09-21-12, 02:40 PM   #1
Anarric
A Murloc Raider
SpartanUI 3.0 help

I dont know why, but under Party Frames > Display Options, Display Pets is grayed out and is check marked. I know it said in 3.1 more party frames will be coming, if this is a featue coming with 3.1 I can wait and "fix" it that way Also, it appears that it's disabling the Blizz Cast Bar, I turned off every addon I had one by one with no result on the default cast bar. Is there a way to re-enable the Blizz Cast Bar? (I will even settle for an addon that enables the default I'm very particular when it comes to this)

Any help on this would be appreaciated

Thanks

~Anarric
09-21-12, 05:50 PM   #2
jeffy162
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
You should just have to disable Bartender4's cast bar. After doing that you might have to /reload your UI. Cast something and see what happens, I guess.

Unless, of course, you're not using BT4.

Carbonite <----- GitHub main module (Maps ONLY) download link. The other modules are also available on GitHub.
Carbonite-CLASSIC<----- GitHub link to Carbonite Classic. Thanks to ircdirk for this!

Last edited by jeffy162 : 09-21-12 at 05:53 PM.
09-21-12, 07:57 PM   #3
Anarric
A Murloc Raider
Originally Posted by jeffy162 View Post
You should just have to disable Bartender4's cast bar. After doing that you might have to /reload your UI. Cast something and see what happens, I guess.

Unless, of course, you're not using BT4.
I am using BT4, updated an all..how do I disable the cast bar as I dont see it under the options settings?
09-21-12, 09:58 PM   #4
Phanx
Cat.

Bartender4 is an action bar addon. It doesn't do anything with cast bars.
09-21-12, 10:58 PM   #5
Anarric
A Murloc Raider
Originally Posted by Phanx View Post
Bartender4 is an action bar addon. It doesn't do anything with cast bars.
Well that explains why I didn't see it under options..so what else can I try?
09-22-12, 12:21 AM   #6
jeffy162
A Pyroguard Emberseer

My apologies.

It has been quite some time since I actually used Bartender, and going through its folder there used to be a "MultiCastBar.lua" file that led me to believe that it did something with the cast bar. I simply can't remember if it did when I used it (which was around four years ago). It was in the Bartender4 folder as late as v4.5-MoP-beta3. However, having just installed it to check (v4.5.4) I see that file is no longer included. Which explains why you couldn't find anything about a cast bar in BT4's options. Perhaps it never did do anything with the cast bar. As I've already said, I simply can't remember. Sorry.

Again, I apologize.

That being said: Phanx, Dominos is also an action bar replacement. However, it includes a cast bar module.

Carbonite <----- GitHub main module (Maps ONLY) download link. The other modules are also available on GitHub.
Carbonite-CLASSIC<----- GitHub link to Carbonite Classic. Thanks to ircdirk for this!
09-22-12, 01:08 AM   #7
Fizzlemizz
I did that?

Premium Member
I think the relevent section is
I turned off every addon I had one by one with no result on the default cast bar
Asuming Spartan was the only addon excluded from this process, it would seem that the problem is indeed with Spartan, or possibly an addon library that starts with ! and turns off the cast bar by default and that's just a shot in the dark.

Another possibility is a difference between MoP beta and 5.0.x (if the Spartan author is releasing code based purely on beta). I'm experiencing these differences with DUF (yeah, yeah I know, lots of pre-historic code ), although on a cast bar level it has only been to do with fishing (DUF doesn't use the default cast bar).

Last edited by Fizzlemizz : 09-22-12 at 02:08 AM.
09-22-12, 01:52 AM   #8
Phanx
Cat.

Originally Posted by jeffy162 View Post
It has been quite some time since I actually used Bartender, and going through its folder there used to be a "MultiCastBar.lua" file that led me to believe that it did something with the cast bar.
The MultiCastBar was the special action bar shamans got for managing their totems before Patch 5.0.4.
09-22-12, 01:57 AM   #9
jeffy162
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Originally Posted by Phanx View Post
The MultiCastBar was the special action bar shamans got for managing their totems before Patch 5.0.4.
Ah. Thank you, Phanx. Even more egg on my face. Good thing I like eggs!

09-22-12, 08:27 AM   #10
Lordyfrb
A Cliff Giant
I've just had a quick look at the code for SpartanUI and to remove the cast bar do the following:

Comment out the lines 150 to 171 inclusive from the file SpartanUI_PlayerFrames\Global-Framework.lua
Lua Code:
  1. do -- cast bar
  2.             local cast = CreateFrame("StatusBar",nil,self);
  3.             cast:SetFrameStrata("BACKGROUND"); cast:SetFrameLevel(2);
  4.             cast:SetWidth(153); cast:SetHeight(16);
  5.             cast:SetPoint("TOPLEFT",self,"TOPLEFT",36,-23);
  7.             cast.Text = cast:CreateFontString(nil, "OVERLAY", "SUI_FontOutline10");
  8.             cast.Text:SetWidth(135); cast.Text:SetHeight(11);
  9.             cast.Text:SetJustifyH("RIGHT"); cast.Text:SetJustifyV("MIDDLE");
  10.             cast.Text:SetPoint("LEFT",cast,"LEFT",4,0);
  12.             cast.Time = cast:CreateFontString(nil, "OVERLAY", "SUI_FontOutline10");
  13.             cast.Time:SetWidth(90); cast.Time:SetHeight(11);
  14.             cast.Time:SetJustifyH("RIGHT"); cast.Time:SetJustifyV("MIDDLE");
  15.             cast.Time:SetPoint("RIGHT",cast,"LEFT",-2,0);
  17.             self.Castbar = cast;
  18.             self.Castbar.OnUpdate = OnCastbarUpdate;
  19.             self.Castbar.PostCastStart = PostCastStart;
  20.             self.Castbar.PostChannelStart = PostChannelStart;
  21.             self.Castbar.PostCastStop = PostCastStop;
  22.         end
They'll be this bit of code, that creates the player cast bar, commenting out these will remove the built in one and enable the blizzard cast bar.

then you'll need to reanchor the health bar, so on line 176 there will be this:
Lua Code:
  1. health:SetPoint("TOPLEFT",self.Castbar,"BOTTOMLEFT",0,-2);
Change it to this:
Lua Code:
  1. health:SetPoint("TOPLEFT",self,"TOPLEFT",36,-39);

Hopefully this will help you out.
09-22-12, 01:11 PM   #11
Anarric
A Murloc Raider
Updated:: Lordyfrb this fixed it!! The default blizzard cast bar is back , however my portrait is there but I do not have health, mana/focus etc. It's just black. I will double check everything and make yet another update. I appreciate the help with this everyone

Got it, I forgot to remove self.Castbar health + mana/focus/eng etc shows up fine.

Now for two questions that I can live without, just speculating if you will lol!

1) Is there a way to show party member's target within the party frame?
I thought Spartan used to do this, where if say Party Member 3 was targeting a rat, it would have a little target box next to their Party Portrait of a rat.

2) Is there a way to keep the self portarit cast bar AND the blizzard default cast bar?
The old Spartan used to do this. LOL, I get the feeling it's like "I just fixed it for you..you can't have your cake and eat it to"

As I've said, I am very thankful for all the help guys and that Spartan is back up and running.

Last edited by Anarric : 09-22-12 at 02:23 PM.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Help/Support » SpartanUI 3.0 help