12-19-09, 09:28 PM   #1
Astrocanis
A Black Drake
nUI Infopanel Minimap

... is not playing nicely with carbonite, for some reason. I really like having my minimap available to me and yet also have a focus frame for instances.

When I turn the addon off, though, my minimap and its associated buttons / icons are placed back in the top right corner of my screen.

12-19-09, 10:05 PM   #2
Carz
nUI User-Supporter

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
are you using carbonite as the mini map? If so that is your problem

12-20-09, 08:15 AM   #3
Astrocanis
A Black Drake
Not sure what you mean. I have the minimap infopanel and the carbonite infopanel both running.

I found one of the problems, which was that after disabling the minimap infopanel, I needed to go into General config and set the "nUI manages minimap".

When both infopanels are running, both carbonite and the minimap are overlaid. The only infopanel that carbonite does NOT show in is the carbonite infopanel. I can fix it by going to that infopanel and displaying the carbonite minimap, but the first time I zone anywhere, carbonite is again overlaid (underlaid? lol) in every infopanel except the carbonite infopanel.

Once the minimap infopanel is removed, the checkbox set and the ui reloaded, things work again.

12-20-09, 08:31 AM   #4
Xrystal
nUI Maintainer

Premium Member
I recall a similar problem when I was testing carbonite out for someone. I think there's a certain way to first set up the panel to make it work properly. The only other thing I can think of is that the two panels are using the same ID as I have noticed in the past that that has caused problems with my own plugins.

12-20-09, 08:39 AM   #5
Astrocanis
A Black Drake
The carbonite problem is ongoing. Sometimes it just decides to lose its mind.

I was really hoping to not have to have different sets of mods for "in the world" and instances. I really like taking the minimap out of the middle so that I can set a focus frame and still have the minimap open. Carbonite does me no good in instances, unfortunately.

I generally play healers and in 5 mans, it's nice to focus the tank. In that case, having the minimap tucked to the side is very nice.

12-20-09, 08:46 AM   #6
spiel2001
nUI's Author

I believe there is an option in Carbonite to have it not replace the in-game minimap. Set the option, then you can use Carbonite and the minimap infopanel together.

What people don't get is that I am, ultimately, an artist at heart.
My brush has two colors, 1 and 0, and my canvas is made of silicon.

Official nUI Web Site: http://www.nUIaddon.com
Official nUI Support Forum: http://forums.nUIaddon.com
My day job: http://www.presidio.com/

12-20-09, 09:11 AM   #7
Astrocanis
A Black Drake
Originally Posted by spiel2001 View Post
I believe there is an option in Carbonite to have it not replace the in-game minimap. Set the option, then you can use Carbonite and the minimap infopanel together.
It is set. The problem isn't with the minimap normally. the problem is when I'm using both the carbonite infopanel and the minimap infopanel.

If I just use carbonite and the infopanel, carbonite will sometimes lose its settings and I have to reactivate it in the correct window. With the minimap infopanel up, it happens every single time I rezone.

12-20-09, 11:10 AM   #8
Vis
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Originally Posted by Astrocanis View Post
If I just use carbonite and the infopanel, carbonite will sometimes lose its settings and I have to reactivate it in the correct window. With the minimap infopanel up, it happens every single time I rezone.
I use Carbonite, nUI ( kinda a given here I know :P ) and also the Carb Integration Infopanel. I'm really confused as to what you mean by Carb loses it's settings.

Is Carb showing on a different Infopanel? Maybe overlaying another one it shouldn't be? Not showing at all? Which version of Carb_Infopanel are you using? There's three different ones listed in the Infopanel download area.

I may have misunderstood elsewhere also, but is the WoW minimap integrated into Carbonite?

A screenshot would be very helpful to clearly show what is happening.

12-20-09, 02:30 PM   #9
neuralassassin
A Scalebane Royal Guard

When you hit the info panel button all it does is close or open carbonites map. So if carb is showing in every panel but its own close the map with the x in the top right corner then cycle through the info panel till it opens again. From there on you should be set. I have noticed it losing its positiom when going into instances sometimes but not sure if anything can be done about that.

12-20-09, 10:05 PM   #10
Astrocanis
A Black Drake
Originally Posted by neuralassassin View Post
When you hit the info panel button all it does is close or open carbonites map. So if carb is showing in every panel but its own close the map with the x in the top right corner then cycle through the info panel till it opens again. From there on you should be set. I have noticed it losing its positiom when going into instances sometimes but not sure if anything can be done about that.

Yeah , that's what I've been doing. But when I'm using the minimap infopanel, I have to reset Carbonite every time I zone. And carbonite is not managing the minimap. At least it says it's not lol.

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » nUI, MozzFullWorldMap and PartySpotter » Support » nUI: Bug Reports » nUI Infopanel Minimap