10-04-07, 03:33 AM   #21
stillklinge
A Fallenroot Satyr
Uh Mazzle, by the way...
Just recommended your great UI to a friend of mine - I personally don't use it because I love assembling stuff myself, but IMO yours is the greatest out-of-the-box package.
He absolutely agrees and wants to marry you now!
10-04-07, 05:50 AM   #22
entropos
A Defias Bandit
After reading this thread I played around and got this to work pretty nicely for my newly minted shaman:
/stopcasting
/castsequence Lightning Bolt, Lightning Bolt,Earth Shock
/startattack

After 2 bolts they're generally almost on me, so earthshock then time for melee. Yes, I'm too lazy to want to hit another button to start my club swinging.
10-04-07, 08:34 AM   #23
stillklinge
A Fallenroot Satyr
That's good news!
So it really works and you can interrupt whatever spell is about to be cast?
10-04-07, 08:43 AM   #24
entropos
A Defias Bandit
Well, when I cast healing wave, the healing wave spell starts. I then mash the button for this:
/stopcasting
/startattack
/castsequence reset=combat Lightning Bolt, Lightning Bolt, Lightning Bolt,Earth Shock

I get "That spell isn't ready yet voice", healing wave spell is interrupted. I then have to mash the macro button again to start casting Lighting Bolt.

Honestly I don't know diddly about any of this. It's a whole lot of trial and error. Also, thanks to the /startattack I'll see the text message that says "you're too far away", but it doesn't slow anything down and when the mob is on top of me I start swinging away without having to mash something else. I get the sneaking suspicion that there's a more elegant way to do this. =D

[edit] I put the reset=combat in there so it would always start with lighting bolt [/edit]
10-04-07, 08:49 AM   #25
stillklinge
A Fallenroot Satyr
OK, that's normal behaviour.
But can you interrupt your second Lightning Bolt and cast the third one instead with this macro?
10-04-07, 09:14 AM   #26
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
It sounds to me like entropos was mashing too early and perhaps was in the global cooldown. But they said it did interrupt the cast...... Oh wait, yeah, HealingWave isn't part of the macro. I forgot to test this when I was on last night. /sigh
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

10-04-07, 09:58 AM   #27
stillklinge
A Fallenroot Satyr
Exactly.
Healing Wave was outside the macro, so in this case, the /stopcasting at the beginning might have popped in.
Hopefully I'll find the time to test it with my mage - two pyroblasts in a row w/ a stopcasting in between so to say is perfect for testing purposes.
10-08-07, 06:39 AM   #28
stillklinge
A Fallenroot Satyr
Seerah, I bow before the greatness that is you and ask for forgiveness for being incapable of waiting for the global cooldown to finish before hammering the macrobutton again.
Here's your Cookie.

To make things short, the /stopcasting at the beginning of the macro indeed does work.
You just shouldn't be as stupid as I was and spam the macro again before GCD has run out.

Thanks a bunch for all your help.
10-08-07, 09:23 AM   #29
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
mmm.... I hope those are chocolate chips and not raisins...
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

10-08-07, 09:56 AM   #30
stillklinge
A Fallenroot Satyr
Originally Posted by Seerah
mmm.... I hope those are chocolate chips and not raisins...
That's pretty hard to figure out regarding the filename...
10-08-07, 09:57 AM   #31
stillklinge
A Fallenroot Satyr
Take these instead, mate.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Help/Support » Too stupid for stopcasting macro!