01-20-09, 01:13 PM   #1
Webkicker
A Defias Bandit
Addon Software

Does anyone know of a software that will help me write addons? something simular to World of Warcraft Addon Studio. I need it for mac thought....
01-20-09, 01:30 PM   #2
Yhor
A Pyroguard Emberseer

I don't know if it's currently up to date, but you might try here

http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/th...11381244&sid=1

Hope that helps
01-20-09, 07:35 PM   #3
Webkicker
A Defias Bandit
Question

Thx, but that was not exactly what I am looking for, here is the website for the WoW Addon Studio but I need it for mac if there is something like it out there

http://www.codeplex.com/WarcraftAddOnStudio
01-20-09, 09:40 PM   #4
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
You can write addons using any text editor (I personally use Notepad++, but that does not have a mac version either).
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

01-21-09, 04:15 AM   #5
Mokhtar
A Fallenroot Satyr
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
The different IDEs tend to be ****ty, better to stick to a text editor, some of them come with syntax highlighting for lua (Notepad++, PSPad do it iirc)
01-23-09, 08:07 AM   #6
Mike-N-Go
A Theradrim Guardian

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Hi Mokhtar, I use TextWrangler for writing WoW AddOns on my Mac. It has syntax coloring, awesome find tool, lines where tab-spots hit, can easily change between different files, line numbers, jump to line, auto refresh changes when another app alters the file (think saved vars), and a lot more. I recommend it for Mac AddOn development.

Author of Daily Bean Counter, MyNameTogglesWhenIAFKorDND, Extended Shutdown Warning, Auto Mail Director, Duel Nullify, Spec Transmiter, Say Again, Window Teller, Who Crafts, Ad Repeater, Privy Cork, Mac Backup, and more.

WoWInterface » Developer Discussions » General Authoring Discussion » Addon Software