Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
12-16-13, 06:22 PM   #6
Tegerian
A Defias Bandit

Cool

To be quite honest, I do not see any reason for Scott to apologize to anyone for his decision. His emails were not invitations to donate to extremist groups, so if you do not want to donate then do not donate, that is as much of a reaction as is necessary. There is no valid reason for someone to attack a person simply because of their suggesting a potential candidate for charitable donations. This is especially true when the person in question has provided you with an invaluable tool, free of charge for years, while patiently responding to an assortment of criticism and requests relating to his product.

Additionally, the attitude of the WOW Interface Staff in their announcement of the NUI forums closing was akin to the mentality of indulgent parents who hold dogs and other victims of their spoiled children’s torment responsible for eventually biting them. To make it perfectly clear, there is no societal or business rule that demands a person stand-by calmly, smiling like an idiot while people hurl abuse at them. Actions have consequences, and while the internet might provide you the anonymity to behave like a giant tool if you choose, it does not render you immune to all of the consequences.

Therefore, we should be talking about the behavior of the self-entitled cretins who feel it is acceptable to treat Scott as if he were an indentured servant that exists only for the furtherance of their enjoyment, instead of treating Scott like a pariah for simply standing up for himself.

As initially stated, I fail to see what Scott has to apologize for, and I would suggest that WOW Interface and the rest of the critics take a white-hot fireplace poker and shove their request for an apology up the furthest reaches of their lower orifices.

Steve

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » nUI, MozzFullWorldMap and PartySpotter » General » nUI: Community Chat » @ Cairren, WoWI and the nUI community...