Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
04-24-06, 11:11 AM   #1
Cladhaire
Salad!

Premium Member
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Old PerfectRaid Discussion

I've just uploaded and released the newest beta of PerfectRaid-0.3-Beta. You can find it right here on WoWInterface: http://www.wowinterface.com/download...php?s=&id=4673
Also, please be sure to check out my portal (To report bugs and request new features) at http://cladhaire.wowinterface.com.
---
PerfectRaid is a very efficient set of raid frames, meant to present an alternative to the larger compilations (CT_RaidAssist, Blizzard_RaidUI). This provides an easy way to see the status of your raid (including some detailed information) What this will NOT do is be a 100% stand-in replacement for CT_RaidAssist-- that's not the point.

PerfectRaid is its default mode is a single column of the members of the raid, but I will be adding more layout options as we move forward. It has a very very low memory footprint (150k or so), and only allocates frames when necessary. In a full 40 man raid, PerfectRaid takes up about 200k of memory usage loaded, and has almost no visible impact on your increasing memory rate.

In addition to the status bar, PerfectRaid will catch the following states:

Feign Death - Bar will turn turquoise and FD will be displayed next to it, along with any debuffs still on the player
Soulstone - Purple SS, shows that the player has a soulstone buff active (nice for heading into a fight)
Innervate - Green Inn, will show you when a player has been innervated
Low Mana - Based on the mana threshold (Which you can set) shows a yellow "Mana" when a player is below that mana amount. Only displays for mana users.
Power Infusion - I wanted to see who had it, so it catches this as well =) Shows a green "PwI"
Curse - Shows a red "Cu" when a player is cursed
Magic - Shows a purple "Ma" when a player has a magic debuff
Poison - Shows a green "Po" when a player has a poison debuff
Disease - Shows a brown "Di" when a player is diseased

There are a number of options buried in the slash command handler. You can access a full list by using the /praid slash command. There are a few commands there that do nothing, or are in for testing purposes only. The following is a comprehensive list of the slash commands available:

/praid align {left|right}
* This changes the alignment of the frames from left to right, helpful if you place them on the right side of your screen

/praid {show|hide}
* Shows or Hides the raid frame. This does NOT persist across sessions, so disable PerfectRaid if you don't want to see it =)

/praid reset
* Resets the frame position, and all options to their defaults.

/praid truncate
* Toggles between truncate mode being ON or OFF. When truncate is ON (default) longer names will be truncated. If you turn it OFF, the frames will expand to fit the longest name

/praid backdrop {frame|bar} red green blue alpha
* Sets the backdrop of either the entire WatchDog frame, or just the status bars themselves. RGBA are all numbers between 0 and 1.0, for example Red with no transparency would be:
** /praid backdrop 1.0 0 0 1.0

/praid manathreshold {0-100}
* Sets the threshold at which the low mana indicator ("Mana" in yellow) will be displayed. You can set this to 0 to disable it. 100 doesn't make much sense =)

/praid scale {0.1-2.0}
* Changes the scale

/praid voffset pixels
* Changes the vertical offset of any seperated groups (classes, groups) Only works if you are sorting by that type. Negative numbers move the frames down, so this should always be negative.

/praid sort {class|group|name|groupclass}
* Sorts the raid by class, group, name, or group THEN class.

/praid select {group|class|all|none|number} {1-8|warrior|paladin|druid|rogue|hunter|mage|priest|w arlock|shaman}
* Highlights a section of the raid. Group expects a number between 1-8, while class expects the name of a class. These names are expected in English

/praid filter
* Toggles debuff filter mode. When ON, will only show debuffs that your class can cure.

/praid rangecheck
* Toggles range-checking. When ON will dim the transparency of any units not in range of the spell you are casting. Is only updated when you're casting a spell, but works pretty well
"There's only one thing that I know how to do well and I've often been told that you only can do what you know how to do well, and that's be you-- be what you're like-- be like yourself. And so I'm having a wonderful time, but I'd rather be whistling in the dark..."

Last edited by Cladhaire : 12-20-06 at 12:07 PM.

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » Cladhaire's Mods » PerfectRaid