04-04-06, 04:47 PM   #1
ThornyJohn
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Marking a raid member or target

Maybe (hopefully) this mod already exists, but if not, here's what I'm looking for:

You're in a raid and are asked to bow-pull an add to a tank. The tank is one of the 38 or 39 people in one contiguous mass behind you. I know that as a hunter I could /target the tank and cast Hunter's Mark on him, but that is far from optimal for a number of reasons (not the least of which is: what if I'm not playing a hunter?). What I'd like is some kind of mod that lets me type something like /mark raidmembername and that member would be somehow highlighted so I can see him easier.

Any ideas?

As I've mentioned aboved, using Hunter's Mark would be less than ideal, not only for those who are not hunters. but aso because very often I'm told who to pull to after I've already acquired the mob target, so I can't very well /target the friendly tank at that point. (Those of you who run in 40-man raids know what pain I'm referring to.)
04-05-06, 11:20 AM   #2
ThornyJohn
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
No leads or ideas?

Is this one of those things Blizzard doesn't want us to be able to do?

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Search/Requests » Marking a raid member or target