08-22-06, 11:44 PM   #41
mindphyx
A Defias Bandit
Ya, sorry about that. >_<

I originally posted it elsewhere, my post got moved to this thread and I made an idiot of myself. Thanks though.
08-23-06, 12:48 AM   #42
ryusick
A Defias Bandit
Originally Posted by Tabithy
you need to use two \'s

--> soundwave="Interface\\Addons\\Chatsound\\Sounds\\Danger.wav"

lua sees those single slashes and thinks they are something else
i tried that after getting angry it still didn't change, anyone know ? or am i a lost cause -_-
08-23-06, 09:48 AM   #43
sid67
A Cliff Giant
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Feature request

One request for the next SCT...

Allow an option to make the minimum text distance EVEN CLOSER together than in the current settings. I am resource constrained, so I'm in the lowest possible resolution. That means I have to reduce the text size or all I see is SCT when I am in combat (my main is a fury warrior).

With the text size down and the resolution set low, the text messages are still spaced really far away from each other even in the smallest text distance setting.

Also, it would be nice to be able to toggle how far messages travel before fading away. Right now, mine float all the way to (and through) my UI elements in the top and bottom.
08-23-06, 10:29 AM   #44
Grayhoof
A Wyrmkin Dreamwalker
Sid, have you tried lowering your UI scale? SCT has been out for a long time and I've never heard of anyone having the particular problem you are. I'd also suggest you try one of the other 5 animation options.
08-24-06, 12:50 PM   #45
innocentlysassy
A Kobold Labourer
Thorns

Was just curious if I was missing something when it came to Thorns and the new SCT. I'm one of those that don't know how to utilize events, so if it has to do with that, let me know and I'll work on figuring out how to use it. But I LOVE sct outputting which spells and moves my damage is coming from. Thorns used to show up for me (in the previous version), but now I can't even see it's damage scrolling. As a baby druid I only do 12 per tick, but I don't see 12's flying anywhere now. =( What am I missing?
08-24-06, 03:31 PM   #46
Cilraaz
An Aku'mai Servant

Paladin - Seal of Light

I noticed an issue with the Paladin spell Seal of Light (buff giving chance to heal for 'x' amount on a hit) and the relating Judgement of Light (debuff on mob giving chance to heal for 'x' amount on a hit). I notice that SCT doesn't recognize the healing effects of these spells. I see the particle effect around my character showing that it healed me, but I get no SCT pop-up. I also couldn't find an option that might relate to these spells' abilities.

If anyone knows anything about this, please let me know. Thanks!

[Edit: I should note that it did display properly in version 4.131. I am having the issue in version 5.0 with SCTD 2.0.]

Last edited by Cilraaz : 08-24-06 at 03:34 PM.
08-25-06, 05:24 PM   #47
Astrial
A Defias Bandit
Hi Gray, back again.

I recently respecced to Power Infusion as a priest, which has a 3 minute cool down. I was wondering if there was a way to set a timer to pop up into SCT after I'd used it, and when it came back up again.

2 different ways I've thought of (conceptually... as opposed to syntax) would be something like

on combat display 'xxx gains power infusion'
set timer 3 minutes
after timer elapsed
display SCT message (output to, for example, ismsg=) 'Power Infusion up!'

or:

on spell cooldown <power infusion up>
display SCT message 'Power Infusion up!'

I'm terrible with coding, so I thought I'd ask, I know this might well be a lot of added functionality or simply a personal request, but it might be a really cool feature to have in future SCTs! Or maybe it's in the current one and I have no idea how to use it!
09-02-06, 02:06 AM   #48
avt
A Kobold Labourer
Little request for PvP

Hello Grayhoof.
Little request.
Please, add in to SCT PvP messages.
Personal for me interesting - "Killing Blow" and "XX Honor Gained" messages.
Thank!
09-04-06, 01:57 PM   #49
lite
A Defias Bandit
Unhappy SCT problem.

I get this error message when I first load into the game.

This is what I see when I try to load the menu.
09-04-06, 08:02 PM   #50
lite
A Defias Bandit
conflict

The newest SCT seems to have a conflicting problem with the cp counter Already Killed.
http://www.curse-gaming.com/en/wow/a...adykilled.html
Anybody know a fix to make them both work at the same time.
09-07-06, 04:25 PM   #51
gundark
A Kobold Labourer
Originally Posted by lite
This is what I see when I try to load the menu.
[snip]
i see that exact same thing. also, WoW's lighter version won't show anything, no matter how many settings i change :-\
09-20-06, 04:06 PM   #52
blubber42
A Kobold Labourer
Great work on both SCT and SCTD, I have one question though. Is there any way to increase the maximum fontsize of 32? More specific, I would like SCTD to display crits in a much larger font then the rest of the damage, like wow itself does. I tried ploughing through the sourcecode, but I couldn't find it :s.
10-10-06, 10:40 PM   #53
Demagogue
A Defias Bandit
SCT Whispers

Hey guys,

Hoping someone can help me out here, I have tried everything I can think of to get SCT to show my whispers both to and from myself in SCT.

Any ideas?
10-11-06, 12:11 PM   #54
sid67
A Cliff Giant
Put this in your OnLoad area
this:RegisterEvent("CHAT_MSG_WHISPER");

And this in the OnEvent area
if (event == "CHAT_MSG_WHISPER") then
local oColor = {r = 0.3, g = 0.3, b = 1.0};
SCT_Display(arg2 .. ": " .. arg1, oColor);
end

You can just put that in any of your addons.
10-17-06, 08:39 AM   #55
Rated
A Defias Bandit
SCT - font change

Hey, was wandering if any1 could help me track down where Jin got the font for his SCT in this trailer movie:

http://www.warcraftmovies.com/stream.php?id=29106

(its a 1min d/l so dont be afraid to stream it :>)

Its not a font that comes standard, but i cant find it anywhere.

Any help would be appreciated.

/Rated
10-18-06, 04:11 AM   #56
Rated
A Defias Bandit
108 views, and no responses :<
11-05-06, 03:50 AM   #57
Varak
A Defias Bandit
Hey everyone. I have been fooling with SCT options lately and I really miss one feature form old SCT. In older versions you could disable animation of text completely and have it just pop up in new "lines" instead of scrolling up. The effect Im looking for look exactly like current SCTD when you disable "use SCT animation" option. New line of text pushes old one up (no scroling)... I hope im making myself at least a bit clear

Thing is, that I would like to apply this look to entire SCT (not just SCTD) and I cant find any option for it. Any ideas how to do this?

PS: typos are just state of mind
11-05-06, 07:07 AM   #58
Palmer909
A Kobold Labourer
I love your mod btw. Good Work. Ok now on to my question. I just updated to the latest SCT and SCTD and for some reason cannot get any damage to appear whatsoever. I tried loading ur profile and all I could get it to show is when I enter and exit combat. Please help. I had no trouble with using the older version this is my first problem. Thanks
11-05-06, 09:44 AM   #59
Grayhoof
A Wyrmkin Dreamwalker
Varak, you just need assign all the events to the message frame. Just select the third radio button on each event you want to appear there.

Palmer909, sounds like some other mod is conflicting. If you happen to have Benecast installed, its a known mod to cause problems with SCT. If you don't have that, trying disabling all mods but SCT and make sure it works alone. Then turn your mods back on one by one till you find the culprit.
11-16-06, 01:01 PM   #60
Plenty
A Kobold Labourer
I'm having a similar problem to Palmer, SCT only shows damage I take. I've disabled all my mods and it still doesn't work

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » Released AddOns » Scrolling Combat Text