10-06-05, 06:11 AM   #1
Kaelten
Jack's raging bile duct

Featured
Color coding of wow's built in functions et al

it would be good if we could get color coding in the script window of all the wow API funcitons.

Also being able to open windows in the renderer from the project managment screen.

I was also wondering why there was no "New File" option.

Keep up the good work.

Anyone that needs what they want
And doesn't want what they need
I want nothing to do with
10-06-05, 07:04 AM   #2
Beladona
A Molten Giant

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
if you need a list of functions and keywords you could probably download my LUA plugin for Dreamweaver. It has everything up to date through version 1.7.1 (Live Build). Just download the plugin, but open the source folder (instead of installing the plugin) and you should see a few xml files. One of them comtains a list of all the widget/global api functions, as well as native and reserved keywords for the WOW version of LUA.

Maybe that can give you an idea on how I color coded them, and maybe how best to organize each by color set (instead of having to relist all of them yourself, since I already did that part for you). Anything to make development of this program easier
10-06-05, 07:32 AM   #3
Nulkris
A Cobalt Mageweaver

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Thanks, I will have a look at your files. I have a similar list in an xml file, its just embedded in the exe at the moment and contains the base lua stuff only.

I didn't put a new file directly as I assumed you would only want to do it within a project (so that the file list is auto-updated). I will think about it.

Thanks for the suggestions, I am hoping that someone will release a new addon using this program soon. And if it isn't really practical to create an addon with it, what needs to be done next?

WoWInterface » Developer Discussions » General Authoring Discussion » Color coding of wow's built in functions et al