01-08-15, 06:37 PM   #1
matrixchild
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Goto no longer working

Just today I noticed that /way and /carb goto no longer function. I have downloaded the latest git release and restarted wow.
01-09-15, 01:14 AM   #2
atl77
A Chromatic Dragonspawn
That's strange, because it still works for me:

Code:
/way 30.1 35.2
Maybe you forgot the last digits? They're required, even if they're 0.
01-09-15, 10:44 AM   #3
Rythal
Featured Artist
Featured
He means out of zone waypoints do not work, it's something I already knew and was trying to decide the best way to restore it.

You use to be able to /goto Stormwind 44 32

You could even use just partial name /goto Storm 44 32 would place it in the first zone that matches Storm

But now Carbonite has no idea the map names to translate it. I could just restore the map names but that leads to the original reason map names were removed, /goto nagrand would have no idea which nagrand.
01-09-15, 02:07 PM   #4
atl77
A Chromatic Dragonspawn
If there are multiple matches for the same position, we could display a list to let the user choose; internally, the list is linked to a waypoint with a mapid instead of the name. We could iterate over Nx.Zones and find those whose beginning match the string (or if its already a map id, use that one).

Last edited by atl77 : 01-09-15 at 02:39 PM.
01-09-15, 02:29 PM   #5
Rythal
Featured Artist
Featured
What I really need to find out is how Tomtom is doing it and handling it. The entire reason /way was added as an alias to /carb goto was to maintain the ability for people to create macro's that worked with either one, so if someone went to wowhead and saw a comment saying:

"easy pathing macro for tomtom"
/way westfall 33.9 33.2 Bucket behind tree
/way elwynn 48.2 48.1 Under the hogs head
/way redridge 88.2 48.9 Look up look way up

The exact same macro would work for Carb.
01-10-15, 01:39 AM   #6
atl77
A Chromatic Dragonspawn
In that case, we should probably chose either the closest one or the one closest to the player's level (e.g. old Nagaland for players below level 90).

It is far easier to chose the id closest to the current id (which is probably also the desired behaviour). I have just committed a fix to just do that.

Last edited by atl77 : 01-10-15 at 07:40 AM.

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » Carbonite » Carbonite: Maps (Main AddOn) » Goto no longer working