07-26-07, 01:47 AM   #1
Si_
A Fallenroot Satyr

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Comix

I've just uploaded Comix to WoW Interface.

if anyone is familiar with this mod I have recently taken over development and added some new features

for those of you who like mods that have no real use but to provide entertainment and generally enhance the game experience then this is for you

http://www.wowinterface.com/download...390-Comix.html
07-26-07, 03:31 AM   #2
robthedude
Don't Panic

Hooray! Another addon that I can cross off the 'curse' list!

I love Comix, and urge anyone that hasn't tried it yet to at least give it a go

07-26-07, 03:58 AM   #3
Si_
A Fallenroot Satyr

nice to have a plug that isn't a shameless one from me lol

anyway got a portal set up so if you got any feature requests or bug reports etc go here - http://www.wowinterface.com/portal.php?id=307
08-10-07, 12:24 AM   #4
Si_
A Fallenroot Satyr

this may be considered as a shameless bump by some people but meh.

new version of Comix has just been uploaded, check it out
08-10-07, 07:26 AM   #5
Layrajha
A Frostmaul Preserver

I'm in love with it. I'm only a bit sad that as a shadowpriest, my spells don't crit much, I think I'm gonna edit it a bit here and there to make more flashy stuff appear
08-10-07, 08:38 AM   #6
Si_
A Fallenroot Satyr

yeah i'd imagine it would be similar playing as a dot lock, if you got any suggestions i'd be glad to hear them
09-11-07, 07:50 PM   #7
Si_
A Fallenroot Satyr

just updated comix to 1.5 new stuff is below:

Death Images - now when you die, you get images as well as sound

Resurrection Sound - people who have played serious sam 2 may recognise this sound, it should play when someone tries to res you, or if you res from a soulstone/ankh, the darkmoon card should work also, if there are any problems let me know so i can fix em.
10-09-07, 02:44 PM   #8
Corloc
A Defias Bandit

No Crit Sounds Etc.

First I would like to say Really Fun Mod!

I have it installed and it appears to mostly work. All settings are default (except the shaking screen is disabled). The things that do not appear to be working are:
1. Any critical damage sounds.

UPDATED - After todays patch these are now working2. Any ComixKillCountSounds - (probably just need a better explanation of what triggers this. Maybe it has never occurred for either my Destruction Warlock or Protection Paladin).

3. Any ComixOneHitSounds - (probably just need a better explanation of what triggers this. Maybe it has never occurred for either my Warlock or Paladin).
4. Lair.wav (I get the message in chat, Welcome to Dr. Evil's Underground lair etc. but never hear the wave file).

I see the critical damage animations, I see/hear Critical Heals, I see/hear RRRRRWWWW Battle Shout, Resurrections, etc. etc. etc, but never hear any critical damage I do to the mob (Spell or Melee). I have verified with a friend I play with that he too does not hear any Crit sounds.

I have tried enabling Bam - No Bam sound ever played.
I have never heard any Finishing Blow wav file either.
Do I need to enable CritGap or change the setting from 0?

I have very few mods loaded
Atlas
KLHThreatMeter
CT_Core
CT_MailMod
CT_MapMod
CT_UnitFrames

Let me know if you need any other information.
Corloc The Warlock - Daggerspine
Vaacø (Thats Lord Vaacø to you!) Blood Elf Paladin - Daggerspine

P.S. I have a 2k sound mod I created that does play a Critical Sound file when I do a spell crit and it has been working fine for long time. It still plays and I see your animations .

I have of course tried disabling that but it made no difference to your mod.

Last edited by Corloc : 10-09-07 at 04:34 PM.
11-05-07, 11:57 PM   #9
Si_
A Fallenroot Satyr

first off, sorry for the late reply, i hope you still check this post from time to time

1. the sound engine change in wow really screwed audio mods around, sounds dont always play etc. i have put in a semi working fix for those problems but its not 100%, its also been reported that some of the sounds are the wrong file format for how the file is encoded, perhaps the new engine is having issues with that or something, i still have to check it out, may even re encode some of the sounds for the next update.

2. all fixed by the patch? good to hear, i dont use the killcounter sounds myself so i didnt notice a problem

3. i'll be honest i dont think the onehit sounds have ever worked since i took over development of comix, i will have a look at the code and see if i can trace any problems, if i cant work out a problem and its still not working i will try a recode for that part or just remove it entirely

4. damn thats annoying, was working fine before the new sound engine came in, am trying to fix it as i like that sound lol

i dont think i have a finishing blow sound in there, there is a finish him sound and that works, and i know there was a thing when i first took over the mod where it said well done when you killed an elite or something like that or a higher level mob or something but it annoyed me so much im pretty sure i removed it with extreme prejudice

anyways for those that are interested i am working on a new version, but i doubt it will be out until after 2.3, that way i can iron any patch related problems out before i release it
11-08-07, 12:41 PM   #10
Corloc
A Defias Bandit

Thanks Si,

No worries about the late reply. I know this isn't your life's work and that you are just doing it for fun (I hope)

I did not know about the sound engine change. I'll poke around some more and see if I can figure out anything.

No biggie on the one hit sounds but Dr Evil's Lair would be cool to get get fixed

I would like to figure out why the crit sounds do not play. And if you know of anyway to get a combat melee crit sound to play I'd like to know. I have tried every combat_..... message i can find and nothing works. Spell crit no problem however.

Yeah good plan to wait till after 2.3

Anyways this is still a very cool mod and I (and everyone who uses it) really appreciate you keeping it up to date.

Thx again
Corloc the Warlock - Daggerspine

UPDATE #1: Ok I converted the Lair.wav file from MPEG layer 3 to WAV and it works. YEAH!
So the new sound engine does not like MPEG layer 3 files its seems.

UPDATE #1A. I took the original Lair.wav file(which is in fact a MP3 file) and renamed it to Lair.mp3 and that works fine. So file name and file type must match to play.

UPDATE #2: I added this to the comix.lua at the end of the function Comix_OnEvent() section:
if event == "CHAT_MSG_COMBAT_SELF_HITS" then
for creatureName, damage in string.gmatch(arg1, "You crit (.+) for (%d+).") do
PlaySoundFile("Interface\\AddOns\\Comix\\Sounds\\CriticalDamage.mp3");
return;
end
end

if event == "CHAT_MSG_SPELL_SELF_DAMAGE" then
for spell, creatureName, damage in string.gmatch(arg1, "Your (.+) crits (.+) for (%d+).") do
PlaySoundFile("Interface\\AddOns\\Comix\\Sounds\\CriticalDamage.mp3");
return;
end
end

This could be written more elegantly using localization files etc. but it works. It takes care of the crit sound for melee and spell damage.

Last edited by Corloc : 11-19-07 at 03:27 PM.
11-08-07, 04:16 PM   #11
Heartwork
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
You should add something for Resurrection(Paladin,Shaman,Priest). Like when you are rezzing someone, you say random messages/warnings.
11-08-07, 09:06 PM   #12
Si_
A Fallenroot Satyr

@Corloc - i think its a bit picky about encoding of the files, there are mp3 files that i have in there that work fine, lair.wav is a wav file using mp3 encoding, so i think its just too picky for it now, im going to update it tonight before my kara run and see how it goes.

@Heartwork - i think there are already mods that do that, not completely sure, i do have the resurrection sound for when you get rez'd by someone else, as far as random messages go, its something i might think about at a later stage.
11-22-07, 11:02 PM   #13
Si_
A Fallenroot Satyr

just an update, a new version has been uploaded for people to look at, and if someone wants to test the windfury sound (i dont have a shaman) please post any issues in this thread, or on the bug tracker at my portal
08-06-08, 06:35 AM   #14
Si_
A Fallenroot Satyr

A long time coming, but a more complete 2.4 version of comix has just been uploaded, enjoy

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » Released AddOns » Comix