tracking (from old power auras). I want to make a custom aura with an icon to represent it other than the default one.

08-28-12, 10:23 PM   #6
judoka
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Changing the way the display looks - so far it only gives me the default one which looks like this sorta ( )

08-28-12, 10:26 PM   #7
judoka
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Nvm I got it - its under style - to change the picture of it.

08-29-12, 07:34 AM   #8
Meorawr
A Chromatic Dragonspawn
So, I figured out how to make a textual display indicating how many whole Burning Embers I have, but is there any way to detect how many fractions of an Ember -or "emberbits" as they've been called on the forums- I have?

Right now, I'm not able to input decimal values like "1.2" when I have "Absolute Values" checked for the resource monitor.
Working on this now, Blizzard's API is being weird though. UnitPower doesn't return fractional results for Burning Embers, it's always 0, 1, 2 or 3. Need to see how they're doing it...

Edit: Figured it out. It's absolutely horrible - they added a third argument (a boolean) to UnitPower/UnitPowerMax for returning the ACTUAL number of embers, ranging from 0 to 30. Without it, it just gives 0 to 3.

Last edited by Meorawr : 08-29-12 at 07:56 AM.

08-29-12, 07:55 AM   #9
tehiche
A Defias Bandit
I can't seem to get an inverted debuff on target not show if I have no target.

What I want to do is have an aura showing if my debuff or DoT is not on the target and disappear when it is on. What I'm getting right now is that as soon as I drop target, it pops up again and I'm fairly sure this wasn't the case with 4.x.x

I may just be dumb and/or blind to miss a setting though since I'm used to the old ui!

EDIT: I can't seem to get checking for any mage bomb spell to work either, any suggestions? :<

Last edited by tehiche : 08-29-12 at 08:13 AM.

08-29-12, 08:17 AM   #10
Meorawr
A Chromatic Dragonspawn
I'll add back in a UnitExists trigger to the next release (it'll be under Support Triggers). Completely forgot about that, sorry.

The end result would be you'd have the buff/debuff aura, and a UnitExists support trigger to make sure that you have a target before allowing it to show. It's a bit of an extra hoop to jump through, but it's the cleanest solution.

Mage bomb as a buff/debuff aura, or as a cooldown aura? I'm investigating the latter.

08-29-12, 08:35 AM   #11
tehiche
A Defias Bandit
Much love, as long as it's in there I'll be happy

I was fiddling a bit with trying to get the addon to show an aura if my target did not have living bomb, frost bomb or nether vortex on, so I could freely swap between them and wouldn't need to disable auras on a per fight basis.

It's a minor quality of life thing, I just prefer to use power auras instead of timer addons. That, and it's pretty nice when tabbing around to see which of the mobs with the same name just lost his bomb!

08-29-12, 08:45 AM   #12
Meorawr
A Chromatic Dragonspawn
Bombs as UnitAura triggers work fine, it's just the UI kind of sucks in explaining how the matches work.

In short, you'll need two matches. Matches are basically combined as Or (|) checks, so we're looking for Frost Bomb or Living Bomb or Nether Tempest. I've rolled up the two bombs into a single match, and the second one covers Nether Tempest.

In 4.x the way you'd do this is by using / delimiters between the effect names, which don't work now (for various reasons). The advantage to using this is you can configure each match independently, so you could set it up so that it matches YOUR Living Bomb or ANYONE'S Nether Tempest - if you're weird like that

I'll add tooltips and help text to that part of the UI soon.

08-29-12, 10:00 AM   #13
davesignal
A Kobold Labourer
I can't seem to get Power Auras to track when any of my Holy Words come off cooldown. Not even Chastise when I'm not in any Chakra state. What do?

09-01-12, 01:24 PM   #14
tehiche
A Defias Bandit
Originally Posted by Meorawr View Post
Bombs as UnitAura triggers work fine, it's just the UI kind of sucks in explaining how the matches work.

In short, you'll need two matches. Matches are basically combined as Or (|) checks, so we're looking for Frost Bomb or Living Bomb or Nether Tempest. I've rolled up the two bombs into a single match, and the second one covers Nether Tempest.

In 4.x the way you'd do this is by using / delimiters between the effect names, which don't work now (for various reasons). The advantage to using this is you can configure each match independently, so you could set it up so that it matches YOUR Living Bomb or ANYONE'S Nether Tempest - if you're weird like that

I'll add tooltips and help text to that part of the UI soon.
I thought I tried it but I forgot several things! Sorry for being a dumb :<

Also I speak for me and my guild when I say your work is appreciated, I hope the whining doesn't put you off!

08-29-12, 08:47 AM   #15
Stabilo
An Aku'mai Servant
Originally Posted by tehiche View Post
Much love, as long as it's in there I'll be happy

I was fiddling a bit with trying to get the addon to show an aura if my target did not have living bomb, frost bomb or nether vortex on, so I could freely swap between them and wouldn't need to disable auras on a per fight basis.

It's a minor quality of life thing, I just prefer to use power auras instead of timer addons. That, and it's pretty nice when tabbing around to see which of the mobs with the same name just lost his bomb!
When you're putting up matches for an aura, in the dialog where you type in the buff/debuff name, there's a match list on the left side. Add a couple new matches for each debuff you want for the aura.

I use this to show either Revealing Strike (Combat) or Rupture (Assassination) on my target, to only have to work with 1 aura if I change specs etc.

08-29-12, 08:54 AM   #16
Meorawr
A Chromatic Dragonspawn
If anyone runs into issues with spell cooldown triggers not working for spells that replace other spells (Mage bombs in particular), uncheck the 'Known' checkbox. Seems to be an API bug with that option, in that it'll never say the spell has been learned.

08-29-12, 04:15 PM   #17
Dalmasca1
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Working on this now, Blizzard's API is being weird though. UnitPower doesn't return fractional results for Burning Embers, it's always 0, 1, 2 or 3. Need to see how they're doing it...

Edit: Figured it out. It's absolutely horrible - they added a third argument (a boolean) to UnitPower/UnitPowerMax for returning the ACTUAL number of embers, ranging from 0 to 30. Without it, it just gives 0 to 3.
Ya, it's not pretty. So in RC2, I see that the browser now accepts decimal inputs for absolute values, but it still won't detect the fractional ember value from the API.

I'm basically just looking to make a text that will update with the numerical printout of of how many embers I currently have, out to the tenths digit. Maybe there's a better way for me to do this? Maybe I should write that as a stand-alone addon...

08-29-12, 04:21 PM   #18
Meorawr
A Chromatic Dragonspawn
Ya, it's not pretty. So in RC2, I see that the browser now accepts decimal inputs for absolute values, but it still won't detect the fractional ember value from the API.
Oh you just wanted the fractional value? I edited it so that it checks from 0-40, where 10/20/30/40 are whole embers.

Edit: I'm going to bed, so if I said I'd do something tonight then I kinda lied. Oh well!

Last edited by Meorawr : 08-29-12 at 04:24 PM.

08-29-12, 04:40 PM   #19
galvin
A Frostmaul Preserver
Ok looks like using cross aura parent displays can cause some serious issues. Hopefully this will be possible cause it does make things easier for me if I can do this. When I do this the aura become unclickable on the screen when the editor is opened. You did warn earlier that using a display in another aura was buggy, but it was working fine for a while. But when I went past a certain amount of auras I guess it started to bug out.

08-29-12, 05:12 PM   #20
Dalmasca1
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Oh you just wanted the fractional value? I edited it so that it checks from 0-40, where 10/20/30/40 are whole embers.

Edit: I'm going to bed, so if I said I'd do something tonight then I kinda lied. Oh well!
Ya, that change sounds like it'll work. Is there any way for the text to update with the ember count or do I need to make one for each ember, 0-40?

Also, you are AWESOME! Thanks for all the work you've been pumping out lately!

WoWInterface » Site Forums » Archived Beta Forums » MoP Beta archived threads » Power Auras Classic 5.0