09-29-12, 02:05 AM   #1
Barjack
A Black Drake
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Mapping out quest types according to GetQuestLogQuestType

5.0 introduced a new function that doesn't seem to be documented anywhere, called GetQuestLogQuestType. As you might expect it seems to return the "type" of a quest in your quest log, where types seem to correspond to the tags you typically see in a normal quest log entry, e.g. (Dungeon) or (Raid). However, unlike the "questTag" return parameter from GetQuestLogTitle, it returns a non-localized integer value.

WoW provides only one constant in the form of QUEST_TYPE_SCENARIO (=98). So I've been attempting to map these values to their corresponding tags. My table so far looks like this:
Code:
local knownTypes = {
	[0] = "",          -- default
	[1] = "Group",
	[41] = "PvP",
	[62] = "Raid",
	[81] = "Dungeon",
	[83] = "Legendary",
	[85] = "Heroic",
	[98] = "Scenario", -- QUEST_TYPE_SCENARIO
	[102] = "Account",
}
However, looking at my old code, I also had code paths for the types "Elite", "Raid (10)" and "Raid (25)". Does anyone know if these types of quests still exist? I suspect Elite might have been made obsolete and replaced by either Group or Dungeon, but I'm unsure. The extra raid types might all simply be Raid now (the result of the lockout merge at the end of WotLK?), but I'm also not sure of that. It's also possible that I've missed some other, rarer tag types as well.

I know that Daily is not actually a quest type, so we can ignore that one. But I was wondering if anyone had any insight on where, if anywhere, those quest types I can no longer find might be located. Any ideas? Are they all gone?

WoWInterface » Developer Discussions » General Authoring Discussion » Mapping out quest types according to GetQuestLogQuestType