09-27-07, 07:02 AM   #1
Agathorn
A Defias Bandit
Buy less than a full stack?

Is there anyway through the API (or heck even just in game?) to purchase less than a full stack from a merchant?

I've been digging around a bit and havent' found anything, so I thought i'd make one last attempt and post for help.

Specifically, i'm so tried of having to destroy a partial stack of my arrows each time I re-stock. I was thinking of making myself a small add-on to re-stock that would buy a partial stack on that last slot but it seems impossible.
09-27-07, 08:15 AM   #2
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
Check out FreeRefills from wowace. Although it seems to be buying what you need twice atm... I needed 3 Runes of Teleportation and it bought 3, then 3 again - so I ended up with 13. But take a look at that code. I think I saw a new mod on here last week, too, but the name escapes me now...

edit: found it - http://www.wowinterface.com/download...Restocker.html
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

Last edited by Seerah : 09-27-07 at 08:20 AM.
09-27-07, 10:34 AM   #3
Agathorn
A Defias Bandit
I checked out that AddOn and it suffers from the same problem. Arrows at a merchant are in stacks of 200, so it just buys full stacks leaving you with extras.

I guess what i'll just do is have my AddOn destroy the last partial stack that is under a certain threshold. Not optimal as I would rather just top it off, but its looking like I just can't do that
09-27-07, 01:10 PM   #4
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
Oh, sorry, I guess I skimmed over the part about arrows or wasn't thinking of how they come in sets of 300. That's just the way they're sold. You can't tear open a box of crackers at the grocery store because you just want 2 rows of crackers instead of 4... Arrows are cheap. Just get rid of the extras.
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

WoWInterface » Developer Discussions » General Authoring Discussion » Buy less than a full stack?