Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
03-12-09, 03:01 PM   #1
Cogwheel
Sans Poisson

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
A bit of nostalgia... TradeWars!

Are you ready for a blast from the past? Come visit Cogwheel's Workshop and try to dominate the galaxy!

Gameplay Instructions <-- This is a link... click it! :P

If you're unfamiliar with telnet or would rather not go through the trouble of setting up your own client, I've created a windows installer which provides a copy of PuTTY pre-configured to log into my TradeWars server with appropriate settings.

Game descriptions:

Gnomeregan - Banged 2009-03-04

This is a 5000 sector universe with 5000 turns per day (7 days bankable). Starting conditions are quite generous, including a decent amount of fighters, 10,000 credits, and a starter planet.

The universe itself was built with mostly default settings. There's a lot of room to grow with high limits on planet and port construction. The fairly generous turn limit makes certain scripts more appealing. Gameplay will likely emphasize exploration and growth over competition.

Clockwork Run - Banged 2009-03-04

This is a 500 sector universe with 500 turns per day (2 days bankable). Starting conditions are close to defaults with few credits, fighters and holds. Players do not start with a planet.

This is a compact but convoluted bang with more one-way warps than two-way. A much more intimate setting with challenging requirements means this game will encourage ruthless competition and more strategic gameplay. This is also a time sink in case you run out of turns in Gnomeregan

-----

For anyone using PuTTY on Windows, I've exported my settings to get all the ansi looking right: http://cogwheel.info/upload/files/Co...20settings.reg

Just merge this into your registry and it'll add a new session called "Cogwheel TW"

Last edited by Cogwheel : 03-20-09 at 12:33 PM.

WoWInterface » General Discussion » Chit-Chat » A bit of nostalgia... TradeWars!