01-16-10, 09:34 PM   #1
smoothdawg
A Defias Bandit
1024x768

Is there any one out there that is willing to build a ui for video settings of 1024x768 i have had many problems with higher res because i can't read the info it is all to small i really want to have a new ui but i am not smart enough to build my own so i am ask please some one help me out
01-16-10, 10:14 PM   #2
MidgetMage55
Grinch!

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Click the find tab. Click advanced when the screen comes up and type your resolution in to the box, make sure description and if you like title is checked then hit search.

I think Hong Kong Phooey was a ninja AND a pirate. That was just too much awesome. - Yhor
01-17-10, 02:25 AM   #3
Phanx
Cat.

There's nothing magical about "building a UI." Install some addons and set them up. Most addons work "out of the box," so there's very little time involved; pretty much the only thing you'll need to do is arrange the visible elements on screen so that they don't overlap. As you play, you'll notice things about your UI that you don't like, or think of things you wish the UI provided. This will be true whether you're using the default UI, a UI you created yourself, or a UI someone else created and you downloaded. Plus, if you just download someone else's UI, you'll probably end up with lots of addons you don't actually need, sapping your game performance for no benefit to you.

If you don't know which addons you should install, here are some ideas:

1. Play with the default UI for a day and keep a list of all the things you wish it could do, or what bothers you about it. Then, try to find addons that add the features you wanted, or change the things you didn't like.

*or*

2. Look through the "Recently Updated" lists here on WoWInterface.com, and maybe over on Curse.com (though their site's layout is pretty awful).

If you're new to addons, a good starting point is to look for very popular addons. The "Recently Updated" lists on both websites show how many times each addon has been downloaded. If an addon's only been downloaded 6 times, it's probably new, and may be under development, so you should probably avoid it for now.

An addon that's been downloaded 50,000 times, though, has probably been around for a while. Read the description. If it sounds interesting, give it a try! There's no harm in installing an addon, and then deciding you don't like it, or you don't need it, and uninstalling it.

*or*

3. Come up with a list of things you're looking for (raid frames, damage meter, art panels, etc.) and post it here. You'll get lots of suggestions on which addons provide those features!
01-17-10, 04:03 AM   #4
Petrah
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Originally Posted by smoothdawg View Post
Is there any one out there that is willing to build a ui for video settings of 1024x768 i have had many problems with higher res because i can't read the info it is all to small i really want to have a new ui but i am not smart enough to build my own so i am ask please some one help me out
Try nUI. It scales to fit whatever screen rez you're using.

http://nuiaddon.com/
01-22-10, 08:39 PM   #5
smoothdawg
A Defias Bandit
Thank you for the ideas and help i will give that all a try i fig there was more to making one then just addons.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Search/Requests » 1024x768