05-06-10, 03:13 PM   #1
mankeluvsit
An Onyxian Warder

1px border buttons

does anyone have the ui buttons of just a 1px border? i cant stand the default ones.

thanks

05-06-10, 06:54 PM   #2
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
Aren't they in AI-Art?
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

05-06-10, 07:07 PM   #3
mankeluvsit
An Onyxian Warder

yeah, but i dont understand how it works, ive read up on it but i cant figure it out, i usually do 64x64 and they come out spotted.
05-06-10, 08:16 PM   #4
Dawn
A Molten Giant

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
normally, buttons are smaller. A large texture gets screwed up when it needs to fit something smaller (just like it would be vice versa). Try to use 32x32.

"neeh the game wont be remembered as the game who made blizz the most money, it will be remembered as the game who had the most QQ'ers that just couldnt quit the game for some reason..."

05-06-10, 08:30 PM   #5
mankeluvsit
An Onyxian Warder

Originally Posted by Dawn View Post
normally, buttons are smaller. A large texture gets screwed up when it needs to fit something smaller (just like it would be vice versa). Try to use 32x32.
the default buttons (where ive screenshotted) are 64x64
05-06-10, 08:38 PM   #6
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
Don't measure a screenshot. Open up the textures themselves to see what is used, etc.
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

05-06-10, 08:41 PM   #7
Dawn
A Molten Giant

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Maybe, but it's easier to get a "clean border" with a smaller texture to fit a small button. How to explain it ... mhm, let's say the button in game has a size of 28x28 a 64x64 pixel texture will be scaled down and a 1px border might even become "invisible". I don't know the exact size of the normal wow button, but I bet it's way closer to 32x32 than 64x64.

"neeh the game wont be remembered as the game who made blizz the most money, it will be remembered as the game who had the most QQ'ers that just couldnt quit the game for some reason..."

05-06-10, 08:43 PM   #8
mankeluvsit
An Onyxian Warder

Originally Posted by Seerah View Post
Don't measure a screenshot. Open up the textures themselves to see what is used, etc.
64x64 sir.....

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Search/Requests » 1px border buttons