02-08-06, 02:20 PM   #1
Tocho
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Chat Windows Disapearing

I really don't know where to put this question, this is not a Discord Action Bars, nor, specifically a CT mod problem, so please bear with me.

Recently, I found that I had to reset my Discord Action Bars every single time I zoned. My bags and main bar (1) would slide, horizontally, vertically or both ways, for no apparent reason. I had updated my CTmod components and that seemed to coincide with the slide. However, when I disabled the CT Mod the bars still slid, so I removed DAB, and just used the CTmod bars.

I had been using 3 [edit: changed #] chat windows, only one with tabs. Everything was "working" until I logged in the next day, and suddenly I was down to 1 chat window, with no tabs. Thinking they poofed for some odd-add-on reason, I tried to create new windows. Nothing happened, however, I did discover there was a limit to how many chat windows you could create, since after about the 3rd attempt, "Create New Chat Window" was no longer an option.

I then went into my WTF folder and found the saved variable file, and deleted all but one of the chat windows in there. When I logged back in, I found that I had TWO chat windows. (yes, I am sure I deleted all but one) However, again when I tried to create new windows, nothing happened, though I eventually reached the max chat window limit.

Next I disabled all add-ons, logged back in, no new chat windows, except the two that were there before.

I have no clue where the other windows went, or for that matter, what I might do to get them back. Any help would be appreciated.

Tocho
02-09-06, 07:50 AM   #2
Tocho
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Problem Solution

Ok, solved this one myself, posting "solution" so in case anyone else encounters the issue they have a place to start.

Deleted "layout-cache" and "chat-cache" from WTF --> Account --> Account Name --> Character folder.

Interestingly, doing this brought back all of the original chat windows, in thier original positions complete with their original settings from before the windows poofed in the first place.

Tocho

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Help/Support » Chat Windows Disapearing