04-17-09, 05:31 AM   #1
robthedude
Don't Panic

DrDamage Replacement

DrDamage be broken, and no longer supported, TheoryCraft is long dead (as far as I know)
My Priest needs it!
Anyone know of a replacement or a 'just working' version of either of those?

04-18-09, 08:54 PM   #2
Petrah
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
I miss DrDamage

Originally Posted by Gagorian View Post
Greetings DrDamage users.

Unfortunately the person(s) who wanted to help develop the project has apparently stopped working on it. It didn't really go as I had planned and I would've hoped someone would have taken over with the patience to see it through. But it's undeniable that this is a very high maintenance project.

As I've quit the game such a long time ago I really can't work on the project as I've lost track of all the changes. So unless someone very talented is willing to take over I'm not sure there's a future for the project. I don't have the patience or the time to teach someone from scratch of all the inner workings of the addon.

Best regards,
Gagorian
Quoted from here.

/begs for someone to take over this addon.
04-18-09, 10:51 PM   #3
seebs
Premium Member
Premium Member
Don't know of one. If I didn't have to work a day job, I might try to take one over, but as is, it ain't happenin'.

04-19-09, 05:13 AM   #4
Aezay
A Theradrim Guardian

I actually started to write something like this, but from the ground. As you can imagine, an addon like this is pretty huge, and would take quite a while to make into something useful, and then keeping it up to date afterwards also takes some dedication. The core part, the one that scans gear, talents, glyphs etc is not too bad writing, but keeping class modules updates is.

Seems like another one also started to write a replacement from the ground up.
http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/th...74109276&sid=1
04-19-09, 11:37 AM   #5
xtoq
An Aku'mai Servant

Please please..../begs too.
04-20-09, 03:05 PM   #6
Spectro
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

Originally Posted by Aezay View Post
I actually started to write something like this, but from the ground. As you can imagine, an addon like this is pretty huge, and would take quite a while to make into something useful, and then keeping it up to date afterwards also takes some dedication. The core part, the one that scans gear, talents, glyphs etc is not too bad writing, but keeping class modules updates is.

Seems like another one also started to write a replacement from the ground up.
http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/th...74109276&sid=1
Nice find. I guess we have to put MrDamage on our wishlists.
04-20-09, 08:21 PM   #7
Aezay
A Theradrim Guardian

Here is what I've made so far, do not download this thinking it will replace DrDamage, because it will not do that (yet), far from. The only spells added so far are some shaman spells, because I play one, all other class modules are empty tables.
But if you're a coder or have any interest in filling out the class modules, take a look at it. Look at the shaman module to see how things are supposed to look like.

TheoryCraft09.04.21.zip

P.S.: If you're reading Seerah, I know the it needs a new name, and if I ever release it for good, I will change it
04-20-09, 08:36 PM   #8
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
I know.
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

04-21-09, 12:04 AM   #9
Bwldrd1
A Murloc Raider
It's been a long time since I had DrDamage but this may / may not accomplish what you are wanting.

http://www.wowinterface.com/download...uttonText.html
04-21-09, 07:01 PM   #10
Flartz
A Defias Bandit
I'd like to help with a replacement for Dr. Damage as well.

One thought I had for a very lightweight version of this would be to track the last 5 or 10 casts for a certain spell and average them (ignoring crits). The average could then be reset upon new rank being learned, or through a menu or something.

That obviously would not work for the very hardcore min/maxers out there, but since there is always a touch of randomization to the actual amount of dmg or healing, it would be good enough for approximation.

Obviously, there's lots of overhead for casting all your spells a few times to get a good basis for the stats...

If anyone'd like my help on their Dr. Damage clone, please e-mail me at [email protected]

Thanks,
-Flartz

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Search/Requests » DrDamage Replacement