01-23-08, 07:25 PM   #61
tecu
An Aku'mai Servant
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
I still have the problem (with both styles). I was poking around and I noticed that the content of the addon info tab is wrapped in a table, where the other tabs (which work, by the way) are not.
Code:
	<div class="infosection">
	<!-- fileinfo -->
	<table cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" border="0" width="100%"><tr><td>

(tab content goes here)

</td></tr></table>
	<!-- /fileinfo -->
	</div>
Just as a guess, I removed the table from a local copy of an addon page, and things seemed to work, but I'll be honest and say that the last time I looked at HTML was like six years ago, so I'm more than a little rusty with it; I may be way off.
01-23-08, 07:34 PM   #62
Dolby
PPAP

WoWInterface Admin
Ughh forgot to take that out after my testing. Removed the table. Hows it work for you now?
01-23-08, 07:39 PM   #63
Hoern
Not THAT kind of Orc

Originally Posted by Dolby View Post
Ughh forgot to take that out after my testing. Removed the table. Hows it work for you now?
Almost perfect. Only slightly off-set look is the 1 pixel space if the left-most tab is active. I'd assume it's wanted for the right...

http://skitch.com/jluster/fg4c/loadi...ces-prospector

Another completely unrelated thing: http://skitch.com/jluster/fg4p/wowin...e-hoern-s-cove

colors in light mode don't look so readable for the feed box.
01-23-08, 07:48 PM   #64
Dolby
PPAP

WoWInterface Admin
Originally Posted by Hoern View Post
Almost perfect. Only slightly off-set look is the 1 pixel space if the left-most tab is active. I'd assume it's wanted for the right...

http://skitch.com/jluster/fg4c/loadi...ces-prospector
Thats the way its designed. Basically the idea is those are book ends. I'm guessing you dont like that look?

Originally Posted by Hoern View Post
Another completely unrelated thing: http://skitch.com/jluster/fg4p/wowin...e-hoern-s-cove

colors in light mode don't look so readable for the feed box.
Fixed
01-23-08, 07:53 PM   #65
Hoern
Not THAT kind of Orc

Thats the way its designed. Basically the idea is those are book ends. I'm guessing you dont like that look?
I wasn't sure if it was intended. I am completely and utterly brain-mashed from six months of designing those "web 2.0" apps, pastels and rounded corners and gradients and serif/sans-serif mixing, and big fonts at #444, that my opinion really doesn't count until I had my detox
01-23-08, 08:23 PM   #66
Ahm
A Fallenroot Satyr

Just watching your convo here.. the screenshot that was submitted lacks the 1 pixel boundary on the bottom of the tabs.. so it does look like a goof there. But maybe the image is just low res? I'd submit a screenshot but I'm busy.. I can do it later if you need one.
01-23-08, 08:54 PM   #67
Guillotine
A Cobalt Mageweaver

Under the different tops (e.g. Top Downloads) on the front page, it used to show the number of times downloaded and under Top Ratings it showed the ratings. Any chance that could make a comeback?
01-23-08, 08:57 PM   #68
tecu
An Aku'mai Servant
Looks fine here.
01-24-08, 03:19 PM   #69
Itanius
Wrath of Evil

Premium Member
The "Updated Favorites" text on the Community Page is yellow, which is a problem if you're using the Light Theme.
01-25-08, 03:05 AM   #70
Graloth
Premium Member

Thumbs up

I only managed to find two things, not the biggest things, just something i noticed
  • Many links (when a favorite has been updated or premium members names for example) are hard to read on the link version since they are bright yellow/orange
  • Under Site Options > Preferences, you get a 404 page not found (although you can access it by going Site Options > Addon Options and find it on that page)
  • The "Headers" of each box on light version is a very dark grey-ish color, would look alot better with the brown color most other box "headers" use.
Also got a few suggestions:
  • When you're an author you got a link called "Your Addons", but going to your own portal is kinda irritating, either i have to go to one of my addons or under community, maybe add a link called Your Portal or something next to Your Addons?
  • If you are an author, is it possible to set "Your Addons" or your portal (if you have one) as the Default Home Page? would be kinda nice for some i think (although i preferr using community)
-----------------------------

Other than that i can only say top notch design, i really like it although im usually using dark layouts i really enjoy your light version of it, nice job i should hire those gnomes to make me a design :P

Last edited by Graloth : 01-25-08 at 03:13 AM. Reason: Found something else :P
01-25-08, 10:09 AM   #71
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
I see two links on the Community tab. One is My Portal, and right below it is My Addons. Do you not have both links? Or do you mean something else?
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

01-25-08, 01:59 PM   #72
Kallieen
Lady of Shadows

*suggestion*

If you're browsing to the site on a public computer, you get defaulted to the 'Find' tab - it'd be nice if there was a login option on that page instead of needing to click the 'Community' tab to be able to login to the site.

Other than that, I love the new layout. Excellent job!
01-26-08, 06:26 PM   #73
Shadowed
Premium Member
Featured
For when noscript is used on a file page and it just shows the change log, archives and such at once it'd be nice if the archive page was scrolled. Kind of big if you have 20-30 logs from SVN stuck in the changelog.
01-26-08, 06:37 PM   #74
Dridzt
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Originally Posted by Shadowd View Post
For when noscript is used on a file page and it just shows the change log, archives and such at once it'd be nice if the archive page was scrolled. Kind of big if you have 20-30 logs from SVN stuck in the changelog.
It would probably be better if you don't block all scripting indiscriminantly.
I'm not sure it's ok to get into details on this as the site must make some revenue,
but there's scripts from wowinterface, zam, google-analytics and quantserver.com

You can retain the main site functionality... if you choose.
01-26-08, 06:56 PM   #75
Shadowed
Premium Member
Featured
Originally Posted by Dridzt View Post
It would probably be better if you don't block all scripting indiscriminantly.
I'm not sure it's ok to get into details on this as the site must make some revenue,
but there's scripts from wowinterface, zam, google-analytics and quantserver.com

You can retain the main site functionality... if you choose.
*rolleyes*

I didn't ask you what you think of noscripting, and you're completely missing the actual point.
01-26-08, 08:28 PM   #76
Dridzt
A Pyroguard Emberseer

I didn't reply what I think of noscripting (that was an aside) I replied to your issue with the site layout when using noscript in the manner you appear to be using it,
and suggested that you use it (noscript) in a different way.

/shrug

Last edited by Dridzt : 01-26-08 at 08:32 PM.
01-27-08, 01:56 PM   #77
Mazzlefizz
A Pyroguard Emberseer

I don't know if you recall, Dolby, but you once added something I suggested on the old site. It was the little little footer at the bottom of the page that contained the forum path you were on, for example, "WoWInterface > Site Forums > Site help, bugs, suggestions/questions > New Site Layout feedback". It was a real time saver, since users are typically at the bottom of the page when they're done reading a thread and often want to go back a level or two. It's an especially big time saver for those who display the maximum threads per page; scrolling all the way to the top can be a pain for those folks. That footer didn't seem to translate over to the new layout, so I'm suggesting it again.

Overall, though, I really like the look. It does feels cleaner. I do agree that it's a tad bit dark and gloomy, though I'm not sure what exactly could be added to improve that. Perhaps have the section headers use a light background and dark or colored text? Dunno, just an idea.

And I also like the tabbed folder paradigm now being used. I've always found that more intuitive than a bunch of navigation buttons.
01-27-08, 02:02 PM   #78
Mazzlefizz
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Originally Posted by Cairenn View Post
Check out the "light" version. Scroll to the bottom of the page, you'll see a dropdown box on the left side of the screen. You can choose WoWI Dark or WoWI Light. You might like Light.
Hmm...that is indeed a bit cheerier, but a lot of posts that use color become completely unreadable, namely all of my own. For example, switch to the light color scheme and look at this post. I certainly don't think you should change things to cater to my color choices, but I think, in general, any posts that used color before for clarity will now have the exact opposite effect. Even the various name colorings for add-on authors, feature artists, etc. become very hard to read. Some minor changes to the color scheme so that the text background is a bit darker might help a bit.

Last edited by Mazzlefizz : 01-27-08 at 02:08 PM.
01-28-08, 06:06 PM   #79
KillerDreaming
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

I like the new layout as a whole, but my only "dislike" would be the new "addons" page, I liked the way you had addon page setup before, I don't like the long continuing list that just goes down, I liked it having two sides, but I guess it could just take some getting used to, just seemed a bit more "cozy" to me, but still, VERY many kudos to Dolby, you did a great job definitely.
01-29-08, 09:36 AM   #80
Graloth
Premium Member

Originally Posted by Seerah View Post
I see two links on the Community tab. One is My Portal, and right below it is My Addons. Do you not have both links? Or do you mean something else?
No, i mean the bar where the searchfield also is, only place i can access My Portal is under Community, would like to have fast access to it, even if im browsering forum, other addons etc.

WoWInterface » Site Forums » Site help, bugs, suggestions/questions » New Site Layout feedback