10-10-09, 09:39 AM   #1
Snoweh
A Cyclonian

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Boss Raid Frame

Hi, been trying to search for a simple addon that will display the boss's health etc, Kinda like DBM does (Due to some unknown reason dbm dosnt work for me, so im looking for a standalone for this feature)

Edit: Like this

Last edited by Snoweh : 10-10-09 at 02:17 PM.
10-11-09, 08:27 AM   #2
v6o
An Onyxian Warder
Not sure there is a standalone, the feature is usually a part of the boss mod.

If you need to contact me, do so on Twitter @v6ooo

Best regards, v6.
10-11-09, 09:49 AM   #3
Snoweh
A Cyclonian

I use bigwigs, and im pretty sure that dosn't have it
10-11-09, 10:02 AM   #4
tinyu
A Molten Giant

cant you just target the boss to see how much HP it has or set it as your focus target?
10-11-09, 10:41 AM   #5
Petrah
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Better yet.... you could attempt to figure out why DBM doesn't work for you. Try posting over at their official forums.

http://www.deadlybossmods.com/
10-12-09, 03:53 PM   #6
Snoweh
A Cyclonian

Originally Posted by tinyu View Post
cant you just target the boss to see how much HP it has or set it as your focus target?
Im too busy healing ^^,

Originally Posted by Petrah View Post
Better yet.... you could attempt to figure out why DBM doesn't work for you. Try posting over at their official forums.

http://www.deadlybossmods.com/
Well i don't really use DBM anymore, i use Bigwigs. I'd rather have a standalone for this as i've seen people with dbm have requent problems, where as bigwigs is always fine.
10-12-09, 03:57 PM   #7
Soulofsin_007
A Flamescale Wyrmkin
One of the bigger issues with it would be you would have to have other people to rely on for the data would you? I don't think you can grab monster info unless you are targeting it...I could be wrong.
10-12-09, 10:36 PM   #8
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
Right. You can't access info about a mob's health without either a) having the mob targeted or focused, or b) that mob being the target of another valid unit (a party/raid member, your target, etc)

It would be much easier for you to focus the boss. This is what most other healers do.
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

10-13-09, 04:10 AM   #9
Wimpface
A Molten Giant

Originally Posted by Seerah View Post
It would be much easier for you to focus the boss. This is what most other healers do.
Me included, but look at his screenshot, you can't have 4 focus frames. It's for fights like those that it's nifty to have, and also on Thaddius, Stallagg and Feugen are nasty but as a DPS it's okay. As you target one and focus the other. As a healer though, it's a lot harder.

But yes, focusing on bosses such as Patchwerk would certainly work, but not on 4H where it's really needed.
10-13-09, 05:36 AM   #10
Dawn
A Molten Giant

Why do healer need to know targets health, anyway? But on the other hand. I don't even use bossmods, they are full of spam. So I might have no idea what kind of useless info someone could need. :P

Yeah this is a rant, but TBH... especially in Naxxramas it's so god damn easy mode, already.
10-13-09, 06:53 AM   #11
Wimpface
A Molten Giant

Yeah, but having an overview, knowing when the fight's about to end so you can manage mana better, etc etc. makes a very big difference sometimes. Also, bossmods aren't useless info, they're there to make life easier on fights that are actually hard (Algalon comes to mind.), besides, I'd rather see what's going on than run around in darkness like an ostrich with it's head in the sand.

Naxxramas is easy as hell, it's not needed in there. But this wasn't limited to Naxxramas.
10-13-09, 08:48 AM   #12
Dawn
A Molten Giant

Seems like I'm just conservative. Especially since Blizzad introduced a lot more raid warnings for boss fights to the default interface. And after all a clean UI makes up for way more than a screen full of bars, timers and stuff like that. I enjoy watching what happens around me and react because of things I see and things I know that come - learning and knowing a bossfight is more interesting than just staring on timers - rather than reacting because a timer tells me so. I always have to grin when I hear people in shockvoice/ventrilo/etc. complain about boss timers being incorrect for a few seconds and they die or **** things up, because they rely on them. For me, that's like having a timer in RL for everything and you can "safely" *cough* stop thinking, because it tells you the bus in front of you needs 3.2 seconds until it hits you and you are leaving the street in 3.0 seconds. Must be fine, no hurry! :P

A little more on topic. I still don't see healers needing such information, at all. Mana management shouldn't be an issue. Either everything works as intended and you have the mana for it or something (i.e your playstyle, people making mistakes and eating to much damage, whatever...) is wrong, anyway.

Just my 2 cents.
10-15-09, 04:55 AM   #13
Snoweh
A Cyclonian

Originally Posted by Dawn View Post
Seems like I'm just conservative. Especially since Blizzad introduced a lot more raid warnings for boss fights to the default interface. And after all a clean UI makes up for way more than a screen full of bars, timers and stuff like that. I enjoy watching what happens around me and react because of things I see and things I know that come - learning and knowing a bossfight is more interesting than just staring on timers - rather than reacting because a timer tells me so. I always have to grin when I hear people in shockvoice/ventrilo/etc. complain about boss timers being incorrect for a few seconds and they die or **** things up, because they rely on them. For me, that's like having a timer in RL for everything and you can "safely" *cough* stop thinking, because it tells you the bus in front of you needs 3.2 seconds until it hits you and you are leaving the street in 3.0 seconds. Must be fine, no hurry! :P

A little more on topic. I still don't see healers needing such information, at all. Mana management shouldn't be an issue. Either everything works as intended and you have the mana for it or something (i.e your playstyle, people making mistakes and eating to much damage, whatever...) is wrong, anyway.

Just my 2 cents.
I Raid-lead my current guild, and would like to see how things are progressing during the fight, rather than finding out after dying or something... is it really that hard to ask?
10-15-09, 05:10 AM   #14
Dridzt
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Boss Health Frames (4 of them) are coming with the default client in 3.3.
10-15-09, 09:10 AM   #15
Dawn
A Molten Giant

Originally Posted by Snoweh View Post
I Raid-lead my current guild, and would like to see how things are progressing during the fight, rather than finding out after dying or something... is it really that hard to ask?
Hehe, now I know why a "healer" needs this. My question is answered.

On topic:
Take a look at DXE. It's another bossmod that has this feature.

Last edited by Dawn : 10-15-09 at 09:13 AM.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Search/Requests » Boss Raid Frame