12-13-09, 05:33 AM   #1
Oomkins
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Caith UI Problem

I am having a problem installing Caith UI on a friends computer. I did exactly what I did when installing Caith on my computer. Installation instructions say to rename the folders in the WTF folder and copy the WTF, Interface, and Fonts folders into your WoW directory and overwrite the old ones. I log into the game and the full list of Caith addons show up in the addons list. The problem I'm having is that when I go to load the profiles in game such as Pitbull 4, Quartz, and Bartender 4 the Caith UI profiles are not there. Any help finding out why the profiles are not showing up would be appreciated. Thanks
12-13-09, 05:49 AM   #2
Jooze
A Wyrmkin Dreamwalker

AddOn Compiler - Click to view compilations
By the sound of it, your WTF folder didn't get copied/overwritten correctly.

Check that you've renamed all the folders correctly.

I don't know what operating system you're using, but try not to overwrite the WTF folder, as this may leave old configuration files in place.
Instead rename the old WTF folder to something like "OldWTF" and copy the CaithUI WTF folder there. That way you're replacing the WTF folder completely and still have a backup of the old files.
12-13-09, 03:24 PM   #3
Oomkins
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
By the sound of it, your WTF folder didn't get copied/overwritten correctly.

I don't know what operating system you're using, but try not to overwrite the WTF folder, as this may leave old configuration files in place.
Instead rename the old WTF folder to something like "OldWTF" and copy the CaithUI WTF folder there. That way you're replacing the WTF folder completely and still have a backup of the old files.

I tried this method exactly as you said but it still didn't fix the problem. I am at a loss as to why the profiles won't load I have tried so many different things. If anyone might have a solution to this problem it would be a great help. I am using Windows XP sp3 by the way.
12-13-09, 07:11 PM   #4
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
Originally Posted by Jooze View Post
Since you didn't specifically state doing so, did you double check this?
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

12-13-09, 09:36 PM   #5
Oomkins
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Yes the folders are named correctly. I've installed Caith UI in the past on other computers with no problems. Inside the accounts folder I see my old account name before I converted to battle.net does that need to be deleted? Also last night I reset profiles in game when I could get the profiles to show up so maybe there is some file I need to delete in my wow directory?
12-13-09, 09:55 PM   #6
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
Originally Posted by Oomkins View Post
Inside the accounts folder I see my old account name before I converted to battle.net does that need to be deleted?
No, that's what that folder is supposed to be named. Use the actual account name, not the linked battle.net account.
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

12-13-09, 10:13 PM   #7
Oomkins
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Thank you Seerah for the quick response. This fixed the problem.
12-13-09, 10:54 PM   #8
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
Good. You're welcome.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Help/Support » Caith UI Problem