03-18-13, 05:11 AM   #1
TristanDamian
A Deviate Faerie Dragon

Exclamation [5.2.1 alpha 7] MinimapSetScale blocked

After defeating enemies in instances, I get the following errors (this is from one run through Scholomance):

Code:
87x [ADDON_ACTION_BLOCKED] AddOn "Carbonite" tried to call the protected function "Minimap:SetWidth()".
!BugGrabber-r191-release\BugGrabber.lua:587: in function <!BugGrabber\BugGrabber.lua:587>
<in C code>
Carbonite-5.2.1\NxMap.lua:2516: in function "MinimapSetScale"
Carbonite-5.2.1\NxMap.lua:2452: in function "?"
Carbonite-5.2.1\NxMap.lua:4857: in function "Update"
Carbonite-5.2.1\NxMap.lua:3737: in function <Carbonite\NxMap.lua:3664>

Locals:
nil
Code:
87x [ADDON_ACTION_BLOCKED] AddOn "Carbonite" tried to call the protected function "Minimap:SetHeight()".
!BugGrabber-r191-release\BugGrabber.lua:587: in function <!BugGrabber\BugGrabber.lua:587>
<in C code>
Carbonite-5.2.1\NxMap.lua:2517: in function "MinimapSetScale"

Locals:
nil
Code:
87x [ADDON_ACTION_BLOCKED] AddOn "Carbonite" tried to call the protected function "Minimap:SetScale()".
<in C code>
Carbonite-5.2.1\NxMap.lua:2518: in function "MinimapSetScale"

Locals:
nil
Code:
87x [ADDON_ACTION_BLOCKED] AddOn "Carbonite" tried to call the protected function "Minimap:ClearAllPoints()".
<in C code>
Carbonite-5.2.1\NxMap.lua:2466: in function "?"

Locals:
nil
Code:
87x [ADDON_ACTION_BLOCKED] AddOn "Carbonite" tried to call the protected function "Minimap:SetPoint()".
<in C code>
Carbonite-5.2.1\NxMap.lua:2467: in function "?"

Locals:
nil
Code:
87x [ADDON_ACTION_BLOCKED] AddOn "Carbonite" tried to call the protected function "Minimap:Show()".
<in C code>
Carbonite-5.2.1\NxMap.lua:2469: in function "?"

Locals:
nil
Code:
87x [ADDON_ACTION_BLOCKED] AddOn "Carbonite" tried to call the protected function "Minimap:SetFrameLevel()".
<in C code>
Carbonite-5.2.1\NxMap.lua:2471: in function "?"

Locals:
nil
The list of addons I use is as follows:

Atlasloot
Bugsack
Carbonite 5.2.1 alpha 7
Clique
Deadly Boss Mods
Doom_CooldownPulse
EasyMail 3.5.1
ElvUI (incl. extra chat tweaks)
Grid
Lightheaded
Mailnotifier
Minimap Button Frame
Questhubber
Recount
REPorter
ElvUI Square Minimap Buttons
_Who That Who There

Libraries: Swatter and Stubby

If you need any more information, just ask.

03-18-13, 09:18 AM   #2
TristanDamian
A Deviate Faerie Dragon

The minimap keeps showing the clock as well, even when i have it disabled in the options.

03-19-13, 04:02 PM   #3
TristanDamian
A Deviate Faerie Dragon

Just found out the error occurs whenever I try to open the map with M while I'm in combat. So it also happens outside of instances.
The map won't open when in combat which isn't a big problem, but when the map is opened and I get in combat, it won't close which is a big problem, since I can't see where I'm going at that point.

Last edited by TristanDamian : 03-19-13 at 04:34 PM.

03-20-13, 06:29 AM   #4
TristanDamian
A Deviate Faerie Dragon

Originally Posted by TristanDamian View Post
Just found out the error occurs whenever I try to open the map with M while I'm in combat. So it also happens outside of instances.
The map won't open when in combat which isn't a big problem, but when the map is opened and I get in combat, it won't close which is a big problem, since I can't see where I'm going at that point.
Well, now it seems to give the error without opening the map as well. I get all 7 errors at once (thank God for Bugsack) and they're never exactly the same, but always seem to mention the MinimapUpdate, Update or MinimapSetScale functions. Maybe Carbonite doesn't work well with ElvUI? I have the minimap disabled in the latter.

Code:
Carbonite-5.2.1\NxMap.lua:2397: in function "MinimapUpdate"
Carbonite-5.2.1\NxMap.lua:4483: in function "Update"

Locals:
nil
Code:
Carbonite-5.2.1\NxMap.lua:6981: in function "ClipMMW"
Carbonite-5.2.1\NxMap.lua:2289: in function "MinimapUpdate"

Locals:
nil
Code:
Carbonite-5.2.1\NxMap.lua:2518: in function "MinimapSetScale"
Carbonite-5.2.1\NxMap.lua:6976: in function "ClipMMW"
Carbonite-5.2.1\NxMap.lua:2289: in function "MinimapUpdate"

Locals:
nil

03-20-13, 07:19 AM   #5
JimJoBlue
An Onyxian Warder

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Just to let you know, you are not being ignored.

Have you tried to run Carbonite on it's own with no other addons?
Grid, DBM, recount and Lightheaded you can keep running as I run them with no problems (among the other 80 or so addons I run with)

My finger keeps coming back and pointing at ElvUI though.. There have been quite a few changes to Carb recently and I'm not sure they are gonna change their addon until Rythal has finalised the changes to Carb/Carb2.

I'm sure I have seen the GOpts error before in this forum somewhere.. I'll have a look around, see if I can't find something..

03-20-13, 09:06 AM   #6
TristanDamian
A Deviate Faerie Dragon

It's ElvUI. Tried Carbonite without any addons and there's no problem at all. When I use ElvUI again, the error is back. When I enable everything except for ElvUI, no errors occur as well.
Strange, since I disabled every minimap setting in ElvUI I could find. Bummer
Will let the authors of ElvUI know about this as well, because I can't do without neither

04-27-13, 12:28 PM   #7
TristanDamian
A Deviate Faerie Dragon

I've read on the tukui forums, Rythal and the TukUI/ElvUI author are going to work together on a skinning option for Carbonite, so it'll look great in TukUI/ElvUI. I do believe the above issue should be fixed before doing so though. I've seen a few updates to both addons since I've posted this error, but no solution to the problem yet. Is it being looked into? I can't be the only one with this problem, since it also occurs when I only install those two addons. Any news about it? Or maybe any new tips or tricks to solve this?

04-27-13, 02:17 PM   #8
Pheochan
A Defias Bandit
I've read on the tukui forums, Rythal and the TukUI/ElvUI author are going to work together on a skinning option for Carbonite, so it'll look great in TukUI/ElvUI. I do believe the above issue should be fixed before doing so though. I've seen a few updates to both addons since I've posted this error, but no solution to the problem yet. Is it being looked into? I can't be the only one with this problem, since it also occurs when I only install those two addons. Any news about it? Or maybe any new tips or tricks to solve this?
Someone said they was intergrating the skinning for ElvUI/Tukui but it was not Tukz or Elv. I offered to help whoever it was but no reply. I don't have an issue with just ElvUI and Carbonite. - Azilroka

Last edited by Pheochan : 04-27-13 at 02:18 PM. Reason: Name

04-28-13, 05:43 AM   #9
TristanDamian
A Deviate Faerie Dragon

There's only trouble when merging the minimap into Carbonite. When they are not merged, there are no problems, but I am stuck with an ugly, square minimap. Which I don't want, since I have Carbonite minimized into my right chatpane. Even with every addon removed, WTF and Cache folders deleted and only ElvUI and Carbonite installed, the problem still exists if the minimap is merged. I might be missing some options, but I have everything related to the minimap disabled in ElvUI. I am at a loss here

04-28-13, 12:23 PM   #10
Pheochan
A Defias Bandit
There's only trouble when merging the minimap into Carbonite. When they are not merged, there are no problems, but I am stuck with an ugly, square minimap. Which I don't want, since I have Carbonite minimized into my right chatpane. Even with every addon removed, WTF and Cache folders deleted and only ElvUI and Carbonite installed, the problem still exists if the minimap is merged. I might be missing some options, but I have everything related to the minimap disabled in ElvUI. I am at a loss here
I posted on Tukui for you. I posted a screenshot of the Option to turn the minimap of with a picture of carbonite up and running. I receive no errors at all. I've never used the intergrated minimap option for carbonite the 5-6 years I've used it. I used to support the project back before it became free. - Azilroka

04-29-13, 01:52 AM   #11
Rythal
Featured Artist
Featured
Is this still an issue? Shouldn't be after the last alpha where I added combat checks to stop other UI's from doing stuff it shouldn't.

04-29-13, 03:18 AM   #12
TristanDamian
A Deviate Faerie Dragon

Yes, it is still an issue. Thanks for the replies. I'll try and explain the error and how it occurs as detailed as possible.

1. I install ElvUI and start the game. I set it up, following the ingame, onscreen options.
2. I setup ElvUI to disable the minimap options (General -> Minimap)
3. I exit the game
4. I install the latest Carbonite beta version (5.2.1/Alpha-9r2) and start the game (no other addons installed, just for testing it)
5. I Setup Carbonite by integrating the minimap into Carbonite and resizing and placing it elsewhere on my screen.
6. Up till now there are no errors yet.
7. Now I go into combat and try to open my map. Here I'll get a lot of UI errors, all related to Carbonite and the map won't maximize, or when the map was already open, it won't close.
8. Not sure if the following is related, but everytime I reload the UI, the clock is back, attached to the minimap and so is Carbonite's minimapbutton. I have both of them disabled in Carbonite's options. After disabling the clock, both of them disappear again.

Here are the errors I receive in the latest betaversion (the errors from the stable version are about the same), tested a few minutes minutes ago and captured with Bugsack.
Mind you, I only get these errors when I merge the minimap with Carbonite. When I don't have it merged, there are no errors whatsoever!

Code:
19x [ADDON_ACTION_BLOCKED] AddOn "Carbonite" tried to call the protected function "<unnamed>:SetHeight()".
<in C code>
Carbonite-5.2.1\NxUI.lua:1828: in function "Adjust"
Carbonite-5.2.1\NxUI.lua:2474: in function "SetLayoutMode"
Carbonite-5.2.1\NxUI.lua:2674: in function "ToggleSize"
Carbonite-5.2.1\NxMap.lua:3313: in function "MaxSize"
Carbonite-5.2.1\NxMap.lua:3258: in function "ToggleSize"
Carbonite-5.2.1\NxMap.lua:3159: in function "ToggleFrame"
<string>:"TOGGLEWORLDMAP":1: in function <string>:"TOGGLEWORLDMAP":1

19x [ADDON_ACTION_BLOCKED] AddOn "Carbonite" tried to call the protected function "<unnamed>:SetWidth()".
<in C code>
Carbonite-5.2.1\NxUI.lua:1827: in function "Adjust"

19x [ADDON_ACTION_BLOCKED] AddOn "Carbonite" tried to call the protected function "<unnamed>:SetPoint()".
<in C code>
Carbonite-5.2.1\NxUI.lua:1806: in function "Adjust"

26x [ADDON_ACTION_BLOCKED] AddOn "Carbonite" tried to call the protected function "NxMap1:Raise()".
<in C code>
Carbonite-5.2.1\NxUI.lua:2464: in function "SetLayoutMode"

19x [ADDON_ACTION_BLOCKED] AddOn "Carbonite" tried to call the protected function "NxMap1:SetScale()".
<in C code>
Carbonite-5.2.1\NxUI.lua:2457: in function "SetLayoutMode"

19x [ADDON_ACTION_BLOCKED] AddOn "Carbonite" tried to call the protected function "NxMap1:ClearAllPoints()".
<in C code>
Carbonite-5.2.1\NxUI.lua:2453: in function "SetLayoutMode"
I hope this'll help you out to fix this problem Rythal. I just can't do without Carbonite, it's that good! You're absolutely doing an awesome job here, keeping it alive. Hurray to you!

04-29-13, 08:50 PM   #13
WOWVern
A Cyclonian
Can you turn off BugGrabber? It might be BugGrabber and not Carbonite doing these errors. I'm not 100% certain on that, but I am 90% certain. From the looks of the code, it's BugGrabber causing the conflict.

04-30-13, 05:15 AM   #14
TristanDamian
A Deviate Faerie Dragon

I'll try....

Tried, but I'm still getting the errors, so it's not Buggrabber. Already thought so, since I've tested it with ElvUI and Carbonite only as well.

05-01-13, 11:26 AM   #15
Chmee
A Molten Giant
This looks to me like the "you can't call certain functions in combat" problem. Blizzard's fault, but now Rythal is going to have to find a way to fix it.

05-02-13, 02:34 AM   #16
Rythal
Featured Artist
Featured
It's actually not carbonite's fault... the UI replacements are doing something they shouldn't during combat and causing carbonite's functions to fire... that's why they don't show up when it's only carbonite alone. I'm adding the combat checks into the functions anyways just to play nice with them.

05-03-13, 03:05 PM   #17
TristanDamian
A Deviate Faerie Dragon

That's good to hear Rythal! Can't wait to test it out!

05-23-13, 08:05 AM   #18
TristanDamian
A Deviate Faerie Dragon

This issue still exists, but when I enable compatibility mode, it just does it without giving the error. The map won't enlarge, nor does it minimize when in combat. Issue only exists when the minimap is combined into Carbonite. Error occurs only with ElvUI installed and enabled and with every single ElvUI map option disabled. Guess I'm stuck with this error.

05-23-13, 08:55 AM   #19
TristanDamian
A Deviate Faerie Dragon

Ok, so I managed to narrow it down to ElvUI's actionbars. When I disable them completely, the error is gone and Carbonite functions properly. I can't, for the hell of it, find out what's causing it exactly, because when I enable the actionbars and disable every single option in it, the error still occurs. Will post it on the ElvUI forum as well. I do hope some sort of solution can be found somehow. Why do I always have these weird ass errors... lol

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » Carbonite » Carbonite Archive » [5.2.1 alpha 7] MinimapSetScale blocked