11-23-10, 12:51 AM   #1
ricks322
A Chromatic Dragonspawn
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
What to do now that Beta is over?

So now that the Beta is over what will you be doing between now and Dec 7th when you can roll that new Worgen, or Goblin?

11-23-10, 04:01 AM   #2
Fuzzywuzzy
A Black Drake

Haven't played beta so i'll be doing what i've been doing the last month or 2, trying to earn a bit of gold to prepare for whatever Blizzard will make us pay for faster mount(s) / flying in the old kingdoms and so on.

And when really bored lvl'ing an alt

11-23-10, 05:13 AM   #3
Fredrasaurus
A Defias Bandit
Finish getting all my alts to 80

11-23-10, 05:18 AM   #4
Kallieen
Lady of Shadows

Troll druid! Mmm, tiger kitty form!

11-23-10, 06:54 AM   #5
Lyelu
A Cyclonian
Beta's over? How will I obsess on Luas when it's Tuesday?

11-23-10, 08:47 AM   #6
perenor
A Murloc Raider
Get my 2 high 70 toons (both level 76) to 80 ASAP to avoid needlessly losing all the rest they have by the Cataclysm.

11-23-10, 12:20 PM   #7
Xinhuan
A Chromatic Dragonspawn

You can do all the new quests in Eastern Kingdom and Kalimdor and get those new "Complete X quests in Y zone" achievements. You can also explore them for exploration achievements if you don't already have them.

11-23-10, 12:52 PM   #8
Firedancer
An Aku'mai Servant

As soon as the servers are up I'm going to start a Night Elf Mage. I've wanted one since the game launched, and now I can have it! I'll make a Worgen of some type eventually (my only Draenei is a lvl 3 bank alt!), but my focus will be on leveling my NE mage and seeing the 'new' world through lowbie eyes.

11-23-10, 12:53 PM   #9
sylvanaar
A Warpwood Thunder Caller
Beta is over, really?

11-23-10, 01:18 PM   #10
IQgryn
A Cyclonian
Originally Posted by sylvanaar View Post
Beta is over, really?
Haha, that's exactly how I felt when I saw it on WoW Insider. "But I'm not ready yet!"

11-23-10, 01:25 PM   #11
Taryble
A Molten Giant

The game launches in like 2 weeks (and a couple days) - I'm surprised as heck that the Beta lasted until this point.

11-23-10, 08:44 PM   #12
SDPhantom
A Pyroguard Emberseer

I was hearing stories of Starcraft 2 beta lasting up to the week before launch, so I wasn't ready for beta to end for another week.

11-23-10, 09:03 PM   #13
Taryble
A Molten Giant

Yeah, the SC2 multiplayer beta ended about 1.5 weeks before the game launched. I was in that one too.

11-25-10, 05:51 AM   #14
Vlad
A Molten Giant

Save the screenshot folder if you like and then delete the game folder to free up 30GB of HDD space.

11-25-10, 03:02 PM   #15
SDPhantom
A Pyroguard Emberseer

I started puling out my old console games and started playing them, Chrono Trigger anyone?

11-27-10, 09:06 PM   #16
Bluspacecow
Giver of walls of text :)

Steam have a sale on right now.

I brought Torchlight for $5.00

It's like a Diablo 3 clone from some developers that thought Dialbo 3 was cool and just decided to go ahead and do it anyway. I'm possibly fudging the description of the game and delibertly over - selling the game but it's actually quite nice.

The whole game feels like someone took Diablo went "Wouldn't it be cool if ...." then added that feature.
tuba_man on Apple test labs : "I imagine a brushed-aluminum room with a floor made of keyboards, each one plugged into a different test box somewhere. Someone is tasked with tossing a box full of cats (all wearing turtlenecks) into this room. If none of the systems catch fire within 30 minutes, testing is complete. Someone else must remove the cats. All have iPods." (http://community.livejournal.com/tec...t/2018070.html)

11-27-10, 10:26 PM   #17
Zagrei
A Cobalt Mageweaver

AddOn Compiler - Click to view compilations
Originally Posted by Bluspacecow View Post
snip
I loooove Torchlight! As someone who never played the Diablo games (n3wbsauce, I know), I can't vouch for the game on that front, but I can say this: Torchlight is ADDICTING. Many a night was spent hacking and slashing into the wee hours of the night (morning?), simply because I HAD to get to the next level of the dungeon. Once I made it there, I just haaaad to get to the next level, and so on. Amazing game, honestly.

On a side note, Torchlight 2 seems even more amazing... Co-op play and a lot more content... mmmmm... I can't wait

ON TOPIC: I have been playing on Alts, looking for all of the cool changes that The Shattering brought to Azeroth. I must say, Blizzard really did a good job with the destruction, in my opinion.

11-28-10, 06:41 AM   #18
Abner
Banned
I have a feeling that they have seen enough problems with the beta and thought that the free game is enough. It could also be a form of marketing to make the fans become more eager to play when it becomes live.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » Cataclysm Beta » What to do now that Beta is over?