11-04-07, 03:28 PM   #1
bkp57
A Fallenroot Satyr

Question indicator for lower-than-your-level quests?

hey there all
don't know if this is possible, but I'll ask anyway.

is there a way to modify the interface so that quest-givers whose quest falls below your level are still marked in some way (like the !'s do now)?

maybe it could be a different color '!' somehow... would be nice for toons in Azeroth who want to go back and do quests for rep and such...

thanks in advance

bkp57
11-04-07, 03:37 PM   #2
Tyrolit
A Black Drake

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
i don't think this can be controlled by addons

but I've seen posts on the wow suggestion forums for just this thing, id suggest making a post on the wow suggestion forums , hopefully the more who do the devs "may" include it.

edit:-

if your after quests lower than your level ( eg for faction rep ) try using http://wow.allakhazam.com/
http://www.wowhead.com/

or any of the others to look up quests, I know its not ideal but it's a start

Last edited by Tyrolit : 11-04-07 at 03:40 PM.
11-04-07, 03:40 PM   #3
Kaomie
A Scalebane Royal Guard

The only way to do that is to have an addon with an exhaustive database of every possible quests available that would mark them as you complete them and show the ones you are missing. Otherwise you cannot know until you open the quest dialog with the NPC and then you will know anyway
11-04-07, 04:55 PM   #4
Rigorous
Noggenfogger Anonymous

Quests that are much below your level will now have the tag (Low Level) in the gossip pane attached to the quest. This will make it easier to tell which quest to accept when a quest giver has both low and high level quests.
from the test realm patch notes. so maybe in 2.3?
"I guess I kinda lost control, because in the middle of the play I ran up and lit the evil puppet villain on fire. No, I didn't. Just kidding. I just said that to help illustrate one of the human emotions, which is freaking out. Another emotion is greed, as when you kill someone for money, or something like that. Another emotion is generosity, as when you pay someone double what he paid for his stupid puppet." - Jack Handy
11-04-07, 05:51 PM   #5
ganders
A Flamescale Wyrmkin
Originally Posted by Rigorous
from the test realm patch notes. so maybe in 2.3?
No, that doesn't place an ! over heads of lower quest givers, that puts "Low Level" next to the name of the quest after you talk to them so you know if the quest is a low level quest or not. It won't help with the OP's problem though.
11-04-07, 06:20 PM   #6
Rigorous
Noggenfogger Anonymous

i think i just need to stop posting.
i seem to misunderstand/misread everyone's posts these days.

old age and the distraction of being at work ftl!
11-05-07, 01:12 PM   #7
Steil
A Cliff Giant

I do not know if Cartographer does it as the mod it is. But, I use it also w/ questfu with the result being that it marks quest givers on the big map after talking to them. Not on the minimap, which I believe is what you are asking about. Dunno how it's going to work w/ the new patch though.

Speaking of which did they add an option to turn off/scale the huge quest availiable indicators on the minimap? or is this feature going to me something else that we have to use an addon to get rid of?
11-05-07, 01:23 PM   #8
ReverendD
A Rage Talon Dragon Guard

Originally Posted by Steil
I do not know if Cartographer does it as the mod it is. But, I use it also w/ questfu with the result being that it marks quest givers on the big map after talking to them. Not on the minimap, which I believe is what you are asking about. Dunno how it's going to work w/ the new patch though.

Speaking of which did they add an option to turn off/scale the huge quest available indicators on the minimap? or is this feature going to me something else that we have to use an addon to get rid of?
Actually, in cartographer if you use cartographer_quests, there is a setting to show the icons on the minimap as well. As long as you talk to a person who has a quest it will show it. And if you do not accept the quest it will show it as a ! on the minimap to show it is still available. Of course this still doesnt fix the OP issue of having a ! over the head regardless of level but perhaps its a start. Main issue is you have to have been to the person that gives the quest before and I am not sure if it will show these quests for another character.

Main thing I can say is know the areas. I pretty much knew every Alliance quest from lvl 1 to 40 like the back of my hand so it was never an issue. Guess that's one of the reasons I switched to horde, needed a new challenge.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Search/Requests » indicator for lower-than-your-level quests?