12-23-14, 07:44 AM   #1
Kreelor
A Firelord

How does Warehouse work?

As I remember it, the Carbonite Warehouse used to require users to visit the banks of each of their characters at least once so that Warehouse could populate its list of items for that character's bank.

Today, I deleted every folder with "Carbonite" in its name from my list of addons (in the .../Interface/Addons folder). Then, I downloaded and installed the NEW Carbonite Maps, Carbonite Warehouse, and Carbonite Quests from Wowinterface. Then, I installed them into the Addons folder properly.

I expected to have to visit each of my character's banks, as usual, to repopulate the items.

But, after starting the game, Warehouse shows bank contents for all of my characters, even though I never took those other characters to their banks.

So, what did fail to do?
12-23-14, 07:48 AM   #2
atl77
A Chromatic Dragonspawn
Originally Posted by Kreelor View Post
As I remember it, the Carbonite Warehouse used to require users to visit the banks of each of their characters at least once so that Warehouse could populate its list of items for that character's bank.

Today, I deleted every folder with "Carbonite" in its name from my list of addons (in the .../Interface/Addons folder). Then, I downloaded and installed the NEW Carbonite Maps, Carbonite Warehouse, and Carbonite Quests from Wowinterface. Then, I installed them into the Addons folder properly.

I expected to have to visit each of my character's banks, as usual, to repopulate the items.

But, after starting the game, Warehouse shows bank contents for all of my characters, even though I never took those other characters to their banks.

So, what did fail to do?
The Warehouse is not stored in the Carbonite Folder, but somewhere in Config or WTF - I'll have to look it up after work if no one else can answer that one.
12-23-14, 08:40 AM   #3
MiRai
A Warpwood Thunder Caller
Add-ons don't store anything in Interface/AddOns, everything is saved in your WTF folder.
12-23-14, 09:26 AM   #4
Kreelor
A Firelord

Originally Posted by MiRai View Post
Add-ons don't store anything in Interface/AddOns, everything is saved in your WTF folder.
Thanks atl77 for replying. I've looked through WTF several times, but I saw nothing related to Carbonite nor Warehouse. If I delete the WTF folder, that will force me into redoing everything related to my entire game setup (for all my chars and realms), won't it? Is there something specific in the WTF I can look for and then delete only it (or them) -- relative to Carbonite and/or Warehouse? And, what about the Cache folder? Does it contain anything related to Carbonite (especially the Warehouse)?

I have 41 characters to reconfigure. LOL or, should I say "groan!"?
EDITED, Dec 25, 2014, @3:00PM (Pacific):
Changed from 21 chars to 41 chars to include all chars on all realms.

Last edited by Kreelor : 12-25-14 at 05:02 PM. Reason: changed '21 chars' to '41 chars' to include chars on all realms
12-23-14, 09:30 AM   #5
ircdirk
A Molten Giant

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Thanks atl77 for replying. I've looked through WTF several times, but I saw nothing related to Carbonite nor Warehouse. If I delete the WTF folder, that will force me into redoing everything related to my entire game setup (for all my chars and realms), won't it? Is there something specific in the WTF I can look for and then delete only it (or them) -- relative to Carbonite and/or Warehouse? And, what about the Cache folder? Does it contain anything related to Carbonite (especially the Warehouse)?

I have 21 characters to reconfigure. LOL or, should I say "groan!"?
I got my Carb Warehouse configurations here:

\WTF\Account\{Server Name or Realm Name}\SavedVariables\Carbonite.Warehouse.lua

other Carb modules also have configurations in this directory.
12-23-14, 10:40 AM   #6
Rythal
Featured Artist
Featured
It's actually saved in \WTF\Account\SavedVariables\Carbonite.lua

I've been meaning to move it to the warehouse file where it should be, but haven't had time to code that as it's saved as part of an overall character profile within carbonite, not warehouse specific.

Last edited by Rythal : 12-23-14 at 10:48 AM.
12-23-14, 10:45 AM   #7
Kreelor
A Firelord

Originally Posted by ircdirk View Post
I got my Carb Warehouse configurations here:

\WTF\Account\{Server Name or Realm Name}\SavedVariables\Carbonite.Warehouse.lua

other Carb modules also have configurations in this directory.
Thank you, ircdirk. I looked at everything very carefully and I did not see any "SavedVariables" listed under any of my Realm names. The Saved Variables which do have references to Carbonite are listed under my Account Name. The path is:
C:\Program Files (x86)\World of Warcraft\WTF\Account\{my account name}\SavedVariables
Early this morning, and once again just now, I deleted the Carbonite.Warehouse.lua and the Carbonite.Warehouse.lua.bak files. But, after restarting the game and checking my Warehouse, it still shows bank info for all my characters on all my realms. I really don't understand. Plus, only on one certain realm do I have Warehouse listing single-entries of all my character's names. The other several realms all have duplicate names of each of my characters and duplicates of every item (name) which they have in their banks. And, that includes duplicate gold amounts! I'm very confused. I know it shouldn't be happening like this.

I do understand that Rythal may not have updated the Warehouse yet. But, if it works properly for everyone but me, then something must be wrong in my setup. I just don't know what. Everything is updated and is in the right place, from what I can tell.
12-23-14, 10:50 AM   #8
Kreelor
A Firelord

Originally Posted by Rythal View Post
It's actually saved in \WTF\Account\{Server Name or Realm Name}\SavedVariables\Carbonite.lua

I've been meaning to move it to the warehouse file where it should be, but haven't had time to code that as it's saved as part of an overall character profile within carbonite, not warehouse specific.
Rythal, I was typing (too much as I do usually! grin) and I didn't see your post until now. Just to verify... could my issues be related to what you said about the warehouse data being in the wrong file?
12-23-14, 10:51 AM   #9
Rythal
Featured Artist
Featured
Thank you, ircdirk. I looked at everything very carefully and I did not see any "SavedVariables" listed under any of my Realm names. The Saved Variables which do have references to Carbonite are listed under my Account Name. The path is:
C:\Program Files (x86)\World of Warcraft\WTF\Account\{my account name}\SavedVariables
Early this morning, and once again just now, I deleted the Carbonite.Warehouse.lua and the Carbonite.Warehouse.lua.bak files. But, after restarting the game and checking my Warehouse, it still shows bank info for all my characters on all my realms. I really don't understand. Plus, only on one certain realm do I have Warehouse listing single-entries of all my character's names. The other several realms all have duplicate names of each of my characters and duplicates of every item (name) which they have in their banks. And, that includes duplicate gold amounts! I'm very confused. I know it shouldn't be happening like this.

I do understand that Rythal may not have updated the Warehouse yet. But, if it works properly for everyone but me, then something must be wrong in my setup. I just don't know what. Everything is updated and is in the right place, from what I can tell.
It is not necessarily something with your settings, as the support of connected realms was written and tested only briefly it could be something else is happening if you have 3-4 realms all connected instead of just 2 as I tested on when writing it.
12-23-14, 11:00 AM   #10
Kreelor
A Firelord

Yes, I do have more than 2 or 3 realms. Far too many!

EDITED: The following realms are connnected realms:

* Runetotem
* Trollbane
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	My_Realms.jpg
Views:	504
Size:	379.7 KB
ID:	8383  

Last edited by Kreelor : 12-23-14 at 11:10 AM. Reason: specifying which are the connected realms

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » Carbonite » Carbonite: Warehouse Module » How does Warehouse work?