04-13-06, 07:38 PM   #1
wootness
A Defias Bandit
Actionbars, what's your choice?

I have used a lot of action bar addons over 1 year of wow experience, and finally stopped with flexbar.

However, its increasing complexity and system-resource unfriendly nature finally drove me away from it, I also had to reconfigure everything while I was asked to be the orb controller for razorgore since PetBar had to be configured.

This kinda pissed me off so i'm now back to blizzard default action bars.

I would appreciate your advice on helping me finding the ultimate action bar addon.

on a side note, I prefer simplicity, and performance, which is the reason why I never touched any of the discord series, although they are great mods.
04-13-06, 08:05 PM   #2
BRM
A Fallenroot Satyr
My recent find

I have done the actionbar jumping since release and think I have finally found what I need. Hoping to be able to stay w/ these for a good while.

Bongos

Perfect blend of features. Might give a try, new version is awaiting update too.
04-15-06, 04:10 AM   #3
Ashenra
A Murloc Raider
Itried them all and had settled on Dab but since almost every patch breaks them and the author takes SO long to update I finally settled on BONGOS. I agree with previous post ...perfect Blend ...10 bars ,easy (very) to set up and move around.Also NOT bloated with so many features that it takes 10 pages to explain all the functions. IMHO BONGOS rules the roost.
04-15-06, 08:26 AM   #4
gorgeth
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Another vote for bongo's here!

Like the others I have tried and discarded all the others for many reasons..

Best advice I can give.. if you can make do with the functionality provided by bongos, its the best actionbar solution available..

The one major drawback for me.. is the inablity to make "minibars" (you are stuck with 12 packs of buttons on each bar.. )

Minor drawback would be no "single button" bag button (you either have all 5 bag icons or none.. no middle ground)
04-15-06, 10:17 AM   #5
BRM
A Fallenroot Satyr
I do know that Tuller has mentioned in the request part of bongos that mini-bars are a feature he would like to include. I imagine the update we got this week will probably be the last for a short while b/c it sounds as if he wants to devote time to his unitframes project.
04-15-06, 10:35 AM   #6
wootness
A Defias Bandit
Yeah i made the switch to bongos too

truly awesome action bar, props to Tuller for your great creation and hope you can maintain its essence throughout
04-15-06, 11:49 AM   #7
Kyales
A Fallenroot Satyr

I guess I am in the minority here, but I still enjoy using bibmod toolbars. 10 bars easily configured and moved around. With a few other neat features.
04-15-06, 12:23 PM   #8
Whisky
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
I also swear by bibmod. Dunno if its just cause I am used to it or what but its really easy to use. I do wish they would devote a tad bit more time to updateing it but perhaps they are just loseing interest.
04-15-06, 02:23 PM   #9
ostvard
A Murloc Raider

Bibmod for me too. Tried DAB (lots of nice features) but decided that I just needed a set of buttons that were east to setup. Agree with Whisky about the updates though.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Help/Support » Actionbars, what's your choice?