04-16-07, 12:05 PM   #1
floplag
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
cant mazzify new toons...

i tried looking through the help threads and havent seen anything about this, if i missed it, i apologize

that having been said, since last patch, if i create a new toon, i cannot mazzify it. the initial mazzify screen comes up, lets me make all the changes...but when you hit mazzify me, it just kinda stalls

i was able to copy setting manually from the WTF folder from one toon to another to get them to work, but there were a few oddities

just wondering if im the only one seeing this and any ideas on how to clear it up

thanks again for an awesome interface
04-16-07, 01:18 PM   #2
Lery
A Black Drake
I get the same thing now on new toons as well. As requested in other threads here is the bug sack errors that I can grab.

[2007/04/16 15:14:22-61-x1]: MazzleUI-1.0\MazzleUI_Utilities.lua:148: bad argument #1 to 'next' (table expected, got nil)

---

Then I type /reloadui and wait. Things still looked all F'ed up so I do the mazzify again. This time I get:

[2007/04/16 15:16:24-62-x1]: Interface\FrameXML\ChatFrame.lua:3094: AceConsole-2.0: AceConsole-2.0: Option handler "IsActive" not found.:

---

Edit: Also should be noted this for me is on an upgrade option not a Complete Configuration. I already have a character that is mazzified

Last edited by Lery : 04-16-07 at 01:31 PM.
04-16-07, 01:32 PM   #3
BubbbleButt
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Haha, had this problem too but to fix it, when it freezes just type /reloadui
then itll reload the ui, pop open the mazzifyer(sp??) and then just hit next next next next Mazz Me then the button to complete the process. For some reason I think there is a mazz process that keeps looping or something but yea thats what I do when I make a new toon XD

(Bubbble)
04-16-07, 01:39 PM   #4
Lery
A Black Drake
Originally Posted by BubbbleButt
Haha, had this problem too but to fix it, when it freezes just type /reloadui
then itll reload the ui, pop open the mazzifyer(sp??) and then just hit next next next next Mazz Me then the button to complete the process. For some reason I think there is a mazz process that keeps looping or something but yea thats what I do when I make a new toon XD

(Bubbble)

Yeah I sort of did that, but it still does not work out ok. So now I'm am trying to do different parts of the mazzify. Layouts, buttons, etc. etc.
04-16-07, 02:41 PM   #5
Ratheri
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

There seems to be a problem with running the mazzifier the very first time a character is played. It takes a little longer, but if you simply logout and log back in before mazzifying, you will have no problems whatsoever.
04-16-07, 03:01 PM   #6
floplag
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
ill check that tonight and post results. if thats all it is, no biggie
04-16-07, 05:18 PM   #7
Lery
A Black Drake
No go on the logout and logon thing. Whenever I hit Mazzify button I get this in bugsack:

Interface\FrameXML\ChatFrame.lua:3094: AceConsole-2.0: AceConsole-2.0: Option handler "IsActive" not found.:

---

I have read other threads talking about other add-ons, of which I have not loaded. I might just re-download and install again. I do not have anything important saved.
04-16-07, 07:26 PM   #8
Capt InsaneO
A Defias Bandit
ok ive had the same problem and found one way to fix it.. rename interface folder and delete the WTF and start over but make sure you mazzy up all your toons BEFORE u download a new and updated mods.. Thats the problem I was having, just getting a necro mod, rogue mod or somthing for the Fubar added to the UI gave me errors when I tryed to mazzy up a alt..

1st massy up your toons
2nd install the other mods u might be useing
04-16-07, 09:36 PM   #9
jaedrian
A Murloc Raider
this is why i stopped using mazzle. It is stated in at least one spot that you should not manually update or add addons as the ones included with mazzle are tweaked to work with mazzle. So sadly yes, you will probably encounter errors when trying to update yourself. At least, that is how i understand your issues. The best thing to do is go to the mazzle suggest forums and suggest an addon that you are using. If you can explain why an addon you like is better than what is used or needs to be added, Mazzle may add it and make sure it works properly. Good luck.

If i'm off mark, disregard my comments.
04-17-07, 06:25 AM   #10
Mazzlefizz
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by jaedrian
this is why i stopped using mazzle. It is stated in at least one spot that you should not manually update or add addons as the ones included with mazzle are tweaked to work with mazzle. So sadly yes, you will probably encounter errors when trying to update yourself. At least, that is how i understand your issues. The best thing to do is go to the mazzle suggest forums and suggest an addon that you are using. If you can explain why an addon you like is better than what is used or needs to be added, Mazzle may add it and make sure it works properly. Good luck.

If i'm off mark, disregard my comments.
Yeah, you're a bit off. As I've said in multiple places, you can update, you just have to be careful. It's a caveat more than anything.
04-17-07, 09:22 AM   #11
Origin
A Defias Bandit

Don't know if this info helps anyone but I update all the ace addons daily, without externals, except for topscorefu and ratings buster.

Those are the only 2 that throw errors at me if I try to update, otherwise I get 0 errors.

Also binned chronographer and replaced with DoTimer, with 0 errors.

Added other addons as well with 0 errors.

I can't see why people have so much problems with updating, just do what I do, backup addons before updating so you can revert if something goes titsup, common sense really.

*Edit*

Opps, back to the original topic, when mazzle hangs with errors just /console reloadui and remazzify, rinse and repeat until everything works, can take 3 - 4 remazzifies.

BTW: This has to be the best compilation ever, props to mazzlefizz

Last edited by Origin : 04-17-07 at 09:26 AM.
04-17-07, 10:12 AM   #12
floplag
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
agreed, this is the best package ive seen or used. major props and hopes for continued updates

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Help/Support » cant mazzify new toons...