10-28-08, 03:47 PM   #1
Grimsin
A Molten Giant

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Target Cave Load Lag

Okay so i noticed on Mala's version of the mazzle remake there is no load lag on the cave. On the abrax version there is though. What did you two do dif?
10-28-08, 06:29 PM   #2
Grimsin
A Molten Giant

Okay so more on the target cave. Also having issues with the trade/whisper/inspect/follow hotspots appearing on everything... Also noticing frame rate problems once the cave is setup to appear and disappear accordingly. Of course this may also be that the numbers of people playing is growing and that affects the frame rate more then anything....
10-29-08, 04:57 AM   #3
Sarkan-ZdC
A Wyrmkin Dreamwalker
Cave? Like in Alterac starting cave?
10-29-08, 10:13 AM   #4
Grimsin
A Molten Giant

no no the target window. often referred to as the target cave. The graphical piece that pops up around your target... Duf loads and unloads the target unit frames much faster then the call to the target window graphix dos at lest on abrax. mala's dosnt do it. I havnt looked to see how mala did the target window if he used KGpanels and the same call or not. Im guessing Mala's call line is dif.
10-29-08, 02:33 PM   #5
malathar
A Cliff Giant
AddOn Compiler - Click to view compilations
Open up KgPanels config and select the panel for the cave. On the first page there where you put in the size and stuff, scroll to the bottom. There's a box for Parent Frame. Type 'DUF_TargetFrame' without the quotes in that box, hit enter. Now go into the script tabs for that panel and delete any scripts that are in there. ReloadUI and they should pop up at the same time.

For the hotspots, make sure they're strata is set to HIGH and not Background.

And set their Parent Frame to whatever the name of the cave panel is. For instant my target panel is named 'TargetPanel'.
10-29-08, 04:04 PM   #6
Grimsin
A Molten Giant

i was able to get the hotspots working. in two dif ways actually one way involves using kg the other involves macaroon. And yes that's the key to the cave lag right there you have it attached to duf as where abrax's put script calls in kg instead.

ooo the part of the hot spots that isn't working right or at lest not exactly how it worked in mazzle is that the hotspots on the target cave show up no mater what i have targeted even enemy's. in mazzle the hotspots only show up if your targeting something that they can be used on. IE the whisper button only shows up when targeting another player. its hidden when targeting a mob.

Last edited by Grimsin : 10-29-08 at 04:09 PM. Reason: adding to it
10-29-08, 04:21 PM   #7
malathar
A Cliff Giant
ah, I don't know. Not any good with scripting, heh. I'm sure it can be done, you just need to know what to check for.
10-29-08, 10:54 PM   #8
dunzer
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Originally Posted by Grimsin View Post
the hotspots on the target cave show up no mater what i have targeted even enemy's. in mazzle the hotspots only show up if your targeting something that they can be used on. IE the whisper button only shows up when targeting another player. its hidden when targeting a mob.
I have used scripts for each panel to do this

OnLoad:
Code:
self:RegisterEvent("UNIT_TARGET")
OnEvent:
Code:
if UnitIsFriend("player","target") then
self:Show()
else
self:Hide()
end
The OnEvent code checks that the target is friend to the player then shows the panel else hides it.
You can string togther multiple checks by adding "and", in between them, to the if statement such as

Code:
if (UnitIsFriend("player","target") and UnitIsPlayer("target")) then
This will check that the target is friend and target is a player (not a NPC)

another useful check is that you are not targeting urself
Code:
not UnitIsUnit("player","target"))
There is a little lag, in that the cave comes up right away but the buttons appear after.

Now if I could just figure out how to add range checking. If the target is too far away do not display the trade button.
10-30-08, 05:30 AM   #9
LadySilverwolf
Premium Member

Premium Member
Thanks Grimsin, malathar. and dunzer for posting about this. I have found this information VERY useful.

Last edited by LadySilverwolf : 10-30-08 at 05:36 AM. Reason: spelling corrections
10-30-08, 08:41 AM   #10
Grimsin
A Molten Giant

Yea i figured that the buttons were going to lag once the target cave was attached to duf and the buttons were not. Its prolly possible to hook those buttons to duf as well. I was gone most of yesterday so havnt had a chance to play with things yet. About to make the changes to kg to make the cave load without lag. Thanks a lot for that mal. Going to look and see if its not possible to hook the buttons to duf somehow. Thanks dun for your input to. with anyluck we can figure out how to get rid of the button lag to. Then... on to other problems lol. like agro flashing lol.

Gosh i miss the old discord mods.... DAB and DFM would be nice about now.
10-30-08, 11:00 AM   #11
Grimsin
A Molten Giant

Okay so i changed over to having the target frame load with the duf stuff but that created a problem with kg. when i do kg config on the target window now it offsets it for some reason its like duf and kj are both partially controlling the frame now.

just as a side note t hough once i got it resized after making the duf change it stuck just dont hit kg config and unlock the target frame.
10-30-08, 11:44 AM   #12
Viciusan
A Cliff Giant

I use pitbull so i think i can't use DUF_TargetFrame

Any ideas ?
10-30-08, 01:46 PM   #13
malathar
A Cliff Giant
Create this macro, assign it a hotkey, mouse over the pitbull target frame and hit your macro.

/script ChatFrame1:AddMessage(GetMouseFocus():GetName())
/echo GetMouseFocus():GetName()

About the target panel. Make sure you didn't change the Anchor Frame. Leave it to UIParent and the panels location shouldn't change.
10-30-08, 06:03 PM   #14
dunzer
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
kgpanels comes with a built-in function that reports the frames under the mouse, check your keybindings. The only issue I noticed is that the built-in function does not appear or work until after using "/kgpanels config" at least once in the current session. I assume this is by design to keep the overhead of kgpanels to a min.
10-31-08, 09:12 AM   #15
Viciusan
A Cliff Giant

Cheers !

Worked like a charm.
11-02-08, 02:25 AM   #16
Viciusan
A Cliff Giant

Arrow

Any ideas yet on the range check code for the trade button panel ?
11-19-08, 01:24 AM   #17
Grimsin
A Molten Giant

Hmmm could something like this be done for the target icons?

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Help/Support » Target Cave Load Lag