06-04-09, 12:37 AM   #1
ProperMethodz
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Looking for mod (Textures?)

I've spent the greater part of my day looking for an addon.

It's a texture replacement you drop into your interface folder outside of your addons. It's a series of replacements for menus and whatnot.

I can't find it and if anyone knows what I'm talking about please help.
06-04-09, 12:43 AM   #2
Zaydok
An Aku'mai Servant
Originally Posted by ProperMethodz View Post
I've spent the greater part of my day looking for an addon.

It's a texture replacement you drop into your interface folder outside of your addons. It's a series of replacements for menus and whatnot.

I can't find it and if anyone knows what I'm talking about please help.
Are you referring to Skinner?

http://wow.curse.com/downloads/wow-a...s/skinner.aspx
06-04-09, 12:43 AM   #3
MidgetMage55
Grinch!

Sounds like Skinner. Its hosted on curse.

EDIT: Doh Eklypse beat me to it =P

I think Hong Kong Phooey was a ninja AND a pirate. That was just too much awesome. - Yhor

Last edited by MidgetMage55 : 06-04-09 at 12:44 AM. Reason: too slow
06-04-09, 12:48 AM   #4
ProperMethodz
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
No... It's no a mod. It's a texture replacement.

It's put outside your addon folder but inside the interface folder.

Not skinner. It's something that someone spent a lot of time on replacing the WoW textures and I can't find it for the life of me.

It replaces button textures and the like, but doesn't require you to have additional mods like ButtonFacade. This is why I'm looking for it. I don't want a million mods for applying textures when you can replace them at a higher level.

EDIT: And it's on this site...
06-04-09, 12:51 AM   #5
Zaydok
An Aku'mai Servant
Well Skinner is installed inside the Addons folder so not sure about what goes outside of it. But Skinner does replace all of the default Blizz textures. And anything I can think of that does something similar gets installed inside the Addons folder too. So sorry I can't be of more help. Skinner and the SharedMedia addons are the only things that come to mind.
06-04-09, 12:55 AM   #6
ProperMethodz
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Originally Posted by Eklypse View Post
Well Skinner is installed inside the Addons folder so not sure about what goes outside of it. But Skinner does replace all of the default Blizz textures. And anything I can think of that does something similar gets installed inside the Addons folder too. So sorry I can't be of more help. Skinner and the SharedMedia addons are the only things that come to mind.
I'm VERY aware of what Skinner is. I also am VERY aware of what mods are.

I am not looking for Skinner.

You can put texture replacements inside your WoW/interface folder provided you properly put the path which wow looks for during the load of the game itself. You can modify things like the character selection screen and the like (no, not against ToS). It's simple texture replacements and someone has done it, and uploaded the folder.

When I find it, I'll link it. The person I know who found it originally is not online. I lost my HHD yesterday and this one piece is missing from my UI and it's KILLING me.
06-04-09, 01:25 AM   #7
ProperMethodz
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Thanks for all your responses, sorry if I seem short, I'm nerd raging over this though
06-04-09, 02:48 AM   #8
ProperMethodz
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
A friend had the folder, but I still haven't been able to find it on the site.

06-04-09, 03:03 AM   #9
karmamuscle
A Cobalt Mageweaver

I don't know where you can get only the textures or if it is even the same ones, but there are custom textures in the Tribal UI compilation. You can take them from there.

Last edited by karmamuscle : 06-04-09 at 03:05 AM. Reason: Spelling and a missing word
06-04-09, 03:30 AM   #10
Fuzzywuzzy
A Black Drake

Crystal UI:

http://www.wowinterface.com/download...fEternity.html

another UI by same author

http://www.wowinterface.com/download...nUIRemade.html

lots of directories with different gfx in interface folders, don't and haven't used it myself so no clue if it's what you are looking for, but might be worth a try
06-04-09, 10:45 AM   #11
Sepioth
A Molten Giant
FYI .. that is not going into your addons folder. It is going into the interface folder. What ProperMethodz is looking for is not your "typical addon".

What this is doing is "replacing" the default graphics that WoW loads up.

When WoW is loading it sees these folders and loads them instead of the ones in it's own MPQ files. Much like the Sound replacement mods people use. There are also ones here that replace things like the cursor.

Unfortunately ProperMethodz I do not know which particular mod here did that.

If i find it I'll be sure to let you know.

GL

Last edited by Sepioth : 06-04-09 at 10:53 AM.
06-04-09, 11:03 AM   #12
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
Technically, it's not an addon, since it doesn't go in your addons folder. That said, the files are not available for download on this site outside of the compilations that use them. I got it from Elloria's UIs.
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

06-04-09, 11:15 AM   #13
Zyonin
Coffee powered Kaldorei

Yah, I use the textures I ripped out of Tribal UI. So now in my Interface folder I have a bunch of folders besides my AddOns folder. Then again, a good part of that collection of folders contains my own personal graphic tweaks and such.

There was the series of textures that T. King released a few years ago however they were never updated for the new UI panels that got added in 2.0, then later the textures were pulled from WoWI. Not sure why, whether it was by request of the artist or if the server ate them.
06-04-09, 12:08 PM   #14
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
The server ate them. They got lost in a cleanup of old stuff, since they hadn't been touched in years.
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

06-04-09, 12:35 PM   #15
jadakren
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

this chap is referring to the folders that you get when you use the addon interface kit provided by blizzard.
06-04-09, 01:07 PM   #16
nostress
A Deviate Faerie Dragon

Maybe this?
06-04-09, 01:37 PM   #17
Zyonin
Coffee powered Kaldorei

Originally Posted by Seerah View Post
The server ate them. They got lost in a cleanup of old stuff, since they hadn't been touched in years.
WoWI server "burp!"

That is what I thought, I wished I had downloaded those, in particular the Elfwood theme.

@ jadakren: the TribalUI textures are of that nature as was the old T. King packs. A series of textures that go into the Interface folder to overide the default Blizzard textures. I know as I used the Blizzard UI kit to extract some of the textures which I used as a template to create my own textures (things like CastingBar and Nameplate frames.

@ nostress: those same textures (or ones that are really close) are in the TribalUI compilation.

Last edited by Zyonin : 06-04-09 at 01:42 PM.
06-04-09, 01:58 PM   #18
Cralor
Mmm... cookies!!!

Originally Posted by nostress View Post
That is the origin of the files everyone is talking about. All the image files that you see (like TribalUI, etc.) are from Camma.
06-04-09, 02:12 PM   #19
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
Yep. They were never quite finished or updated for 3.0 changes to the UI/additions. But nice, nonetheless.

06-04-09, 02:24 PM   #20
Cralor
Mmm... cookies!!!

Originally Posted by Seerah View Post
Yep. They were never quite finished or updated for 3.0 changes to the UI/additions. But nice, nonetheless.
Unfortunately.

Hopefully it does get finished some time.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Help/Support » Looking for mod (Textures?)