10-31-08, 08:30 PM   #1
WaldoJeffers
A Molten Giant

kgPanels Parent

Hello,

I'm trying to parent a texture to the Pitbull raid frames so it only shows when I'm in a raid. I don't know how to get the raid frames frame name as a whole, but I got the frame name of a raid frame: PitBullCluster1UnitButton1 by using the frame macro over the top of the 1st raid frame. I simply put that frame name into the Parent box of said frames Parent and Anchor settings. The texture does not show, regardless, any ideas?

Thanks

Edit: Made an image of the frame I got the frame name of, and where I put the frame name in the Parent settings, that's all I've done. http://img300.imageshack.us/my.php?i...dparentni6.jpg

Last edited by WaldoJeffers : 10-31-08 at 10:32 PM.
10-31-08, 10:27 PM   #2
AFerrari
A Deviate Faerie Dragon

sugestion.

Hi, assumming your using a kgpanel linked to the raid area, i can only think of two things right now, 1 you've not enlarged the area and the raid frame is still covering the panel, or there is somthing i have noticed allready kgpanels seems to have a problem at the moment tiling textures, in which case u'll need to draw one up for ur self, because as soon as you say tile the texture it kills it, i never had that problem in eepanels so it suprised my when it happened in its newer form as kgpanels.

Dont know is this will help you in anyway, have not done much with kgpanels, but it was somthing i noticed.

Hope you get it fixed

Aferrari
10-31-08, 10:41 PM   #3
WaldoJeffers
A Molten Giant

Thanks for the reply, AFerarri. I have not got the texture anchored to any frame, just UIParent. I don't know what tiling a texture is lol I don't think I ever did any of that jazz then, I do know that, I did see the texture fine, until I fiddled with the parent setting, it has now vanished, even If I leave the parent field blank. Have I perhaps got the wrong frame name? Something I read about earlier is sometimes you get the frames that are supporting the frame you are trying to get the name of.
11-01-08, 01:56 AM   #4
MidgetMage55
Grinch!

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Pitbull recycles frames names (or at least it used to) but that would only mean it would show up out of raid as well usually attached to the party panel if your parented to the first group in raid. Either way you should still see the panel.

What generally happens when you parent to a frame is the art basically shrinks You should still be able to resize the panel. Set the size settings to something obviously too large and see if it shows up. If so then just fiddle with it till you get the size your after. This being the wordy version of what Aferrari said.

Tiling is when the addon takes the texture and makes multiple copies of the actual texture withing the panel itself. Getting a look much like floor tiles. You just have lots of little copies of the texture in the panel itself.

I think Hong Kong Phooey was a ninja AND a pirate. That was just too much awesome. - Yhor
11-01-08, 02:21 AM   #5
Mordog
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
You could try to set the X/Y-Offset to zero, maybe its just out of screen.
11-01-08, 04:28 AM   #6
WaldoJeffers
A Molten Giant

Thanks folks, I resized it and changed the offsets at the same time, one of them sure did the trick
11-01-08, 06:40 AM   #7
AFerrari
A Deviate Faerie Dragon

Hi

Glad you got it sorted, sorry went offline after i sent my last message, but glad to see others helped.

Aferrari.
11-01-08, 07:39 AM   #8
WaldoJeffers
A Molten Giant

Yup, thanks Just wanted that little graphic above the chat to sorta divide the raid frames.

That'll keep me happy for about a week

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Help/Support » kgPanels Parent