01-06-07, 07:07 AM   #641
Ziot
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
You can't find it cuz it's closed beta

01-06-07, 01:11 PM   #642
illumnat
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Ah, for some reason I thought that post meant it had moved to open beta. Well... looking forward to the public release!

01-06-07, 03:32 PM   #643
arathel
A Defias Bandit

Just found this UI, and it looks great Cant wait to try it out

01-06-07, 03:35 PM   #644
Mechrior
A Chromatic Dragonspawn

Thumbs up Beta Release

I may be wrong on this, if so then will mazzle or Tiger or one of the higher up's let me know.

As far as i can work out illuminat there will be no "open beta". Mazzle plans to work all the beta testers to make sure they get 99% of the bugs out and then release to the public with a UI that shouldnt have problems and will work like a dream..... much like the original.

This way they dont get too inundated with massive amounts of reports for the same bug. I know it's not always that simple and different systems and configurations will ALWAYS bring up a problem here and there but the mazzle team are good at what they do, so lets leave it in their capable hands.

Just wish I could get a damn copy of BC:CE. All the copies in my town have been pre-ordered...... It has really annoyed me cause Game and Gamestation both tolld me they werent accepting pre-orders EVERY time i asked.

Hope that helped a little.

01-06-07, 06:53 PM   #645
Mazzlefizz
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by Mechrior
I may be wrong on this, if so then will mazzle or Tiger or one of the higher up's let me know.

As far as i can work out illuminat there will be no "open beta". Mazzle plans to work all the beta testers to make sure they get 99% of the bugs out and then release to the public with a UI that shouldnt have problems and will work like a dream..... much like the original.

This way they dont get too inundated with massive amounts of reports for the same bug. I know it's not always that simple and different systems and configurations will ALWAYS bring up a problem here and there but the mazzle team are good at what they do, so lets leave it in their capable hands.

Just wish I could get a damn copy of BC:CE. All the copies in my town have been pre-ordered...... It has really annoyed me cause Game and Gamestation both tolld me they werent accepting pre-orders EVERY time i asked.

Hope that helped a little.
Open beta or release or whatever you want to call it will be coming as soon as I get a few more issues worked out. The scope of this just produces a lot of items for my to-do list and it's hard to do them alone with limited time.

The main roadblock right now is getting rid of some of these blocking errors in battlegrounds. Did I mention I hate the 2.0 patch? So much convolution to prevent so few things.

01-06-07, 08:19 PM   #646
herel
A Murloc Raider
Hey Mazzle take your time dont worry if people are impatient. If you feel the UI is not ready then it is not ready. But thank you for making a great and easy to understand mod.

01-07-07, 06:16 AM   #647
Mechrior
A Chromatic Dragonspawn

Talking

Originally Posted by Mazzlefizz
The main roadblock right now is getting rid of some of these blocking errors in battlegrounds. Did I mention I hate the 2.0 patch? So much convolution to prevent so few things.
Is it possible to release a version now that doesnt contain PVP support?
This is gonna sound selfish but I dont PVP at all, so the BG support doesnt really concern me that much. But I do understand your want/need to make sure the UI works for everyone first time round.

Thanks and I hope the devils of 2.0 rest in peices soon enough!

01-07-07, 09:36 AM   #648
Aygen
A Chromatic Dragonspawn

Originally Posted by Mechrior
Is it possible to release a version now that doesnt contain PVP support?
This is gonna sound selfish but I dont PVP at all, so the BG support doesnt really concern me that much. But I do understand your want/need to make sure the UI works for everyone first time round.

Thanks and I hope the devils of 2.0 rest in peices soon enough!
I'm going out on a limb here ... and going to say: "No."

01-07-07, 01:07 PM   #649
Ziot
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Originally Posted by Aygen
I'm going out on a limb here ... and going to say: "No."
Let's hope mazzle says yes though

Btw if you wanted a CE, you had to pre-order in November, at least where i live

01-07-07, 02:02 PM   #650
Kraki
An Aku'mai Servant
in the version that was released previously, you could choose the type of addons you wanted installed during the mazzification process. So while she probably won't be releasing a version that doesn't have any of the pvp stuff included, you can very easily disable it during configuration, they will not be loaded.

01-07-07, 02:19 PM   #651
Lethalweapon
A Cyclonian
no mean to rush at all mazzle but do you have an eta at any point? I know you stated there are some bg issues but is that all?

01-07-07, 03:01 PM   #652
Mischief
A Murloc Raider
I'm sure Mazzle prob does want to wait until everything is complete before release, but just my 2 cents. I don't PvP either so if there's any chance of a release w/o BG support, I'm all for it! My boyfriend does alot of PvP'ing but he's missing the UI alot as well, I'd bet he'd like the ui back even if he had to wait a little longer for the BG support. He's one of the unfortunate ones that just got the UI a couple days before the patch. Even though he only had those couple of days, he was hooked just like the rest of us. Whatever Mazzle's decision though, I'm cool. I certainly appreciate all the hard work that's gone into it. A big thanks goes out to both Mazzle and Tiger!

01-07-07, 03:50 PM   #653
Mazzlefizz
A Pyroguard Emberseer

It doesn't necessarily have anything to do with pvp add-ons or pvp support. It just happens that we've only seen these errors in battlegrounds. So far, very few of the issues actually had anything to do with add-ons intended only for pvp. Frankly, I haven't been doing any playing or raiding since 2.0, so I have no idea whether they occur in other contexts as well. I wouldn't be surprised if they did.

01-07-07, 04:50 PM   #654
Aygen
A Chromatic Dragonspawn

Well i'm glad that they are getting worked out in any rate

Can't wait for the release

01-07-07, 05:20 PM   #655
SilverHand
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
It doesn't necessarily have anything to do with pvp add-ons or pvp support. It just happens that we've only seen these errors in battlegrounds. So far, very few of the issues actually had anything to do with add-ons intended only for pvp. Frankly, I haven't been doing any playing or raiding since 2.0, so I have no idea whether they occur in other contexts as well. I wouldn't be surprised if they did.
Curious. What is (not asking for a Bug report, just a kind of general statement) the error? Is it minor/major? Is it just a Blizzard bug? For example, the "A Script has been blocked from an action only available to the Blizzard UI" messages that show up because Blizzard made an oopsie.

Everytime I check back and re-read the Change Logs, I grow a little more in love. I've never used this compilation, but sure as hell do i want to check it out. Bouvi, i love you to death, but damn, i think you're gradually getting pwnt.

01-07-07, 05:37 PM   #656
Mechrior
A Chromatic Dragonspawn

Talking Errors

Thanks for the reply again Mazzle. Hope Blizz arent messing you around too much..... as your following grows im sure blizz will have to take notice and maybe change a few things! lol.... here's hoping anyway.

having to mess with all these seperate UI components and make them work together is annoying plus your UI always looked so visually nice!

01-07-07, 08:33 PM   #657
Mazzlefizz
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Originally Posted by SilverHand
Curious. What is (not asking for a Bug report, just a kind of general statement) the error? Is it minor/major? Is it just a Blizzard bug? For example, the "A Script has been blocked from an action only available to the Blizzard UI" messages that show up because Blizzard made an oopsie.

Everytime I check back and re-read the Change Logs, I grow a little more in love. I've never used this compilation, but sure as hell do i want to check it out. Bouvi, i love you to death, but damn, i think you're gradually getting pwnt.
Yes, they are blocked action errors.

And I think what you said about Bouvi isn't fair. His goals are quite different, and from what I hear, he does a great job. Comparing what this does well to what he doesn't try to do isn't a sensical comparison, IMO.

01-07-07, 10:47 PM   #658
Aygen
A Chromatic Dragonspawn

I agree, Bouvi's UI is awsome in it's own respect. I've used it on a friends computer. Only reason i'm not using it now is I dont have a widescreen monitor >_<;; I'll still choose mazzle over it anyday though ...

01-08-07, 09:56 AM   #659
blbjtb
A Cyclonian
Small problem im running into

Hey Im running into a problem with .91b and would love some help. How do I get back my bar that has the lfg character help ticket request lag bar ect as well as my backpacks? I understand that many of the buttons have hot keys however there is no hot key (that i know of) inorder to submit the help ticket so i usually end up /mazzify and that will give it back to me for at least that play session. Thanks!

01-08-07, 03:15 PM   #660
SilverHand
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Yes, they are blocked action errors.

And I think what you said about Bouvi isn't fair. His goals are quite different, and from what I hear, he does a great job. Comparing what this does well to what he doesn't try to do isn't a sensical comparison, IMO.
Well, it also isn't fair as I didn't point out that it's not his fault Discord UI Builder isn't-working/is-dead/isn't-updated/what-have-you. At least, it wasn't last time I checked. Time to go check again... I 'spose. A month after 2.0 and some of us are still scrambling to fix certain aspects of our old UIs

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Help/Support » MazzleUI