10-11-13, 05:20 PM   #1
Crablouse
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Exclamation [5.4.0 A2] Carbonite high memory usage

Hi!

With latest carbonite version (5.4.0 A2) I have noticed that Carbonite is (again) eating memory upto 29 MBytes (about 90-200 KBytes per second) before garbage collection frees the memory (about 10.5 MBytes after GC).

I also see a high mouse flickering when I move the mouse over title bar of a carbonite window (quest or map window). The mouse flickers only when the mouse is over a text area of the window title.

Carbonite is working fine so far I see, just want to inform you about this.

Regards,

10-12-13, 12:23 PM   #2
JWMcQuire
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

Yes, when you first log in to a character, Carbonite needs to "collect the garbage" as you say. This will take up some memory and cause lag for a brief time.

I think as long as Carbonite is working well for you after collecting the garbage, then it is working fine. Of course, I too would like to see less lag at login, but it is a small price to pay for it.

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » Carbonite » Carbonite Archive » [5.4.0 A2] Carbonite high memory usage