02-21-08, 11:37 AM   #1
notadamnthng
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
RE-carbonite 1.5 update database?

how do you update the quest log in carbonite1.5 i keep getting message saying that the quest isnt in the quest database
i love the program and it seems the be one of those MUST have addons But
how do you get the quest data base to update ???????

Last edited by notadamnthng : 02-21-08 at 11:38 AM. Reason: spelling correction

02-21-08, 11:55 AM   #2
mozulo
Premium Member

Premium Member
AddOn Compiler - Click to view compilations
I think 1.5 is for paying customers only carbonite quest is the free version.

02-21-08, 01:01 PM   #3
Petrah
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
If you are using Carbonite 1.5, you need to go to the site where you got your subscription and post on the forums there (Im almost posative 1.5 questions will not be answered on this site).

If you are using Carbonite Quest, you can post your questions here.

02-21-08, 01:02 PM   #4
notadamnthng
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
re-reply

the question was how do i update the quest database NOT i repeat NOT
weather you think 1.5 is a paid version and that there is a free version !!
i really wish people that read these things would actually give you the answers and help that is needed rather than some of the OFF the wall coments that only make them look like IDIOTS and that they cant seem to understand a simple Question when they read it

02-21-08, 01:08 PM   #5
Slakah
A Molten Giant

Originally Posted by notadamnthng View Post
the question was how do i update the quest database NOT i repeat NOT
weather you think 1.5 is a paid version and that there is a free version !!
i really wish people that read these things would actually give you the answers and help that is needed rather than some of the OFF the wall coments that only make them look like IDIOTS and that they cant seem to understand a simple Question when they read it
Pay the subscription? or carry on venting. If you want a free mod with full functionality instead of the carbonite trial version I would suggest tour guide or quest helper.

02-21-08, 01:09 PM   #6
Petrah
A Pyroguard Emberseer

What is being said, in a kind manner, is that you will not get help for 1.5 on this site. You need to go to the site where you purchased it.

02-21-08, 01:14 PM   #7
notadamnthng
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
reply to salina

why wouldnt i get help for carbonite when this web site offers the free version of carbonite and many other people that use this site also use carbonite free or otherwise both the free version and the 1.5 version have the same issue as far as needing the quest data base updated i came here thinking that there were more intelagent people here that i could get some Good advise from rather than a bunch of guff about Not getting any help ????
after all isnt that what forums are for ??? for people to post and possibly get some good advice or the answerr to there questions ??????

Last edited by notadamnthng : 02-21-08 at 01:16 PM. Reason: spelling

02-21-08, 01:19 PM   #8
Petrah
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Originally Posted by notadamnthng View Post
why wouldnt i get help for carbonite when this web site offers the free version of carbonite and many other people that use this site also use carbonite free or otherwise both the free version and the 1.5 version have the same issue as far as needing the quest data base updated i came here thinking that there were more intelagent people here that i could get some Good adise from rather than a bunch of guff about Not getting any help ????
after all isnt that what forums are for ??? for people to post and possibly get some good advice or the answerr to there questions ??????
If you are using the free version, then post in the correct place on this forum.

As stated, if you're using 1.5 then post on the proper web site and not here.

Last edited by Petrah : 02-21-08 at 01:22 PM.

02-21-08, 01:29 PM   #9
notadamnthng
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
re salina

I SAY AGAIN
the free version AND the 1.5 version {BOTH VERSIONS} have the same issue
regarding the {quest database} needing to be updated i got the free version from this website and later got the 1.5 version i say again Both versions have the same issue and Both versions offer the same Quest data base and they both need to have this issue resolved
i am sure that the people that downloaded the free version would love to know how to resolve the issue at hand those that got the program from this web site
why be so negative about weather or not getting help on this website ???? why not be positive and give a guy an answer to the problem rather than antagonise and inflame the issue ????? why not be helpfull i rememmber a saying ( if you cant give the answer dont answer at all or you will make yourself look foolish ).

02-21-08, 01:41 PM   #10
Petrah
A Pyroguard Emberseer

I do not know the answer to your question. I have no way of knowing if the free version has the fix and the paid for version does not, or vise versa. The only way to know is to go right to the home site and ask. Common sense dictates that paying clients of theirs will more than likely get help on the main site before the non paid for version users get help here.

If you don't wish to go right to the developers site, then there is nothing more anyone can do for you.

02-21-08, 01:56 PM   #11
Beladona
A Molten Giant

Keep it clean guys. I believe the answer was that you should post in the comments on the actual downloads page, as most likely the author will be looking there for any issues.

http://www.wowinterface.com/download....html#comments

Whether or not you paid for the addon is not at question here. What is at question is whether or not you will get a more effective and meaningful answer, as well as possibly a fix, by posting in the comments of the actual addon. This site is in no way affiliated with the paid Carbonite addon, and we do not send people there for support. As far as we are concerned it is a completeyl separate addon that happens to be by the same author with similar features.

If you need help regarding teh addon on this site, direct them to the author of the addon, probably best located in the comments of his download page. If it is regarding an addon not on this website, direct those questions at the author at the location where said addon is actually being hosted.

Thank you.

02-21-08, 01:58 PM   #12
Cairenn
Credendo Vides

Premium Member
WoWInterface Admin
Alright guys, that's enough. Everyone step back from their keyboards for a couple minutes, take a deep breath and calm down.

Name calling isn't permitted on this site. Flaming isn't permitted on this site. Play nice.

notadamnthng, your best bet will be this post, as you have done, but also a PM to the author of Carbonite pointing him to the thread in case he missed it.
FaceBook Profile, Page, Group
Avatar Image by RaffaeleMarinetti

02-21-08, 02:05 PM   #13
notadamnthng
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Fyi

Originally Posted by Silenia View Post
I do not know the answer to your question. I have no way of knowing if the free version has the fix and the paid for version does not, or vise versa. The only way to know is to go right to the home site and ask. Common sense dictates that paying clients of theirs will more than likely get help on the main site before the non paid for version users get help here.

If you don't wish to go right to the developers site, then there is nothing more anyone can do for you.
FYI i have gone to the home page for the program and have posted there as well as on this web site and the reasoning for posting on this web site was to
1/ get it out there that there is a need to fix a problem
2/ there are a lot of computer people out there that play with these programs to IDONT KNOW LET ME GUESS to make them better even though that it isnt there personal program
3/ developers read these forums aswell ?? maybe
4/ and most of all to get an answer to a problem i have come across

02-21-08, 02:08 PM   #14
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
Whoa, there. Reign it in, notadamnthng. These people are trying to help you, and in return you yell at them and insult them? Patience and politeness go a long way on internet forums - especially when you're asking for help.

Perhaps the addon author will see your question here. But the links that the above people gave are valid points. If you use the free version, then you can post on the download page. If you use the for-pay version, the best place to ask is their official forums.

What part of the database needs updated? Is it for the new quests for 2.4? In that case, you may just need to be patient. If they overlooked some quests, then that would probably be considered a bug.

It doesn't matter that both the free and for-pay versions have the same issue. Don't be snippy at people trying to help.

edit: took too long to post while I was getting my lunch and Bela and Cairenn beat me.
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

Last edited by Seerah : 02-21-08 at 02:12 PM.

02-21-08, 02:15 PM   #15
notadamnthng
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Appology

i apologize if it seemed i was yelling i wasnt well maybe a little when i wasnt getting answers only sarcasem and being told i wouldnt get help here for that i do appologise but the original question still is that the free version and the 1.5 version have this issue i got the free version from this web site so there go my reasoning for posting here i later got the 1.5 version and still had the same issue so i posted on there web site as well there are alot of computer literate people that read these and maybe they can come up with an answer for me as well as those that have the free version obtained from this web site
yes i got sarcastic and i am sorry but i was getting sarcasim from the other people mainly the one as for the one indavidual that replyed that they thought that the 1.5 version was a paid for version and there was a free version i am truly sorry for my coment to you

02-21-08, 02:29 PM   #16
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
You didn't get any sarcasm in any of those posts. I just don't think mozulo finished typing what he was thinking. I believe what he was trying to say was what others told you - that you will receive support for the pay version on their site. You could have been a little clearer with your original post, perhaps... Or at least not lost your head when people weren't understanding what you were asking.

Apology accepted, but do not let it happen again.
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

02-21-08, 02:32 PM   #17
carboniteaddon
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Sorry, but we spend most of our support time reading and replying to the forums on our website and our email.

Any quests you find problems with should be posted on our carboniteaddon forums.

02-21-08, 02:38 PM   #18
notadamnthng
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Originally Posted by Seerah View Post
You didn't get any sarcasm in any of those posts. I just don't think mozulo finished typing what he was thinking. I believe what he was trying to say was what others told you - that you will receive support for the pay version on their site. You could have been a little clearer with your original post, perhaps... Or at least not lost your head when people weren't understanding what you were asking.

Apology accepted, but do not let it happen again.
i guess you and i have differant oppinions on what is sarcasim and what isnt could be be couse of our age differance?? but what i was reading from her was sarcasim mabe becouse i am almost 50 and she is probably in her late teens early 20,s ??? i dont know but in my view it was sarcasim

Last edited by notadamnthng : 02-21-08 at 02:41 PM. Reason: needed to clarify

02-21-08, 02:49 PM   #19
Taffu
A Flamescale Wyrmkin
Age is irrelevant. Carboniteaddon responded with the appropriate course of action you should take, notadamnthing. There's nothing more to gain from this post concerning the question.

Keep in mind, that Carbonite Quest is a fairly new AddOn, and a lot of people are still very unfamiliar with the finer points, especially when it comes to troubleshooting. When targeting a troubleshooting situation with any AddOn, the best place to do it is (a) the authors Portal if it exists and (b) the actual AddOns Comment Page and/or Official Release Post. Hope the info helps in the future.

02-21-08, 03:22 PM   #20
notadamnthng
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Originally Posted by Beladona View Post
Keep it clean guys. I believe the answer was that you should post in the comments on the actual downloads page, as most likely the author will be looking there for any issues.

http://www.wowinterface.com/download....html#comments

Whether or not you paid for the addon is not at question here. What is at question is whether or not you will get a more effective and meaningful answer, as well as possibly a fix, by posting in the comments of the actual addon. This site is in no way affiliated with the paid Carbonite addon, and we do not send people there for support. As far as we are concerned it is a completeyl separate addon that happens to be by the same author with similar features.

If you need help regarding teh addon on this site, direct them to the author of the addon, probably best located in the comments of his download page. If it is regarding an addon not on this website, direct those questions at the author at the location where said addon is actually being hosted.

Thank you.
this was helpful thank you i went there and added my post

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Help/Support » RE-carbonite 1.5 update database?