10-01-10, 12:11 PM   #1
drakeh
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
circle action bars (please help)

Well. Can anyone recommend me action bars or something else which could be turned into circle (bar not button). I have been using Macarron but it got outdated. I want my action bar to be made of 3 circles.

10-01-10, 12:15 PM   #2
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
Does it still work though? Just because it is marked as "Out of Date" doesn't necessarily mean that it will not work if you check "Load out of date addons".

I do see this fan update, though, to fix a certain bug/quirk - not sure if it effects you: http://www.wowinterface.com/download...lacement..html

You can also see that Maul has been updating it for Cataclysm: http://www.wowinterface.com/download...clysmBeta.html
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

10-01-10, 12:18 PM   #3
drakeh
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
No

No. It doesnt load it at all. Btw I play WoTLK not cataclysm

10-01-10, 12:28 PM   #4
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
Yes, Cata hasn't been released yet. But I was showing that the addon hasn't been abandoned.

Just because I'm not psychic and want to be certain, have you checked the "Load out of date addons" box? And what do you mean by "it doesn't load it at all"? Do you get any errors? (make sure that errors aren't being hidden in Interface Options) What happens when you type /macarroon?

I am asking these things because I know that Maul is still active with Macaroon and that there haven't been any (recent, that I can see, at least) reports that it is broken.
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

10-01-10, 12:31 PM   #5
drakeh
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Yeah, I checked everything. It says something about it being out of date when I start playing and all bars are totally messed. So is there any addons which I could make circle.

10-01-10, 12:54 PM   #6
Maul
Ion Engines, Engage!

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
I have not seen anything about reports about Macaroon just not out-right working on the live servers. Perhaps describe your problem in more detail in the comments section of Macaroon on this website.

However, this is my mage UI in Cata beta using Macaroon -

So I can assure you that Macaroon with circular bars will continue at the very least when WoW 4.0 goes live. WoW 4.0.1 (what is on the PTR, not the beta) may go live this Tuesday or on a Tuesday soon after that as a prelude to the Cataclysm Expansion launch. So you will need to update to the Cataclysm version of Macaroon then anyhow.

Again, you can post on the comments section of Macaroon about your issue in more details if you wish.

Twitter: @IonMaul | Windows Live: [email protected] | Google Talk: [email protected]

Last edited by Maul : 10-01-10 at 12:59 PM.

10-01-10, 07:39 PM   #7
Xubera
A Cobalt Mageweaver

i downloaded Macaroon last night actually, and the circle bars worked for me... i made em a circle by accident :x but i got it back to normal.

(just saying that it still works on live for me as well, and i downloaded for the first time yesterday of WowInterface)

▲ ▲ WoWInterface wont let me triforce >.>

10-02-10, 02:07 AM   #8
voodoodad
Large, Friendly Letters!

Maul has always been good about keeping Macaroon updated (when it needs an update, that is).

Other than that, Lunarsphere does spherical actionbars as well as any addon I've seen.

~ no need to make the message completely obnoxious - Cairenn

10-02-10, 02:56 AM   #9
drakeh
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Well. I tryed to download it again. It worked. But it got really bugged. Can anyone help me fix 2 probelms :
1.I made my macaroon look like this after I log in again it looks like I want for it to look how it should be when I log in

And
2. When I teleport/portal myself somewhere it locks my buttons. I cant click on them. It look like they never existed. When I relogin It goes back normal

Last edited by drakeh : 10-02-10 at 02:58 AM.

10-02-10, 03:59 AM   #10
voodoodad
Large, Friendly Letters!

Please don't take offense to this if it's not the case, but you're not playing on a private server, are you?

10-02-10, 04:30 AM   #11
drakeh
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Well yeah. But I have friend who plays not on private server and have same problems

10-02-10, 04:49 AM   #12
Led ++
A Frostmaul Preserver

Probably because not every addon works on private servers as they are mostly outdated then live servers.

Don't expect support if you're playing on private servers.

If you're friend has the same problem, he's probably doing something wrong. I doubt it's the addon.

10-02-10, 05:03 AM   #13
voodoodad
Large, Friendly Letters!

Originally Posted by drakeh View Post
Well yeah. But I have friend who plays not on private server and have same problems
Ok, you can go elsewhere for advice then. You won't find any help on WoWI or any otherlegitimate WoW site for that matter.

We 'uns don't take kindly to yer type 'round here.

10-02-10, 06:35 AM   #14
Marthisdil
An Onyxian Warder
Originally Posted by drakeh View Post
And I have "a friend" who is Bill Gates.

Private Server = cya later - you won't find help here.

Marth

10-02-10, 08:49 AM   #15
Nobgul
A Molten Giant

Been seeing a increasing number of questions from people playnig on "Funny Servers"

10-02-10, 11:52 AM   #16
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
Yes, this is probably the cause of your problems.

Discussion of Private Servers, in any manner other than theoretical, is completely against our rules. We are an Official Fan Site. We follow Blizzard's rules, on top of our own rules.

Threads requesting assistance with Private Servers get locked. Repeated postings get you banned.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Help/Support » circle action bars (please help)