02-25-15, 08:18 AM   #1
Stevenlandry
Premium Member

Premium Member
selfie camera

i dont know if it realui or the chatmode but it does not allow me to take a selfie

14x ...rfaceBlizzard_SocialUI\Blizzard_SocialUI-1.0.lua:119: Attempt to access forbidden object from code tainted by an AddOn
[C]: in function `Show'
...rfaceBlizzard_SocialUI\Blizzard_SocialUI-1.0.lua:119: in function `SocialPostFrame_ShowScreenshot'
FrameXML\ItemRef.lua:249: in function <FrameXML\ItemRef.lua:1>
(tail call): ?
...aceBlizzard_CombatLog\Blizzard_CombatLog.lua:3602: in function `SetItemRef'
FrameXML\ChatFrame.lua:3374: in function <FrameXML\ChatFrame.lua:3373>
(tail call): ?
[C]: in function `ChatFrame_OnHyperlinkShow'
PhanxChat\Modules\LinkURLs.lua:58: in function <PhanxChat\Modules\LinkURLs.lua:52>
[C]: in function `ChatFrame_OnHyperlinkShow'
[string "*:OnHyperlinkClick"]:1: in function <[string "*:OnHyperlinkClick"]:1>
[C]: ?

Locals:
index = 2

Ripshawn YouTube channel

RipShawn Twitch channel
02-25-15, 08:20 AM   #2
Stevenlandry
Premium Member

Premium Member
Never mind did not see the sticky about the selfie

Ripshawn YouTube channel

RipShawn Twitch channel
03-01-15, 08:35 AM   #3
Layliah
A Defias Bandit
Where is this sticky you mention? I am having the same issue. Something is causing my bars for the selfie cam to not appear, without disabling all of my addons (which is a pain). Any info would be great. Thanks.
03-01-15, 09:03 AM   #4
Jarod24
A Theradrim Guardian
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Known issue since patch 6.1

Blizzard added stuff that requires a taint-free approach to hooking "ChatFrame_OnHyperlinkShow".

The solution i used in my own addon was to:
1. Post-hook "ChatFrame_OnHyperlinkShow" (hooksecurefunc).
2. Pre-hook ItemRefTooltip:SetHyperlink(), adding some code that returns nil if the hyperlink in question matches that what my addon uses internally (i.e |cffffff|Hmycustomtype:data:data:data|h|r).

If you want to use the twitter-feature you can also just type "/share" in chat (don't know if customized UI messes things up).
03-01-15, 10:08 AM   #5
Gethe
RealUI Developer

Premium Member
Featured
Originally Posted by Layliah View Post
Where is this sticky you mention? I am having the same issue. Something is causing my bars for the selfie cam to not appear, without disabling all of my addons (which is a pain). Any info would be great. Thanks.
The sticky in question is here, but that issue is from the Twitter chat links, not the S.E.L.F.I.E Camera.

For your issue, I don't have the camera yet so I can't test. Have you tried disabling just Bartender?

Last edited by Gethe : 03-01-15 at 10:12 AM.
03-01-15, 01:50 PM   #6
Layliah
A Defias Bandit
Disabling bartender does fix the problem. But it is a shame I have to do that every time I want to use it. Didn't know if there was anything on my end i could do besides that to fix the problem. Thanks.
03-25-15, 10:00 PM   #7
Chelssy
A Kobold Labourer
Bartender setting

I'm also using bartender and had the same issue. I fixed it by changing the "State Configuration" setting for bar 1 to the following:

Enabled - checked
Possess Bar - checked

Everything else is unchecked and stance configurations are set to don't page, but I don't think that makes a difference.

Also, my camera works just fine on my other toon, so I am trying to identify the difference in settings because the action bar is normal on one toon for the camera and on the other toon it stays as action bar 1.

Hope this helps!
03-25-15, 11:15 PM   #8
Gethe
RealUI Developer

Premium Member
Featured
I only just recently got the selfie cam and haven't had any issues accessing the camera functions. Keep in mind that the camera buttons replace action bar 1, so you may need to hold down CTRL to show it if you are just by your self.

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » RealUI » selfie camera