Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
04-28-14, 12:02 AM   #1
Tactica
Not Amused

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Explorer Coords

Explorer Coords is an addon that checks areas to explore for achievements in wow. This addon hasn't been fully updated since Cataclysm. At first I thought parsing the Pandaria criteria and incorporating it into the code would work however there are still some issues. I have attempted to contact DarkStarX who is the author but can't get a response.

Just wondering if anyone could take a look at this. Full code file here

Note: this is a cross post!

Originally Posted by Woogs View Post
Quickly skimming through it looks like there are two tables in explorer_data.lua:

1) ExplorerCoordInit - The structure is: ExplorerCoordInit[achievementID][zoneID][assetID] = table with x and y coords for a minimap icon to use with Astrolabe library
Achievement ID and zone ID can easily be determined using wowhead. Asset ID is the 8th return value from GetAchievementCriteriaInfo(); you can cycle through the criteria on an achievement and print the name and asset IDs (the name will help you assign the right coords). As for the x and y coords, I have no idea how they were determined.

2) ExplorerCoordMapIt - The structure is: ExplorerCoordMapIt[achievementID][zoneID] = areaID
Achievement ID and zone ID can easily be determined using wowhead. The area ID can be determined in-game by going to each area and using GetCurrentMapAreaID() and printing the result.
- - - Updated - - -

http://wowpedia.org/MapID

http://wowprogramming.com/docs/api/G...ntMapContinent
There are now 6 continents since the addon was last updated. As far as I know there isn't a function that returns the number of map continents, so you will have to hardcode the number of continents.
Added the code:
Code:
function ExplorerCoords_OnLoad()
	--if not (ExplorerCoord) then
		--ExplorerCoords_Init();
	 --end
    ExplorerCoordsFrame:RegisterEvent("ADDON_LOADED");
	Exp_ZoneNames[1] = { GetMapZones(1) } ;
	Exp_ZoneNames[2] = { GetMapZones(2) } ;
	Exp_ZoneNames[3] = { GetMapZones(3) } ;
	Exp_ZoneNames[4] = { GetMapZones(4) } ;
	Exp_ZoneNames[5] = { GetMapZones(5) } ;
        Exp_ZoneNames[6] = { GetMapZones(6) } ;
Code:
local function GetZoneInfo(zonename)
	for i=1,#Exp_ZoneNames do
		for index,value in pairs(Exp_ZoneNames[i]) do
			if (value == zonename) then
				return i,index;
			end
		end
	end

end
Upon opening the world map this error returns, which occurred before a "workaround" a few years back (see ticket) or comment:
1x ExplorerCoords\ExplorerCoords-v1.36.5.lua:183: attempt to index field "?" (a nil value)
ExplorerCoords\ExplorerCoords-v1.36.5.lua:183: in function "ExplorerCoords_UpdateMap"
ExplorerCoords\ExplorerCoords-v1.36.5.lua:135: in function "ExplorerCoords_OnEvent"
<string>:"*:OnEvent":1: in function <string>:"*:OnEvent":1
I compared the two core.lua's before said "workaround" and the only difference was GetCurrentMapContinent() was added:
Code:
function ExplorerCoords_UpdateMap(whichmap)
	ExplorerCoords_ClearNotes(whichmap);

if(whichmap=="world" and GetCurrentMapZone()<1 or GetCurrentMapContinent()==6) then
	  return;
	end
Any suggestions? Still parsing all the PandaLand data here...and ~1000 lines to comment on

Last edited by Tactica : 04-28-14 at 12:04 AM.

WoWInterface » Developer Discussions » General Authoring Discussion » Explorer Coords