04-16-06, 07:52 PM   #1
malkier22
A Murloc Raider
What am I missing...

Its been rough so far... 6hrs trying every different possible way to interpret the installation instructions.

prior to attempting to install this, I had every update from MS installed.

- I then installed Microsoft .NET Framework Version 2.0 Redistributable Package (x86).
- Since i was not planning to use the editor for nothing more than xml I was not worried about Microsoft .NET Framework Version 1.1 Redistributable Package.
- I downloaded and unpackaged http://www.blizzard.com/support/wow/?id=aww01671p, which to my knowledge was the interface kit.
- copied the FramXML folder from "Blizzard Interface Data" to my existing "Interface" folder
- verified that regedit was pointing to the right directory
- then installed WoW_UI_Designer_v1.0.200.4f.msi
- I opened it up and have gotten nothing but "Inherited Frame... x ... not found" errors and no ToolBox
- went into Tools/Options/General and unchecked both verifies and verified directories were correct.
- shutdown and restarted the computer... still still still get the same errors with "Inherited Frame ... X... not found" and no toolbox.
- when i try to complete the tutorial, when i go to select the default skin, i get the following error "Unhandled exception has occured in your application.....Inherited frame GameFontNormal not found"

can someone PLEASE point me in the right direction.
04-17-06, 04:33 AM   #2
Nulkris
A Cobalt Mageweaver

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Sorry, I guess I should make it clearer, but you need to install 1.0.300.2 (http://wowuides.wowinterface.com/nb/...v1.0.300.2.msi) in order to get it to run properly against the 1.10 client. You can install it alongside 1.0.200.4f (into a different directory), or uninstall 200.4f first, then install 300.2. Make sure you delete dockstate.xml file before running 300.2 for the first time if you install into the same directory. I really need to update the install file on this site but I wont until the options dialog is working properly and that is out of my control atm.
04-17-06, 11:17 AM   #3
malkier22
A Murloc Raider
Thank you!!!

installed from the link you gave me and it worked PERFECTLY!!! now my question is WHY OH WHY does the download link on this website send you to the v1.0.200.4f??????

Last edited by malkier22 : 04-17-06 at 03:36 PM.
04-17-06, 06:29 PM   #4
Nulkris
A Cobalt Mageweaver

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
I updated the main site with 1.0.300.3 hopefully that will help those who follow.

WoWInterface » Developer Discussions » General Authoring Discussion » What am I missing...